Aune M1P
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #286 of 456
@AuneAudio

Hiya —I have two questions re: this great little player:
  1. Is it at all possible that we'll see an update after which we'll be able to use the USB cable to load songs onto the SD card?
  2. FYI the cut of the pleather case does not let most 4.4 terminations to be used with it, nor does it include an opening to access the microSD card — any chance you'll redesign them?

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #287 of 456
@Excession33 findings confirmed here. Following the latest firmware update, the unit becomes unreliable for simple tasks such as powering it on.

Removing the microSD card, starting the player without it, then turning it off, inserting the microSD card and turning it back on again solved it.

Without the aforementioned shenanigans, the player simple wouldn't start 🤷🏼‍♂️

I hope this might help others but this latest firmware clearly is unreliable.

Review updated accordingly.

@AuneAudio FYI.

P.S. There's also is a visual glitch with the "All Once" play mode on the playback screen — the background isn't the same as when other play modes are selected. This pre-dates the latest firmware update though.

Jan 27, 2024 update — Battery depleted overnight, after a full charge, which never happened before / to be re-confirmed.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #288 of 456
@Excession33 findings confirmed here. Following the latest firmware update, the unit becomes unreliable for simple tasks such as powering it on.

Removing the microSD card, starting the player without it, then turning it off, inserting the microSD card and turning it back on again solved it.

@AuneAudio FYI.

P.S. There's also is a visual glitch with the "All Once" play mode on the playback screen — the background isn't the same as when other play modes are selected.
I've reverted to 1.07 and it's been fine sofar. 1.072 is just not worth the hassle as it stands now, if they do another update and make sd scanning optional I may reconsider.

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #293 of 456

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_212004.jpg
    IMG_20240127_212004.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #294 of 456

@AuneAudio FYI.

P.S. There's also is a visual glitch with the "All Once" play mode on the playback screen — the background isn't the same as when other play modes are selected. This pre-dates the latest firmware update though.

Jan 27, 2024 update — Battery depleted overnight, after a full charge, which never happened before.

I’ve had that battery depletion issue right from the start - I have to ensure I actually switch off the device, otherwise I’ll go back a few hours later and find it dead.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #295 of 456
I’ve had that battery depletion issue right from the start - I have to ensure I actually switch off the device, otherwise I’ll go back a few hours later and find it dead.
I reverted to the the previous FW now but I'm pretty sure I turned it off but, in doubt, I'll edit things, good point, thanks.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #297 of 456
Aune said that the battery drain is more or less constant when the unit is on. So turn off if not in use.

Frustrating but I’ve got used to it - I still remind myself how relatively cheap it is for a fantastic sounding, compact and easy to use player… and put up with the few quirks!

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #299 of 456
Yeah, it can be infuriating but… my god, what a sound!
Just received mine today with the green case...indeed what a sound!! I actually love the UI and barebones approach for it. Everything is just geared to producing a fabulous sound!
That said, I do like the design, ease of use and portability.
Btw, it came with fw 1.072 installed. Having read the posts above I've reverted to 1.07fw.

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #300 of 456
Just received mine today with the green case...indeed what a sound!! I actually love the UI and barebones approach for it. Everything is just geared to producing a fabulous sound!
That said, I do like the design, ease of use and portability.
Btw, it came with fw 1.072 installed. Having read the posts above I've reverted to 1.07fw.
its Bluetooth is also more than good enough. yes it's aptxhd but then again when you're on the go - it won't make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back