Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
May 29, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #1,336 of 1,991
only if only aune can make treble and bass adjustments through the next firmware update.

I can almost guarantee that this won't happen.

Just placed my order for an M1S. If it works out, supports 256GB MicroSD and does better "balanced out" for headphones and output to my RA2B... then, Fiio X5iii is going up for sale.

Depends on your personal preference, of course. For my taste, I would take M1s over X5 III for sound, especially when M1s balanced out is taken into account.

The X5III in my experience doesn't have that transparency, separation, and stage width that the M1s has. It does however, beat the M1s in stage depth, and bass area. If you don't mind having less features, in compensation for higher sound quality, then the M1s is a great value IMO.

Hmm... I don't have X5iii to listen to any longer, but I'm curious how you think it beats M1s in bass department. That wasn't my experience. M1s isn't as full sounding as X5iii, but I feel M1s has better definition in the bass region.

May 29, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #1,338 of 1,991
Hmm... I don't have X5iii to listen to any longer, but I'm curious how you think it beats M1s in bass department. That wasn't my experience. M1s isn't as full sounding as X5iii, but I feel M1s has better definition in the bass region.
Pardon me for saying that, I didn't mean to say 'beat'. Maybe more to the liking for some bass-heads. IMO the X5III has a deeper, darker, and fuller low frequency in comparison with M1s. Due to the X5III having more quantity, but not necessarily more quality in its presentation/technique (layering, positioning, resolution, imaging, etc.). Then again, this was just my experience. It may differ from yours.

May 29, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,339 of 1,991
I still experienced stuttering issues on my aune m1s. I have sent an email to aune audio support. This is really bothering me, as this DAP wasn't supposed to behave like this. I hope that this isnt a manufacturing defect, or else I will request for a replacement.

May 29, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,344 of 1,991
It is a 64 gb samsung evo sd card

I have a 128 GB Samsung evo that I'm going to use when my massdrop purchase arrives and will report back but that will most likely be in 2-3 weeks as they are not scheduled to ship until 6/8. I know that this doesn't help you out now and hopefully you will have it settled by then.

May 29, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #1,345 of 1,991
From my experience with samsung evo sd card 128gb i had problem exactly like you, and i am using right now the sandisk sd card 128 gb, and everything fine, no problems.
So, AUNE m1s and samsung evo sd card - Do not go together.

May 29, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,346 of 1,991
From my experience with samsung evo sd card 128gb i had problem exactly like you, and i am using right now the sandisk sd card 128 gb, and everything fine, no problems.
So, AUNE m1s and samsung evo sd card - Do not go together.

This is soooo something I did not want to read. I have a Samsung Evo 256GB MicroSD card in my X5iii that I wanted to use in the M1S.

May 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #1,347 of 1,991
Regardless of any file types, be it mp3, flac 16 bit to 24 bit, and even dsd, there are certain songs that will just stutter all of a sudden, which is really annoying when you're in the middle of enjoying the music you're listening to.

May be try remove id tag or album art see if it help?

May 29, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #1,348 of 1,991
It is a 64 gb samsung evo sd card
Is it fat32 64kl allocation file? May help. If not. I'm sorry you got bad luck. I use unknown Taiwanese brand 128gb exfat on mine and works great at 95%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back