Aune M1P
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #226 of 485
This + Ripping Tidal Playlists + Bulk Rename utility (the player will play track 111 before track 12, so you have to rename 12 to 012) = I doubt I would ever use bluetooth.
Caveat, I only listen to IEMs so I don't need a lot of power from my sources.
And M1p sounds surprisingly 'better' than my trusted old Celsus Companion One. Pretty much every other thing I've listened sounded either worse (high noise floor) or approximately the same (wire with gain). But this thing does 'something' to the sound, specifically 3 things: bass impact, soundstage/separation and upper mids.
I can hear new things on Daft Punk - Motherboard (one of my test tracks) with this, which weren't retreived by any other source that I have heard.

@AuneAudio can you add ability to play/pause with screen off? This is the only annoying thing about this player that I cannot work around.
with you re play/pause

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #227 of 485
I renamed a few albums with 01. 02. 03. etc at the start but it didn’t work, still randomly chose tracks! A pity @AuneAudio didn’t chime in here or respond to my email. I really want to enjoy this DAP but this is very frustrating!

Another thing to be aware of is that it gets quite warm not only when playing, but even just powered on - I had stopped the music recently and it was fully charged, I went back to it a couple of hours later and it had lost maybe 30% of its charge, even though it wasn’t playing anything, and was still warm.

I’d urge serious caution to anyone considering buying, unless I’ve got a faulty unit or something.
Just re-reading the thread. I've installed the 1.07 firmware when I got it today. Listening to the device for around 12 hours straight with 1 hr break to recharge the dap. It does not get hot at all. Maybe something is indeed wrong with your device.

Dec 15, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #228 of 485
Yeah, it breaks my heart. M1p is everything I want, but I'm done buying DAP's that don't have a LO.
Aune representative mentioned that they had an LO mode that was just setting max volume, but decided to leave it out. So just set volume to max and use it. There's nothing inherently bad about double amping as long as the distortion is low on source signal - which it is here.

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #229 of 485
Aune representative mentioned that they had an LO mode that was just setting max volume, but decided to leave it out. So just set volume to max and use it. There's nothing inherently bad about double amping as long as the distortion is low on source signal - which it is here.
Others in the thread have mentioned distortion when doing this.

If it's so easy to implement, then they should bring it back in an update. I'm pretty sure there's more to a 'LO mode' then simply bombing 100% output into an rca interconnect. I mean, sure, set the digital volume to 100%, but not the headphone amp.

I just don't like double-amping, man, sorry. A Line Out mode is fixed and clean and purpose-made... it sets my mind at ease. I press the button, I hear the device click internally, and I know that some suitable adjustments have been made.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #230 of 485
Others in the thread have mentioned distortion when doing this.

If it's so easy to implement, then they should bring it back in an update. I'm pretty sure there's more to a 'LO mode' then simply bombing 100% output into an rca interconnect. I mean, sure, set the digital volume to 100%, but not the headphone amp.

I just don't like double-amping, man, sorry. A Line Out mode is fixed and clean and purpose-made... it sets my mind at ease. I press the button, I hear the device click internally, and I know that some suitable adjustments have been made.
i agree. ive got an ibasso dx170 (i prefer the aune) but the ibasso has a line out mode and sounds much better than the aune when using it like that (it doesnt otherwise). so I find it really frustrating when i plug the aune into the car aux and it sounds like crap.

it would be be easy for them to add this in an update im sure

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #232 of 485
@AuneAudio

Why are you ignoring your customers? We paid good money for this device so the least you could do is acknowledge our requests.

Because of the size of my collection it takes FIVE minutes to boot up, should I really have to plan ahead every time I want to listen to a few tracks or an album? That's enough time to have a shower and make a cup of tea, I've got a laptop from 2010 that boots up quicker. So PLEASE implement a way of disabling the scan on boot up default.

Also others want a line out, I'm sure both of these things can be sorted in a short amount of time, or are you desperately trying to lose future customers?
no need to be rude. Aune's m1 line philosophy here has always been - uncompromised sound and barebones user experience.
You guys have been told that LO equals max volume.
And that this is a single use case device. It's not made for use with a car or with speakers.
If you need a have it all machine - you're free to go and get totl 1k+ daps, but the caveat is that they will hardly beat this $400 dap in sound quality.

Dec 16, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #233 of 485
no need to be rude. Aune's m1 line philosophy here has always been - uncompromised sound and barebones user experience.
You guys have been told that LO equals max volume.
And that this is a single use case device. It's not made for use with a car or with speakers.
If you need a have it all machine - you're free to go and get totl 1k+ daps, but the caveat is that they will hardly beat this $400 dap in sound quality.
My last message 10 days ago was ignored so I thought I'd try being a twat about it in order to elicit a response but you're probably right.

I don't actually care about the line out.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #234 of 485
I do :)

Dec 17, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #238 of 485
M1P is truly an audiophile player but way more affordable compare to AK, Looto, etc but with some shortfalls. My Christmas wish lists for the M1P are:

1. Make scanning files manual. We do not always change the sd card. If you have a 1tb probably very rarely.
2. True gapless playback. It’s 2023. Even my cheap Hiby and Hidizs can do gapless.
3. Add support for .m3u playlist.
4. Remove the “no device“ during boot up. It’s annoying.
5. Add EQ. Not all iems/headphones are tuned the same.
6. Allow pause/play when screen is off. Rew, ff, volume are already activated with the screen off.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #239 of 485
M1P is truly an audiophile player but way more affordable compare to AK, Looto, etc but with some shortfalls. My Christmas wish lists for the M1P are:

1. Make scanning files manual. We do not always change the sd card. If you have a 1tb probably very rarely.
2. True gapless playback. It’s 2023. Even my cheap Hiby and Hidizs can do gapless.
6. Allow pause/play when screen is off. Rew, ff, volume are already activated with the screen off.
More subtil than EQ (I am against this devastating feature 😅) : digital filters 😉

Already here and really effective 👍

Personal choice (with my Ringo's) : LF (the most neutral).

But it could be different with other stuffs. For instance, my Fh9's prefer a more "analogue" approach. Then minimal phase filtering is a good option.

Etc 👌

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #240 of 485

1.agree
2.agree
3.very much agree considering favorite tracks is limited to about 400
4.dont care
5.disagree ruins the barebones nature
6.agree
7.adding proper line out
8.increasing file character length. some of my tracks dont show up because they have long file names. none of my other players have this problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back