Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jan 10, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #453 of 1,991

If you like to get more details, dynamics and better battery, that Aune. If you like more neutral sound, two slots, than X10. And of course balanced end on Aune can by nice too. For brighter phones I think is better X10, for darker M1s.

I am using Mee Audio P1 now, the Aune is so tempting...

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #455 of 1,991
Hey guys amazon japan is selling the newly released pioneer xdp-300r for a very cheap price (around 300 dollar including shipping fee to the U.S.). So I am debating either I should get that or stay with aune m1s. Can you guys give me some suggestion on which one is better in terms of the built-in dac and amp between the two? (excluding UI and price) Thank you so much!

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #457 of 1,991
There is 2.5mm balance VE monk readily available in the market? Or we have to re-cable it to convert into 2.5mm balanced?

Balanced Monk+ comes with 3.5mm connector but adapters are included AFAIK :

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4

Edit ;there's actually a 2.5mm version available now as well.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #458 of 1,991
If you go to the Aune website they are offering the M1s for $249 with 3 (black, grey, red) silicone cases, 2 screen protectors and a special edition balanced Monk+ (which is $30 value). It's a preorder for shipping larer this month.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #459 of 1,991
If you go to the Aune website they are offering the M1s for $249 with 3 (black, grey, red) silicone cases, 2 screen protectors and a special edition balanced Monk+ (which is $30 value). It's a preorder for shipping larer this month.

I need a silicone case for my M1S. Where can I get one?

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #461 of 1,991

Thanks a lot for your feedback about the pairing of the IE80 with the M1s. Are you using the 2.5 mm balanced output or the regular 3.5mm output for your IE80?

I'm deciding if I should upgrade to a balanced cable for my IE80 if I go ahead to purchase the M1s. 

Hey sorry missed your reply to my post, I realize that I chose my words poorly, I meant balanced in terms of balancing the sound signature of the Aune M1S, not that I ran the IE80 balanced. I ran the IE80 with stock cable. I personally didn't like the IE80 as I said before so I don't know how much I can help you in figuring out how it would sound to you. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #462 of 1,991
  This or the Xduoo X10? Anyone heard of both?

I have both and it comes down to how you like your music to sound. If I were to boil down both DAPs Headphone out sound to one sentence it would be something like:

xDuoo X10: Laid back and controlled (relatively neutral, relaxed)
Aune M1S: Dynamic and Lively sounding (energetic, detailed and airy)

Again these are relative terms but to my ears thats how they differ when comparing the respective headphone outs. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #463 of 1,991
I have both and it comes down to how you like your music to sound. If I were to boil down both DAPs Headphone out sound to one sentence it would be something like:

xDuoo X10: Laid back and controlled (relatively neutral, relaxed)
Aune M1S: Dynamic and Lively sounding (energetic, detailed and airy)

Again these are relative terms but to my ears thats how they differ when comparing the respective headphone outs. 

The description of the M1S is extremely accurate. You have good ears.

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #465 of 1,991
I just made an order for the M1s on Taobao, should be receiving it by next week. 
smile.gif

Price is 1199 yuan which is around USD 173. Comes with a one silicone case. I have to check with a couple of vendors because not all of them are including the silicone case with the purchase of the M1s.

There is a separate Aune promotion going on that you will receive a complimentary silicone case (choice between red, blue and grey) and one VE Monk Plus balanced earphone if you post pictures and write about your M1s, but I believe it is applicable only for China. 
http://cn.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/detail/id/168.html

I've also ordered balanced cables with 2.5 mm TRRS for my IE80. Very interested to try out the balanced output of the M1s after hearing all the positive feedback on this thread.

Will report back after I have the chance to try them out.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back