Aune M1P
Jun 30, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #76 of 482
So apodizing filter (LA filter) = the best overall (for me and my gears).

HF second cause less extended, less air, less separation and less refined. But a little more warm and meaty than other filters, LA including (not by far).

Will see with time, but it seems right to claim that, according to my ears 🎉

Not night and day differences but it's noticeable.

Gears :

Aure Audio "Ringo"
"Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L tips
EA "Ares S Founders Edition. Balanced 4.4mm.

Only 16/44.1 wav files.
You have bat ears man, getting excited about the changes of the filters that make yes and no the 0.05% of the final result seems exaggerated to me.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #77 of 482
You have bat ears man, getting excited about the changes of the filters that make yes and no the 0.05% of the final result seems exaggerated to me.
I am the Batman yeah 😎👍😉

One advice : stay away from slow roll off filters 😇

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #79 of 482
I usually use fast minimum phase filters on my DACs
You are right. That's what I think. 👍

One night later, two main contenders for my crown :

- Linear Fast Filter : the more accurate (it was the same situation with the M1s) : transparency ; it's very changeable and it fits the tracks. But the king is naked. With the best tracks, it's just perfect. With the less than perfect tracks, it is less than perfect. 😁 Default filter (same). Bravo Aune 👍
- Apodized Linear Fast Filter : less accurate and transparent but a little more "pleasant" : a little more "meaty" and "radiant", even "saturated" (timbres and tones). But, sometimes if it is wonderful, sometimes it is not so much. But not for the same reasons listed above. Cause there is a faint coloration. It doesn't fit me ... 🤔

So I have chosen the truth. 😇

It was possible because :

- I have really trained ears (but I am a human being 😅)
- With solid and well known (natural and accurate) references (must try : Vor Der Flut ; pretty unique, fully natural and extreme reverb cues for instance... Some Reference Recordings tracks too, https://referencerecordings.com/ for instance, etc). I specify that I listen to all types of musics, black metal included 😇.
- I am using some very accurate gears (Aure Ringo's) : every criteria.

Everyone has to make their own opinion.

And if you (general term 😉) don't hear anything, don't insist and set up the Sharp Linear Filter by default.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #81 of 482
Any considerations about the battery life and the heating experienced by other users?
Battery life : All day yesterday. recharge in the evening, during a (very good) movie (I see you: highly recommended). 🥰😎👍

About 8h I guess. Basically, the same as my old M1s.

16/44.1 wav files only. Volume 43 (72 max). It is not a quiet listening volume at all (= 92 out of 100, low gain, for the M1p, all thinks being equal). Screen light at one (minimum).

It heats up, quickly (which is quite a good thing because it quickly reaches its cruising temperature), but nothing special.

The shell gets warm but never hot.

And with fresh ears : LF filter adopted (which is the default filter, fast and linear). 👍

From now on : burn in.

But it is already exceptional about transparency, refinement but strong and explosive power, deep silence, dynamics, transients, balance, accuracy ....

Easy in one word. 😎🤟

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #82 of 482
Battery life : All day yesterday. recharge in the evening, during a (very good) movie (I see you: highly recommended). 🥰😎👍

About 8h I guess. Basically, the same as my old M1s.

16/44.1 wav files only. Volume 43 (72 max). It is not a quiet listening volume at all (= 92 out of 100, low gain, for the M1p, all thinks being equal). Screen light at one (minimum).

It heats up, quickly (which is quite a good thing because it quickly reaches its cruising temperature), but nothing special.

The shell gets warm but never hot.

And with fresh ears : LF filter adopted (which is the default filter, fast and linear). 👍

From now on : burn in.

But it is already exceptional about transparency, refinement but strong and explosive power, deep silence, dynamics, transients, balance, accuracy ....

Easy in one word. 😎🤟
Do you have particularly sensitive low impedance IEMs with which to test this?
I'd be curious to know how it would fare with my Andromeda 2020

Jul 1, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #83 of 482
Do you have particularly sensitive low impedance IEMs with which to test this?
I'd be curious to know how it would fare with my Andromeda 2020
If it's like my M1s, dead quiet.

It was the same with my Zeus Xra, which are by far the very most sensitive items I have ever owned or listened to (even more sensitive than the Shure 846 !!! And the Andro's as you have already understood : a real pain in the neck and a real challenge 😴).

They were hissing with 100% of the daps (every prices, every brands : noise vacuum 😁) except two :

- ibasso Dx90
- Aune M1s

I presume the M1p can achieve the same feat of strength but I have no longer in my hands nor the Andromeda's (mine were OG version, v2) or the Zeus Xra's.

But in direct comparison, all things being equal, the M1p, if possible (and it's possible ! Incredible 😅), is a cleanest version of the M1s..., so ... I presume. 🤔

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #84 of 482
aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Jul 3, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #85 of 482
Hey, sorry for the bad experience... and thanks for your love!:) About the browsing sequence, we have a new firmware. Please try this one: http://aune.hifidiy.net/aune_en/M1p/aune_m1p_1.061.zip Hope it helps!

And indeed the power consumption is not much less when it's not playing music, as it's still working. Please turn it off when you don't use it, or set the auto-poweroff.:)

Oh thanks, I did actually miss this reply. I’ll check the firmware today. Good to know the heating isn’t a fault!

Jul 3, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #86 of 482
Jul 4, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #87 of 482
My personal endgame :

PXL_20230704_082607782~2.jpg

Jul 4, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #89 of 482
This one is an ESS DAC. Almost every DAP is lately.

You might consider the Acmee MF02s, or its updated/refined version, the MF02s PE.

Jul 5, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #90 of 482
Yes, ESS inside.

Hence the seven filter reconstruction types.

And if you are looking for a "romantic sound", or sort of... As Gandalf (the grey) has been said, at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm :

"Run ! You fools" 😇😅

More seriously (but it was serious), if you are searching for ultimate transparency, balance, cleanliness, colourless sound or sort of...

"This is it". 😎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back