Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Apr 15, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #1,066 of 1,991

Hi! maybe someone can help me, i have problem with the sd card 128 gb , sometimes the The songs sound stuttering , the sd card is in exFAT format.
thanks in advance!

Format your tf card to Fat32 with 64kb allocation size. I experienced stuttering on some songs before, but after this advice from a friend who is also an m1s user, I didn't experienced stuttering now.

Well if this is true this is very important info!

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,067 of 1,991
Format your tf card to Fat32 with 64kb allocation size. I experienced stuttering on some songs before, but after this advice from a friend who is also an m1s user, I didn't experienced stuttering now.

No kidding. There's a reason most DAPs have a Format SD card feature for maximum comparability. If the M1s is particularly picky in this regard, I'd suggest that Aune make this very clear to avoid user frustration. Perhaps AuneAudio could check with the engineers and report back...

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #1,068 of 1,991

No kidding. There's a reason most DAPs have a Format SD card feature for maximum comparability. If the M1s is particularly picky in this regard, I'd suggest that Aune make this very clear to avoid user frustration. Perhaps AuneAudio could check with the engineers and report back...

And or add the format sd card feature?

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #1,069 of 1,991

I'm not sure if stuttering will still occur after formatting tf card with the procedure that I did, but as if now, I didn't noticed any.

To be honest I felt really worried when I first heard it, I thought my unit is deffective, because I did'nt experienced it from my previous daps before. Not really sure if m1s is picky with tf cards.

Apr 15, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #1,070 of 1,991
And or add the format sd card feature?

If it's possible with the processor they're using, that would be nice. Might not be possible, though. Not sure...

I'm not sure if stuttering will still occur after formatting tf card with the procedure that I did, but as if now, I didn't noticed any.

To be honest I felt really worried when I first heard it, I thought my unit is deffective, because I did'nt experienced it from my previous daps before. Not really sure if m1s is picky with tf cards.

Some DAPs are really picky. That darn LP3, for example. It refuses to play several cards that work just fine in all my other DAPs and corrupted one card. It was a really nice card, too. SanDisk 200gb. Really ticked me off. Grr... Darn LP3!

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #1,073 of 1,991

Wait what cut off? Describe it please, also can you share the file?

You will hear a 'dirty cut' after a song, this may be heard on albums that was recorded gaplessly and each song was ripped into individual tracks

On the new beta 1.058, has anyone heard a popping noise at the end of dsd64 tracks?

Haven't experienced this one yet, I'll give it a run once more and will provide some inputs

Edit: There is loud pop sound heard after the song plays. The songs are titled Visions of Her and Rodeo on a Ridge by David Elias on DSD64 format. The popping sound occurs when the song is played back in whole, but when I fast forwarded it to the near end, it doesn't happen.

Apr 16, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #1,078 of 1,991
I emailed Shelly to let her know of this major issue

Thank you. But can you also email he about the SD card issue and try to get some info out from her so that we can avoid pop sound when playing back dsd files?

Yeah I already passed that on to her :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #1,079 of 1,991
@aune hi
Since the 2 latest fw. 1.053 and 1.o58 less aggressive curse vol. I have pops and little cracks parasites noises only in DSD128 and a big crack noise in the end of every track
Theses pops appears regularly every 15 sec and when i up crease vol pop at every level vol increase!!!
Regards

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #1,080 of 1,991
Yeah I already passed that on to her
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

@aune hi
Since the 2 latest fw. 1.053 and 1.o58 less aggressive curse vol. I have pops and little cracks parasites noises only in DSD128 and a big crack noise in the end of every track
Theses pops appears regularly every 15 sec and when i up crease vol pop at every level vol increase!!!
Regards

This is what I was always talking about.....well what Micro SD card are you using right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back