Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,861 of 1,991
Update on my faulty aune M1s (the balanced output is loose so no more sound on left channel): I send it back to Hi FI 79 about a month ago, which then, send it back to Sonority (AKA aune-europe, the official distributor for europe) they are sending it back to Aune next week and aune themselves will decide how and what to repair. next update in 2018 i guess :roll_eyes:

@Talenx : did you bought the dap straight from aune? otherwise you should contact the place where you bought it, not them

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,862 of 1,991
Update on my faulty aune M1s (the balanced output is loose so no more sound on left channel): I send it back to Hi FI 79 about a month ago, which then, send it back to Sonority (AKA aune-europe, the official distributor for europe) they are sending it back to Aune next week and aune themselves will decide how and what to repair. next update in 2018 i guess :roll_eyes:

@Talenx : did you bought the dap straight from aune? otherwise you should contact the place where you bought it, not them
I bought it through massdrop and since it was after 30 days they told me to contact Aune directly.

Hopefully you'll get a replacement.

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #1,863 of 1,991
Massdrop aren't known for their ability to solves issues that's for sure :/. I think the loosy jack can be fixed very easily and I almost regret I didnt try to do it myself if I knew the after service was that slow. worse thing could happen is they refuse to fix it and send it back as it is 3 months later.

Dec 9, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #1,864 of 1,991
Maybe its a knows issue but the system info of the player says that i have firmware 1.06, memory 119.908 GB and used 74.404GB. The problem is however that there are more than 100GB of mp3 and flac files on the card.
So i am asking myself is there a limitation on the number of files that can be played, if so that issue should be handled in the next firmware update. If not how come the player does not see all the files.
The card i am using is a 128GB Sandisk Ultra A1 formated with guiformat.
Anybody can help me out!?

Dec 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,865 of 1,991
Try the in house aune formatter available at aune website. I had no issues on my side using exfat though...
If the problems is too many files. You may want to convert some albums into a single files. I don't think this will be possible to fix because of the ram limitation

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,866 of 1,991
Try the in house aune formatter available at aune website. I had no issues on my side using exfat though...
If the problems is too many files. You may want to convert some albums into a single files. I don't think this will be possible to fix because of the ram limitation

Same problem when card is formatted as exfat. The in house formatter software is guiformat!

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,867 of 1,991
hey I learned something really cool with Aune M1S.

if I insert all my songs in LAME mp3. the folders get all disorganized. But if I use AAC, it's completely organized and everything is in perfect alphabetical order, wth.. LOL

I wonder if it's just the tagging or something.

Edit: this might be a isolated incident on my device, don't see anyone else having this.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #1,869 of 1,991
This DAP looks like a tank and I thought it would be a durable option... Obviously it isn't... my aune has been returned to the shop HiFi-79 because of the balanced disconnection issue and its been quiet since then. Ill wait another week before contacting them but i am not feeling very confident to be honest.
A little update, I send back my dap to HiFistudio79.nl, they didn't touch it anc send it back to sonority.nl aka aune-europe, the official importer of aune on europe. As Hifi79 told me, in November, aune themselves requested sonority to send the dap back to them. After a big silence, it arrived "repaired" according to Hifi79 words, at their shop in the end of December. It came back to me only today. Packed in cello, "as new". The only downside is that they literally fixed nothing, they only pretended... Very frustrating. I can't believe how messy this after-sale experience is.

EDIT: So I opened the thing myself, put a bit of solder here and there at the 2.5mm connector, Push the metal part that serve to hold the jack. it seems to be fixed. the connection is as tight as new and no disconnection whatsoever, good old stereo working as it should be. That was really a minor and easy fix. Proof that they didn't even try anything whatsoever.
@AuneAudio not very impressed by your warranty repair service. Try a bit harder next time :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,870 of 1,991
A little update, I send back my dap to HiFistudio79.nl, they didn't touch it anc send it back to sonority.nl aka aune-europe, the official importer of aune on europe. As Hifi79 told me, in November, aune themselves requested sonority to send the dap back to them. After a big silence, it arrived "repaired" according to Hifi79 words, at their shop in the end of December. It came back to me only today. Packed in cello, "as new". The only downside is that they literally fixed nothing, they only pretended... Very frustrating. I can't believe how messy this after-sale experience is.

EDIT: So I opened the thing myself, put a bit of solder here and there at the 2.5mm connector, Push the metal part that serve to hold the jack. it seems to be fixed. the connection is as tight as new and no disconnection whatsoever, good old stereo working as it should be. That was really a minor and easy fix. Proof that they didn't even try anything whatsoever.
@AuneAudio not very impressed by your warranty repair service. Try a bit harder next time :wink:
Thanks for your Feedback
Could you post a picture of your solder ?

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,871 of 1,991
Thanks for your Feedback
Could you post a picture of your solder ?
I took some photos of the internals, the solder is on the lower right of the pcb, The thing is quite easy to dismantle, you only need to remove the 2screw at the bottom and a tweezer to disconnect the battery. notice the ducktape to hold the buttons! that is quite cute

apuMJHp.jpg

vzotGif.jpg

rvzBreG.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #1,872 of 1,991
Thanks a lot.
That could be useful, fort my M1s :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back