Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 30, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #1,501 of 1,991
Just changed my lexar 32gb into sandisk 128gb and the pop noise after the dsd song is gone. So goood

Glad to hear that.

As a Malaysian who's currently based in Australia, the same 128 GB micro SD card he got is roughly 90AUD (~67USD), while you can get it here for about 68AUD (~45USD).

Ha ha, suck for me as I am still stuck in a country of Taxes...... Anyways, did you migrate over Australia or are you living there temporary for work or for education?

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #1,502 of 1,991
Glad to hear that.

Ha ha, suck for me as I am still stuck in a country of Taxes...... Anyways, did you migrate over Australia or are you living there temporary for work or for education?

Studying here man, been blessed to be able to work for a bit during my breaks, hence why I can afford this. :gs1000smile:

Jun 30, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #1,503 of 1,991
My gapless is turned on on the settings. When I changed yesterday my sd card, so far no more pop noise on dsd. I don't know if it's because of the sd card or maybe the tracks. Hope no more pop noise in the future. Btw, I only heard the pop noise on dsd tracks only with my lexar 32gb, but flac works fine.

DSD files are much much larger than flac.
It will demand more from your DAP.

I had done some multi-tracks recording on SD Cards.
On some lesser cards, the tracks when played out will skip badly.
I had also carried out read/write test on a few SD Cards using a software h2testw.
On my test, Sandisk Extreme Pro came out top.

If changing to a good SD Card is able to solve your issue, then may be it's worth a try to get the best.

http://m.thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card/
http://www.techfunology.com/electro...cards/the-best-hcsd-cards-of-2014-our-top-10/

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,506 of 1,991
@yacobx, this is great. Would you please give specifics that you know of what they are working on? Gapless, song transitions, popping?
Candy from Aune confirmed with me she has the engineers looking at the alphabetical order of folders.

I told her it's ok to put on low priority! Don't lynch me yet! I put in a bug report in that I have!
Here is my folder name order
Numbers - A-E - Insert Asian Characters (lol hahaha) F-G *Insert Asian Characters* - G - M - *Insert Arabic Characters* - M - S - *Insert Russian Characters* - S - Numbers - Mixed alphabetical on newest songs loaded onto SD
20170617_090303.jpg

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #1,507 of 1,991
Studying here man, been blessed to be able to work for a bit during my breaks, hence why I can afford this. :gs1000smile:

I see.

I just want to make you guys aware that I have been talking with aune about this and the engineers are working on it :)

Alright, thank you very much for your effort.......well I apology if I kept on reporting the same issue but..... does Aune know that their player cannot playback 24bit 352.8k .wav tracks/track.... hopefully this will also be fixed...... if not, there is no point in publishing its eye catching spec..... sorry but no offence, just fix it (if possible).

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #1,508 of 1,991
I see.

Alright, thank you very much for your effort.......well I apology if I kept on reporting the same issue but..... does Aune know that their player cannot playback 24bit 352.8k .wav tracks/track.... hopefully this will also be fixed...... if not, there is no point in publishing its eye catching spec..... sorry but no offence, just fix it (if possible).

IDK if they know that, I have a 352.8k flac album that wont play too

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #1,512 of 1,991
I have the asura 2.0 and it works great with the m1s.

I have the asura 2.0 and it works great with the m1s on its full potential according to my ears. YMMV.

what gain settings did you use?

I have ashura v1, it sounds great with high gain settings on M1s, i dont really like with medium gain.

My plan is reterminate ashura v1 with balance jack, cant wait for the result!

Jul 1, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #1,514 of 1,991
hi guys now that many of you have used this for some months, what are you impressions on this vs Cayin n3? I'm looking to keep the DAP for a few years...thanks in advanced for your help...oh i'm currently using audio technica's e-40 dunno if that is of significance or not?

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #1,515 of 1,991
hi guys now that many of you have used this for some months, what are you impressions on this vs Cayin n3? I'm looking to keep the DAP for a few years...thanks in advanced for your help...oh i'm currently using audio technica's e-40 dunno if that is of significance or not?

Well I had tested both of them by using Audio Technica ATH-M40x in the past...... these are my opinion

Aune M1s (Currently own)
-Highs, as we had mentioned tons of times in this thread Aune M1s has "Saber Glare" sound which means bright and sometimes a little harsh.......
-Mids is not emphasised and not very coloured.
-Lows extends quite a bit and is not as boomy.
-Imaging is where this device shines since it sound relatively "clear".
-Sound stage......... to be tested.

Cayin N3 (Had it exchanged over and over again due to internal circuit error and eventually gave up on it but I had a good time using it before it failed)
-Highs, nothing special..... in fact I found it to be a little rounded off on some occasion.
-Mids sounds warmer and you will feel more like you are in your home sweet home but don't get me wrong, it does not sound as warm as tube amps.
-Lows pretty airy..... I think that is all....
-Imaging is not as great as Aune M1s but better than Sony NWZ-A15.
-Sound stage......... forgive me......

I hope that this will help you a little...... also those description are based on my memory that I recalled so there might be a little error due to Cayin had released quite a few firmware upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back