Aune M1P
Apr 30, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #32 of 453
I have my music sorted on all SD cards by genre and sometimes then a month/year or specific occasion, for example I might drop a few albums I want to listen to on holidays into a new folder such as ‘Italy 2023’ etc. I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years! Anyway, I can browse these folders on the M1p, albeit maybe not in the order they are saved on the card, but I can live with that - the bigger issue is when I go into a folder of an album I want to play, it won’t play in the correct sequence in terms of tracks, this is incredibly frustrating - I cannot for the life of me understand the order in which it chooses to play the files!

In spite of this, I’m still enjoying but it really does come with a huge warning to anyone considering buying!
Hum, perhaps it is about the number order sequence 🤔

Have you tried 01, 02, (...), 012 (or 12 maybe ? See below 👇) for instance?

As I remember, the system takes into account the first digit (for example 0, 1...) to classify the reading tracks order.

So for example, ”11” (12, 13...) in the list will be read before ”2”...

I'd have to check that out, but it seems to me that's how it works.

On the other hand, you are not without knowing it in shuffle mode ? Strange.... 🤔

Because with my m1s, apart from this question of "the first digit", the tracks, if they are (correctly, see above ☝️) numbered, are indeed read in the order of the list.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #33 of 453
Hum, perhaps it is about the number order sequence 🤔

Have you tried 01, 02, (...), 012 (or 12 maybe ? See below 👇) for instance?

As I remember, the system takes into account the first digit (for example 0, 1...) to classify the reading tracks order.

So for example, ”11” (12, 13...) in the list will be read before ”2”...

I'd have to check that out, but it seems to me that's how it works.

On the other hand, you are not without knowing it in shuffle mode ? Strange.... 🤔

Because with my m1s, apart from this question of "the first digit", the tracks, if they are (correctly, see above ☝️) numbered, are indeed read in the order of the list.

Yes I tried naming tracks with 00, 01, 02 etc but it didn’t work. Definitely not on shuffle mode either - very strange! I’ll try again today, and I’ll see if I can get it to connect with Bluetooth to my phone.

Apr 30, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #34 of 453
Update - looks like I’ve solved it. I think numbering works but with a full stop after each number, or by adding an extra zero in front, 001, 002, 003 etc. I’ll have to buy a tag editor and rename everything on the card. Looking forward to just enjoying this DAP now!

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

Apr 30, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #35 of 453
Ok, as I said 😉

Apr 30, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #37 of 453
Wonderful and so simple lol 😆😄😅😇😉

Apr 30, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #40 of 453
Ignoring all metadata?

Aune, can we suppose that firmware updates will address file sorting? Your x5s recognises tags, like track number, doesn't it?

May 8, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #43 of 453
Purple time 💜

😇😋

May 13, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #45 of 453
Still waiting for more impressions on this.. anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back