Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Mar 4, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #361 of 824
Yeah,all folders are in random order it took me more time to find songs I want to listen although most of the time I just play random songs.

But however, you gotta love this DAP it is a true audiophile quality focus on the SQ and none of thone other gimmicks ie.wifi,bluetooth,etc that will only cost more money for the function you barely use.

The clarity,details,superb black bacground plus a STUNNING bass response are all about it. It is so good it betters my AK120II.
It an excellent match with HD700 and the best portable for LCD X.
Cheers.

This is very very true. I don't care how the UI is or how annoying it is to browse through the music as long as the sound quality is this good. This DAP is a really great value. I love the pairing of the M2 with the B1. I've been using this combo more than my Paw Gold recently. I guess my only complaint is I feel like the battery drains way too fast when paired with the B1. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #362 of 824
  This is very very true. I don't care how the UI is or how annoying it is to browse through the music as long as the sound quality is this good. This DAP is a really great value. I love the pairing of the M2 with the B1. I've been using this combo more than my Paw Gold recently. I guess my only complaint is I feel like the battery drains way too fast when paired with the B1. 

I agree, pairing the M2S with the B1 has been fantastic, with the MEE p1 benefitting a lot with the pair. However, In my findings I express the opposite. I have found battery time to be quite a bit longer using the M2S in conjunction with the B1

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #363 of 824
  I agree, pairing the M2S with the B1 has been fantastic, with the MEE p1 benefitting a lot with the pair. However, In my findings I express the opposite. I have found battery time to be quite a bit longer using the M2S in conjunction with the B1

It might just be mine then. I'm charging both the B1 and the M2 up to full right now, and I will see if the battery issue happens again. The sound is great though when combined. I use it to drive full size headphones.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #364 of 824

If you happen to like M2 better than Paw Gold that's really a Bold statements, pretty much the way I feel with my AK120ii that I'm so used to for the past couple years.

I'm sure those issues will be addressed in the next firmware.

Yeah, I am waiting for my B1 replacement. The first one I got had a little problem.

Battery life seems to be very decent regarding this DAP is a class A amplification I got mine running for at least 6.5 hr on full size cans.

Did u guys have a chance to fiddle with the different filter type?

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #365 of 824
yea, the filters I believe help with decay. I've been gravitating with sharp SD for rock and Slow SD and LD for EDM and death metal depending. Seems to provide a little extra where the sub bass is concerned. Just what I hear, my two cents.

Can anyone else confirm?

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #366 of 824
yea, the filters I believe help with decay. I've been gravitating with sharp SD for rock and Slow SD and LD for EDM and death metal depending. Seems to provide a little extra where the sub bass is concerned. Just what I hear, my two cents.

Can anyone else confirm?

I've been using the same filrers pretty much. As to my comparison with the Paw Gold, I just really enjoy the sound of the M2 and B1. The Paw Gold is amazing, and head to head I would say the Paw is better, but there is something very enjoyable with the M2 sound especially with the KSE 1500.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #367 of 824
Coming from a ibasso DX50, I'm interested by this DAP however I have some questions:
- do you think the sound quality will be significantly better ?
- do you know if this DAP is sensitive of cellular interferences ?
- how is the UI ? Is it clearly usable ?

I'm hesitating between Aune M2 Pro and thebit Opus 1 (sensible of cellular interferences...). My iems are earsonics sm64. Do you think one of those DAP could work better with them ?
Thanks in advance

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #368 of 824
Coming from a ibasso DX50, I'm interested by this DAP however I have some questions:
- do you think the sound quality will be significantly better ?
- do you know if this DAP is sensitive of cellular interferences ?
- how is the UI ? Is it clearly usable ?

I'm hesitating between Aune M2 Pro and thebit Opus 1 (sensible of cellular interferences...). My iems are earsonics sm64. Do you think one of those DAP could work better with them ?
Thanks in advance

I have the DX90 and I prefer the sound of the Aune. I'm not sure compared to the dx50 though. I haven't noticed any cell interference yet either. If you do end up getting the M2, you should look into getting the B1 too.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #369 of 824
id really like to get this player (like a few people on this thread) but battery life keeps stopping me - is 4-5 hours really long enough? Also I warhed a youtube vid in which the reviewer says digital out would be implemnted by micro hdmi - has anyone tested this?

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #371 of 824
Battery life can be impacted to around the 4.5-6 IF you are using the M2 by itself. Remember there is a class A amp in the player.  It does get extended when using in conjunction with the B1 going up to a solid 7-9 depending on use (volume level), allowing the player to free up power it would normally use for the internal amp and extend play time.
As it stands now, when using the two together with my habits (family man, work and the odd adventure) I usually charge every two days. So take that for what it is.

In terms of cellular interference, if your truly worried about that then your gonna wanna bump up to the M2S for the satellite grade PCB teflon I can only presume they used this type of PCB to cut down on interference and noise. This is seriously a great little player that will only get better once they iron out these VERY little wrinkles preventing it from being a perfect player (in my eyes).

A sum up of problems experienced for those curious or wondering at this point:
When adding music after the initial load expect things to start not organizing as it should
If you switch your viewing mode from ascending to descending, it wont go back to normal if changed back
Lack of usb DAC function, would be easier to transfer music
Battery Life (its possible this can still be improved)
Lack of viewing options
Would be nice to have additional viewing options that extend past folder browsing for other users (personally this isn't an issue with me.)
Some would like to see the album covers displayed, but I've never cared before

Anything Im missing fellow owners?

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #372 of 824
The UI is friendly and very minimalistic if you're familiar with Fiio DAP then this is should be easier than that.

Turning it on/off only takes a second and scanning my 128GB SD card only ten seconds compare to AK at 2-3 minutes.

I have had FiiO X3, X3ii, X5, DX90, Hidiz AP100 and AK 120ii and this DAP is the snappiest and punchiest in term of transients, attack and bass impact.

I have not encountered any problem of any signal interference as I'm typing and calling using my Samsung S6.

DAC has a neutral to slightly bright and it's very revealing . It presents very accurate tonality as you will hear more "bells and tones" on any instruments. Gitar will have more pluck and string resonance, cymbals have more tone and sizzle, piano is very clear I can hear the fundamental tone in each strike. I am a musician/pianist.

If any of you thinking of getting this DAP it will be a terrific choice. Get the most your budget allows and the B1 amp is a really good amp that will give desktop listening experience.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #373 of 824
Skyfall can you give feedback on what you have experienced with the M2S and B1 combo with regards to overall use of time?  Seems like with full charge I can easily get closer to around 9 hours, but this of course is more a off the top reference as opposed to an accurate measurement. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #374 of 824
Sure.
My B1 replacement will be here on Monday will repot back later.

But the thing is, I'm not really really convince if using portable amp will extend the battery life since the class A amp is actually integrated within the DAC itself just like Hugo and MoJo. What I'm saying that there is no way to bypass the amp within the dac.

I also compare the Headphone out vs the line and they are pretty much identical in SQ. Line out is just a fixed max volume.

That being said when using portable amp you are essentially double amping.

In the mean time I'm using ALO RX3 in balance to drive my HD700.
The sound of M2S in balance mode bests my pro studio Focusrite audio interface desktop.
Much more spacious, way more three dimensional sound stage.

AUNE is amazing !

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #375 of 824
So even with Lineout we're not actually bypassing the amp? This is what I presumed but if that is not the case I really cannot account then for why to me it seems to last longer with the amp as opposed to without. 

Eager to hear impressions against the Rx3 and what you account for power used when with the B1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back