Dec 17, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #241 of 484
1.agree
2.agree
3.very much agree considering favorite tracks is limited to about 400
4.dont care
5.disagree ruins the barebones nature
6.agree
7.adding proper line out
8.increasing file character length. some of my tracks dont show up because they have long file names. none of my other players have this problem.
Hi i agree on this,

1. yes
2. yes
3. for me not needed
4. for sure
5. it would be really nice to have more options
6. not sure, but i am facing sound distortions while transmitting over BT to my JBL Boombox its huuuge distortion, same with small JBL Go/mini device, after leaving
device on table it will stop, while picked to hand and changing to different song, its again, my distance between devices is 3meters but i dont think so its due distance, am i only one who facing this ? why is that or something is with BT module?
+7. it would be great to have limit for 256 characters or even 128 chars for filenames, at least that will be nice too, as its showing no files at this situations.
8. upper top button functionality is empty upon double click or while screen is off and device playing music - place to add some functionality too
9. not sure if possible to add folder picture/album support, that will be "cherry pick :) too"

otherwise i like this neat design and in general device, but with those fixed above things it could became more game changer , really, i choosed this device as i think its top in current possible offerings on market and its non-android like hifiman devices were with such simple analog feeling

thank you @aune for great device, but please tune firmware, i am your great fan

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #242 of 484
Btw, I haven't seen anyone actually mention this little screen on the product page:
1702831406406.png

M1P has SINAD of 113DB (of course I take it with a grain of salt, as it's not an independent measurement) which is basically desktop level type of equipment. I've seen only 1 other DAP to be measured similarly: LPGT.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #243 of 484
You guys have been told that LO equals max volume.
For your edification, a relevant diagram I found today.

4_820180ed-1a01-4328-b918-95188b884bd0.jpeg

Even if a player uses it's PO to double as a LO, it is not simply 'double-amping' at max volume. The 'click' that my Acmee MF02s, and Shanling M5s make when switching to LO mode is the circuit adjusting to bypass the headphone amp. This is how we avoid distortion.

I understand why you'd want to defend the product.
We simply wish it also had a LO function, and 'LO equals max volume' is not an answer to that problem, sadly enough.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #244 of 484
For your edification, a relevant diagram I found today.

4_820180ed-1a01-4328-b918-95188b884bd0.jpeg

Even if a player uses it's PO to double as a LO, it is not simply 'double-amping' at max volume. The 'click' that my Acmee MF02s, and Shanling M5s make when switching to LO mode is the circuit adjusting to bypass the headphone amp. This is how we avoid distortion.

I understand why you'd want to defend the product.
We simply wish it also had a LO function, and 'LO equals max volume' is not an answer to that problem, sadly enough.
I'm just telling that you will not get a true LO here. And that if you want more power you either double amp or look elsewhere.

I'm defending this product because for $400 you get a TOTL performance: device that measures better than lpgt and (to my ears) when paired with IEMs sounds better than any other portable device.
Of course they will cut every corner to achieve that performance for a single use case: "low power dap for iems and easy to drive cans".

I'm flabbergasted that people do not realize it. It's like complaining that there is a crossbar, no back seats and no interior in a rally car.

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #245 of 484
It's more like 'complaining' that the rally car has no way to shift gears. When they had intended that it should.

I own other 'Rally DAP's'. So I know it's possible. I like Aune, but their ability to finish a product is not great.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #249 of 484
The Aune rep will say whatever they're told to say, or whatever is convenient. It's not the amp section that's bypassed, it's the headphone amp section. The volume can be set to max without being passed through the headphone amp.

Whatever the case, we are of one mind on this: it's unlikely they'll introduce it at this point. Must have been something awkward or flawed about the implementation.

Still... unlikely... but not impossible, hahaha :)

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #250 of 484
The Aune rep will say whatever they're told to say, or whatever is convenient. It's not the amp section that's bypassed, it's the headphone amp section. The volume can be set to max without being passed through the headphone amp.

Whatever the case, we are of one mind on this: it's unlikely they'll introduce it at this point. Must have been something awkward or flawed about the implementation.

heres hoping

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #252 of 484
Just a warning to anyone that has a lot of tracks, it looks like the limit is 40,000 when I shuffle all it always displays that number, and I have plenty of files not being read by the player.

I love the dap , it has its Quirkyness but I love it no matter what .
But cannot unsee that it's written as DAC / Music player on the back of the player & yet it is not having a PURE lineout.

Attachments

• IMG_20231224_211337.jpg
    IMG_20231224_211337.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #253 of 484
Just a warning to anyone that has a lot of tracks, it looks like the limit is 40,000 when I shuffle all it always displays that number, and I have plenty of files not being read by the player.
oh that's disappointing. favourite tracks has a limit of about 450 as well. file names have a character length limit otherwise they dont display. cant remember the exact limit but @AuneAudio stated it to me earlier in this thread.

all this is due to the internal space/ram??

the total/favourite track limits could all be alleviated to a certain extent by giving us a playlist option and allowing the player to read .m3u or the like.

come on @AuneAudio a nice Christmas present.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #254 of 484
40k tracks is 3000-ish albums. Can't complain. Instead of play lists I just have folders. Some tracks get duplicated but I don't mind.
Name length cap is annoying, but bulk rename utility helps here as well.

An audiophile must suffer :)

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #255 of 484
40k tracks is 3000-ish albums. Can't complain. Instead of play lists I just have folders. Some tracks get duplicated but I don't mind.
Name length cap is annoying, but bulk rename utility helps here as well.

An audiophile must suffer :)
id thought about folders but didnt really want to duplicate but i guess I could

Users who are viewing this thread

Back