Auditioned Sennheiser HD-26 PRO
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #76 of 141

I am greedy to try this when he said that this lean towards HD 6xx sounding..****, Must try this.

Not uninteresting indeed. Someone review these already!
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #77 of 141
Don't worry I'm only poking fun
tongue.gif

I do acknowledge the importance of aesthetics though, going out in public looking like an absolute idiot isn't the most intelligent act after all.

You won't look like "an idiot" with headphones that nearly convey as much of a "serious, humorless business" impression as HD25-x.
If anything, I think Sennheiser should have strayed just a little farther and added a pinch more style to HD26pro.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #78 of 141
I was talking about wearing something like the PSB M4U in public. Sounds good sure but you look somewhat like that guy in starwars with the computer thing strapped to his head:

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #79 of 141
But he looks so cool!  D=

I also don't see the connection.  If anything, that Star Wars guy is closer to someone wearing a BB500 or XS7.
Edit: typo

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #80 of 141
It was just a radical joking comparison bring across my point of view in a jesting manner :p 

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #81 of 141
I think that Sennheiser HD25 and 26 is more towards pro gear and business line. Style is a personal issue, i personally love the look of all Sennheiser headphones, but I do not want my headphone to look flashy or too stylish that people will start to think tat my headphone is expensive, because I want safety when Using my headphone, You know I will get robbed or killed if I am using Beats headphone on the street or train. its relative, personally i think Sennheiser should stay on their own track.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #83 of 141
Interesting to read Jude's impressions. I found the Amperior to be more punchy/forward sounding than the HD-25 so based on his words HD-26 comes in third in that regard. Not sure if it floats me boat.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #87 of 141
Hello all

This is my first post here.

The HD 25 1 ii has been my primary portable headphone for 10 years. I have tried many other headphones but always find myself returning to the HD 25 for portability, sound quality and ruggedness.

Last week I bought the HD 26 Pro and to my ears, they are definitely a step up in sound quality. I find them to sound at least as detailed but less in your face. Somehow Sennheiser has managed to retain the dynamic and clear sound quality of the HD 25's while cleaning up some graininess and peakiness, making the HD 26 Pro sound cleaner, more spacious and relaxed.

I don't think the HD 26 Pro is quite as indestructibly built as the HD 25 (time will tell) and I prefer the angled plug on the HD 25 cable for portable use. In all other areas I think the HD 26 Pro improves on the already excellent HD 25:

Comfort and isolation is better because of the softer ear pads, the cable is more flexible and transmits much less mechanical noise and the sound quality is improved and less fatiguing.

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #89 of 141
  Hello all

This is my first post here.

The HD 25 1 ii has been my primary portable headphone for 10 years. I have tried many other headphones but always find myself returning to the HD 25 for portability, sound quality and ruggedness.

Last week I bought the HD 26 Pro and to my ears, they are definitely a step up in sound quality. I find them to sound at least as detailed but less in your face. Somehow Sennheiser has managed to retain the dynamic and clear sound quality of the HD 25's while cleaning up some graininess and peakiness, making the HD 26 Pro sound cleaner, more spacious and relaxed.

I don't think the HD 26 Pro is quite as indestructibly built as the HD 25 (time will tell) and I prefer the angled plug on the HD 25 cable for portable use. In all other areas I think the HD 26 Pro improves on the already excellent HD 25:

Comfort and isolation is better because of the softer ear pads, the cable is more flexible and transmits much less mechanical noise and the sound quality is improved and less fatiguing.

Hey Anda71 welcome. Thanks for your impression. How many hours have you got on your HD26 ? Is the sound signature stable already?

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #90 of 141
I've got about 15 hours on them at moderate level so they are not completely burnt in yet.

If they are anything like most headphones I have had, I expect the mids and highs to open up a bit and the bottom to tighten up a bit as the moving parts soften. I also expect my brain to adjust to their sound over time.

I'll give an update when I reach the 100 hour mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back