Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #901 of 1,991
  She only said soon, so Zod knows what that means.

Yes , the limited is 128GB ,FAT32 , about your problem , 
gapless playback with .cue files doesn't work.----------sorry 
and the other problem we will test and we will have new software soon

I'm on the UK review tour.. Really hoping as many as possible of these reported issues get solved before I receive the unit
tongue_smile.gif

No idea when I'll be receiving the unit mind you, have completely lost track and haven't heard anything in a while.
But that just makes my wishes all the more likely to come true
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #902 of 1,991
  I'm on the UK review tour.. Really hoping as many as possible of these reported issues get solved before I receive the unit
tongue_smile.gif

No idea when I'll be receiving the unit mind you, have completely lost track and haven't heard anything in a while.
But that just makes my wishes all the more likely to come true
biggrin.gif

I had a 256 Gb Sd card working in mine with no problems. I must be very forgiving of my demo unit because I found no problems whatsoever using it. None

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #903 of 1,991
I had a 256 Gb Sd card working in mine with no problems. I must be very forgiving of my demo unit because I found no problems whatsoever using it. None

That is awesome. I have had zero luck with playing gapless from a .cue file. Have you done that? You are not getting any cutoff at the start of tracks? Those are the two issues I have that are more than just a preference thing for me, like sorting card with the alphabet...

Mar 23, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #904 of 1,991
  I just purchase Aune M1S.
When I play wav file that ripped from my audio CD, the player body became warm. Is this normal?

Normal as confirmed by other users that I know. I too was surprised by the warm when playing wav, DSD, flac and alac. Mp3 not so much. I also asked Aune via facebook and was advised it is normal. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #905 of 1,991
  about the warm thing, aune replied it's by design. so no worries.

-------------------

Normal as confirmed by other users that I know. I too was surprised by the warm when playing wav, DSD, flac and alac. Mp3 not so much. I also asked Aune via facebook and was advised it is normal. 

Glad to hear that :)

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #907 of 1,991
Another good tweak would be for it to remember the last folder that was browsed to. Like for example you navigate to a folder and are about to start a different song and get distracted, you are taken back to the current playing folder instead of where you last navigated to. It's a small thing but still would be great if that was fixed also @AuneAudio

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #910 of 1,991
Balanced output is excellent. I confirm... And i thought single ended was already very good. I did not expect the balanced to be such a significant upgrade! Not only it is more clear and detailed but also warmer, more musical? 

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #911 of 1,991

Great sounding little amp that has a lot of power.  Balanced in and balanced out with the M1 2.5mm balanced line out and Fireye HDB balanced in (RSA connector) through to HDB balanced out (RSA) (it also has single ended output too).  Only problem is you have to make your own adapters and stuff since it uses that RSA connector.  It's worth it though, so much better sounding than through the M1 alone.  Way more separation and bass oomph and definition.  Just great sounding all around actually.  Low gain on this can drive the Senn HD650 easily, Medium gain and you are right where you want to be.
Last time I saw this amp for sale, it was on Massdrop for like $175 or something.  I already had it by then.
Here's a link to a dead drop on Massdrop.  I guess if you want it, you have to make a request....    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/firestone-fireye-hdb

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #915 of 1,991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back