Auditioned Sennheiser HD-26 PRO
Jun 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #18 of 141
So, seems they are coming to German stores beginning of next month. Price is set at 259 Euros. http://www.thomann.de/de/sennheiser_hd_26_pro.htm

Preorded a pair! :)

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #20 of 141
Same here.  But it will take longer to get the States, right?
Me and my popcorn will be waiting.
popcorn.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 141
Has anyone had a chance to try these properly (i.e. not at a show) yet?

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #25 of 141
I'm ready for new cans and eagerly waiting to hear more on the HD26 pros, I gave my HD448s to my daughter who's off to grad school and I've been using my old Senn HP25BA and a pair of dare I say Bose OE2s :)
What concerns me is sennheiser's info page staying they are great for " radio and television broadcast productions"? I use my headphones for 90% music using my Galaxy S4/Asus tablet and I'm worried the new HD26 pros may not be quite right for my needs.. I personally like Crystal clear highs, great mids and solid tight bass..

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #26 of 141
Quote:
I'm ready for new cans and eagerly waiting to hear more on the HD26 pros, I gave my HD448s to my daughter who's off to grad school and I've been using my old Senn HP25BA and a pair of dare I say Bose OE2s
smily_headphones1.gif

What concerns me is sennheiser's info page staying they are great for " radio and television broadcast productions"? I use my headphones for 90% music using my Galaxy S4/Asus tablet and I'm worried the new HD26 pros may not be quite right for my needs.. I personally like Crystal clear highs, great mids and solid tight bass..

They're probably a lot like HD25 to some extent, in other words.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #28 of 141
Quote:
Yea, with a bit more highs. Slightly (maybe) cleaner sounding.

Still waiting for mine to arrive.

That's EXACTLY what I'm hoping, I feel the 25BA are just not there when it comes to good clean highs.. Soundstage could be improved also.. Sadly the reviews on the Momentums I've read seems to lend they suffer from the same personal drawback as the 25BAs, going to take a ride to my local BB and hopefully they will have a pair of Momentums to listen for myself..

Update: No Momentums at my local BB, not surprised.. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 141
Quote:
I can't understand a word, but here is a short video review of the exact headphones I tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tZ3V6edxs

He basically says:

Quote:
"Professional headphones for uncompromising professional monitoring, I can imagine them being used in professional and home studios as well as by DJs. The capsule housing is bigger and deeper to provide wider frequency range and truer, purer sound.
A special feature that the HD26 has is a built-in limiter to reduce the headphones' SPL from 128 to 105db. The limiter can be switched on and off by opening on of the capsules (to access it).
An other feature is the special cable that curls in the sensitive entry point to the capsule to allow maximum flexibility. The rest of the cable is straight for convenience. The cable also prevents microphoning and interference when it touches objects while the headphones are being used.
The springy duel-headband which is already the HD25's trademark is designed for maximum comfort. We did try them on and they are very comfortable.
Further details such as release date and pricing will be announced in the future and they will be available at Kilombo in Israel."

I already own a pair of 25-1 II's, and from what I've read so far I don't think the differences in sound between the 25's and 26's will justify buying a whole new set of headphones for the sake of upgrading. I'm definitely going to give them a listen when I get the chance though.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #30 of 141
Nevermind upgrading, I gotta fight the urge to acquire for the sake of collecting
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back