Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Mar 13, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #857 of 1,991
it's nice review, i just wish there was more comparison with others DAP
and perhaps a more develloped sounds description.
This makes me feel like something is missing 
happy_face1.gif

I'm listening to Aune M1S with campfred for a week now and i'm truly living a bliss, seriously, i am actually feeling guilty sometimes about so much pleasure i have with this thing. But my words have little value, i come from the obscur age of low budget dap.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #858 of 1,991
Mar 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #864 of 1,991

it's nice review, i just wish there was more comparison with others DAP
and perhaps a more develloped sounds description.
This makes me feel like something is missing 
happy_face1.gif

I'm listening to Aune M1S with campfred for a week now and i'm truly living a bliss, seriously, i am actually feeling guilty sometimes about so much pleasure i have with this thing. But my words have little value, i come from the obscur age of low budget dap.

I struggled a little with that. Lately I feel that DAPs (mid-fi at least, where I have better experience) all put out "good" sound. Perhaps I just don't have golden ears, but I hear improvement when going balanced from single-ended, but I simply hear changes in signature, maybe, when switching from maker to maker, but not necessarily between models.

@negura has posted his review from the UK Aune M1S tour organized by Aune and myself. Check the review out here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-m1s-32bit-384khz-dsd128-3-5mm-2-5mm-balanced-hifi-audiophile-lossless-portable-music-player/reviews/18191

Nice...covers all those bases regarding sound...

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #866 of 1,991
I have a question. Does everybody who has one of these M1s units experiencing the slight cut off at the beginning of songs during playback? I was sure that Aune would have released and update by now to fix that. Are there certain cards that don't reveal this error? If so, which are they. All my Sandisk 10x revel this error. Pretty unusable DAP until this is fixed or Aune suggests a card that doesn't do that. Who else is having this problem?

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #867 of 1,991
I have a question. Does everybody who has one of these M1s units experiencing the slight cut off at the beginning of songs during playback? I was sure that Aune would have released and update by now to fix that. Are there certain cards that don't reveal this error? If so, which are they. All my Sandisk 10x revel this error. Pretty unusable DAP until this is fixed or Aune suggests a card that doesn't do that. Who else is having this problem?

I'm pretty sure everyone has the same problem (correct me if I'm wrong).

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #870 of 1,991
The Hifiman Supermini can be prone to a half-second "cutoff" when rapidly flicking between songs - I remember them saying it was due to the lack of hyper-threading by the processor when posting music in order to maximise the SQ. I wonder if the Aune chip runs in a similar manner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back