Aune B1 Impressions thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #181 of 315
Hi-Fi'er: Straight from Aune
wink_face.gif

BTW, my contact at Aune told me the B1 2016 Version should be in retail channels now.

Thank you for replying. Ok they are in China, I prefer not to provide my card info to overseas, and pay MSRP also. Is there a dealer in the US? 

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #186 of 315
Hi-Fi'er:

That's good to know. Makes sense that they're selling the old ones off cheap to make room for the new ones. Must've been a miscommunication with the Aune rep I was chatting with.

So now you've got a choice... Buy the old one, put a dot on the volume knob yourself and put up with the higher output impedance, higher Low Gain, and slightly worse channel imbalance OR wait for the new one.

If you're using a DAP with variable LO, that basically solves the high Low Gain and channel imbalance issues. However, you're still stuck with 10 Ohm output impedance. Depending on your gear, none of these may even be issues.

So whatcha gonna do???

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #187 of 315
Hi-Fi'er:

That's good to know. Makes sense that they're selling the old ones off cheap to make room for the new ones. Must've been a miscommunication with the Aune rep I was chatting with.

So now you've got a choice... Buy the old one, put a dot on the volume knob yourself and put up with the higher output impedance, higher Low Gain, and slightly worse channel imbalance OR wait for the new one.

If you're using a DAP with variable LO, that basically solves the high Low Gain and channel imbalance issues. However, you're still stuck with 10 Ohm output impedance. Depending on your gear, none of these may even be issues.

So whatcha gonna do???

I understand the new one is better for IEM's. I do use both but lately IEM's are just more easier for on the go for me. The 2016 version is more flexible as I don't use a DAP often just my LG Optimus G Pro phone using JetAudio plus, which is an amazing player. Just the EQ on this app is amazing, 24 levels and plus other audio adjustments.

With the EQ I can easily adjust any type of music to all my headphones when it's either a bad harsh recording or it's a great recording but the headphones retrieve with high simbilance. So with that said, I will wait for the 2016 version even though it may cost more, will wait and see if that is actually going to be true, and if not I will wait a bit till the price gets close to 139.00 then take the plunge. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #189 of 315
Alright, guys. Here's the deal. I've seen quite bit of interest in the B1 2016 Version since my review came out, so I chatted-up their US distributor (Ingenious Ingenuity) and got them to list the 2016 Version for pre-order. It should be in stock on December 21st. There's even a 10% off coupon for the holidays to make the price even better (HoHoHo)!

Head on over here: LINK.

Original is on a close-out special for $140 ($126 with coupon)

2016 Version is $200 ($180 with coupon)

Good deal for either, IMHO!

Merry Christmas!!!
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #191 of 315
  Awesome. Order placed. Thank you!

There are two versions on the page, one is the 2015 version and the other is the newer 2016 version.  Make sure you selected the 2016 version if you plan on ever using this with lower impedance headphones or iems.  If you purchased the $140 one, that's the old version.  Just making sure you didn't buy the wrong version.

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #192 of 315
  There are two versions on the page, one is the 2015 version and the other is the newer 2016 version.  Make sure you selected the 2016 version if you plan on ever using this with lower impedance headphones or iems.  If you purchased the $140 one, that's the old version.  Just making sure you didn't buy the wrong version.

I knew the difference, thank you. I was waiting for the 2016 version for a while and wanted is specifically for IEM's. Thank you. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #193 of 315
Hi-Fi'er:

So whatcha gonna do???

What about using it with zx2 EU / z7? will the old one do the job? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back