Aune B1 Impressions thread
Sep 28, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #151 of 315
I don't have a problem with the power for iems, the only issue for me is output impedance, has this been improved?

And will owners of Rev-A be able to do some kind of swap or major discount for a Rev-B?

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #153 of 315
I don't have a problem with the power for iems, the only issue for me is output impedance, has this been improved?

And will owners of Rev-A be able to do some kind of swap or major discount for a Rev-B?

What @nmatheis said... I really don't know anything other than the fact that this is an update. No spec, no pics... have been told it'll come this week. Am going to guess there's no exchange program... but there's no harm in asking...

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #154 of 315
something for the weekend
dt880smile.png

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #155 of 315
I just ordered on from Amazon because of this "If you’re an HD650 type, you will really like the sound signature of the B1."
The price is really great now, only $140 with prime shipping.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #156 of 315
Just listening to the B1 connected to my Shandling M3 with Beyer T90 headphones and this combo is very musical, revealing without being clinical. Most enjoyable and highly recommended if anyone has access to a similar combo. Cheers.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #158 of 315
Aby other news about MK.2?

Out for delivery today. Should have it by evening. Not even sure yet whether it's the same form factor with minor internal tweaks, or if more extensive changes have been made. More later.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #160 of 315
Aby other news about MK.2?

Is it called b2?:grinning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrived a few minutes ago. Looks identical, and still called the B1. Will try it out at home later to see how differently it operates with IEM, but it seems the same otherwise (perhaps buttons are sturdier... will check that too). Am guessing they've just reduced output on low gain.

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #161 of 315
So, got the B1 home and compared. Units are identical to each other (including buttons), with the exception that on the new model, the volume pot is thankfully MARKED with a little white dot, though there's no scale. Almost impossible to tell these apart... thank goodness for the dot!

Minimum on the pot is at 8 o'clock and maximum at 6 o'clock. Marked the older model with a marker (barely visible). Tested briefly (and non scientifically) via the FLC 8S (Impedance = 11 Ohm, Sensitivity = 93 dB/mW). On the older model B1, volume was more than adequate at 9 o'clock (so not a lot of play from minimum). On the new model, I got similar volume at 10 o'clock. So that's an improvement. Will do a more thorough comparison in a few days, once I'm done with some reviews of other gear. More to come.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #162 of 315
  So, got the B1 home and compared. Units are identical to each other (including buttons), with the exception that on the new model, the volume pot is thankfully MARKED with a little white dot, though there's no scale. Almost impossible to tell these apart... thank goodness for the dot!

Minimum on the pot is at 8 o'clock and maximum at 6 o'clock. Marked the older model with a marker (barely visible). Tested briefly (and non scientifically) via the FLC 8S (Impedance = 11 Ohm, Sensitivity = 93 dB/mW). On the older model B1, volume was more than adequate at 9 o'clock (so not a lot of play from minimum). On the new model, I got similar volume at 10 o'clock. So that's an improvement. Will do a more thorough comparison in a few days, once I'm done with some reviews of other gear. More to come.

that is a good improvement. for some of my really sensitive IEMs, really playing at really low side of the volume pot. sounds like well-thought of improvements. a marking dot is very welcome change as well!

look forward to see if you can hear any differences when blinded & volume matched. =P

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #163 of 315

To be honest I didn't read whole thread but since I own FLC8 by myself my question is - are there any problems with matching B1 mk1 with FLC8?

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #165 of 315
To be honest I didn't read whole thread but since I own FLC8 by myself my question is - are there any problems with matching B1 mk1 with FLC8?

Sound was fine, but you have very little play on the volume pot for fine adjustments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back