Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 6, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #1,383 of 1,991
I just tried this. After almost 3 days of testing, stutter still occur, and in tge same tracks, is it possible that my music is corrupted? It plays well wil my dacport slim though.

1. Is there a pattern to the stuttering problem? for example if only high resolution files 24/192 or DSD128 are stuttering or even 16/44 files are also stuttering? if only high res files stutter then the problem could be related to m1s. Try contacting Aune in this case.
  2. Could you try to use dacport slim with files off of m1s SD card? i.e. connect your m1s in storage mode and play music through your PC/MAC connected to DACPORT Slim? Alternatively you can check integrity of multiple copies of your music by comparing their sha-3 (SHA-512) check sums to see if files are not corrupted by using any of the utilities here. Read more about file integrity check here and here.
  3. If your music was downloaded from internet and if your purchase terms allow it, try to download at least one album again preferably using another PC. See if it still stutters with m1s.
If all this fails, I have no further troubleshooting steps I can think of. It may be better to contact Aune representatives here by pm or through their website.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #1,384 of 1,991
I just tried this. After almost 3 days of testing, stutter still occur, and in tge same tracks, is it possible that my music is corrupted? It plays well wil my dacport slim though.

Reformat your sd card into Fat32 with 64kb allocation. That's what I did on my lexar 64gb. So far, no more stuttering. If your tracks play well on your dacport slim, then I guess the problem is on your sd card. Try to use other sd cards and see if the stuttering is still there.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #1,385 of 1,991
Reformat your sd card into Fat32 with 64kb allocation. That's what I did on my lexar 64gb. So far, no more stuttering. If your tracks play well on your dacport slim, then I guess the problem is on your sd card. Try to use other sd cards and see if the stuttering is still there.

I did that before. Actually I was the one who first posted that step here, because I also get that help tip to one of my friend who also uses m1s. It is fine for only 2 weeks, and then, stutter occurs again. I changed my memory card from sandisk 16gb, to samsung evo 32 gb. It is doing fine for only 1 to 2 weeks, and then, viola. Stutter again.

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #1,387 of 1,991
I did that before. Actually I was the one who first posted that step here, because I also get that help tip to one of my friend who also uses m1s. It is fine for only 2 weeks, and then, stutter occurs again. I changed my memory card from sandisk 16gb, to samsung evo 32 gb. It is doing fine for only 1 to 2 weeks, and then, viola. Stutter again.

I hope mine will not stutter after 1-2 weeks.

@AuneAudio do you have any updates to fix this stuttering to some users?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #1,388 of 1,991
I'm be gonna diving into the Aune M1S. Gonna buy on thursday from penon.
It's a real old skool player it seems. No Album Artwork, no fancy volume knob. Dang Meng....

Any other advice people wanna give on this player. It seems the player still has bugs, but a lot has been improved in latest firmwares.

That stuttering issue does seem frightening. How bad is it?

Jun 6, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,389 of 1,991
I'm using a Toshiba class 10 64GB card which also face the same issue on some particular 24/192 flac songs.

BTW, I tried out the dps1 and xdp 30r yesterday. The dps1 is deeper at the subbass for a bit and a little warmer, while 30r is thinner on the vocal, both were compared via balanced output. So my conclusion is I would stay on my m1s as the sound differences are not too big to notice and the navigation is way too convenient. The only tie-breakers are the size and touch screen then...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,390 of 1,991
It's a real old skool player it seems. No Album Artwork, no fancy volume knob. Dang Meng....

Any other advice people wanna give on this player. It seems the player still has bugs, but a lot has been improved in latest firmwares.

For me, the stuttering is not that bad. 5 out of 800+ flac song stuttered for 1-2 seconds, but now it's already gone. Just update it into the latest firmware.
I must say the m1s is really good especially the balanced output. I have no regrets getting one.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #1,391 of 1,991

For the money, the M1s has a very good value. It sounds better than FiiO X5III IMO, although with less features and quicker speed. It boot and navigates fast; has balanced output and USB file transfer. My advice is to update it to 1.06 firmware with either more/less aggressive volume curve. For the sound quality, I prefer the Aune M2 though. But for the price and features, the M1s is better. You'll also get two screen protectors, and should you use one you'll need a clean environment or else there can be dust stuck underneath. I also recommend using the silicon case for more comfort in handling. I haven't had any problem such as stuttering or surprising volume raise, etc.

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #1,392 of 1,991
For the money, the M1s has a very good value. It sounds better than FiiO X5III IMO, although with less features and quicker speed. It boot and navigates fast; has balanced output and USB file transfer. My advice is to update it to 1.06 firmware with either more/less aggressive volume curve. For the sound quality, I prefer the Aune M2 though. But for the price and features, the M1s is better. You'll also get two screen protectors, and should you use one you'll need a clean environment or else there can be dust stuck underneath. I also recommend using the silicon case for more comfort in handling. I haven't had any problem such as stuttering or surprising volume raise, etc.

You're one lucky owner for not having any issues! :slight_smile:

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #1,393 of 1,991

Already used one of the screen protectors but I failed. There are bubbles on the screen. Wish I could put it properly:laughing:

Jun 7, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #1,394 of 1,991
Already used one of the screen protectors but I failed. There are bubbles on the screen. Wish I could put it properly:laughing:

One way of putting it properly is inside a bathroom with running warm water (like from a shower) to produce just the right amount of moist (to trap the dust particles in the air). Though applying the screen protector in a room without too much dust is what I usually do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back