Audirvana Plus 2.0
Mar 30, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #76 of 81
  I just installed Audirvana 3 (upgrade from version 2). I am not very happy with it. It changes the sound for my system pretty clearly to the worse: more analytic and flatter sound. I changed back to the latest version 2 update. I hope there will be some support of version 2 for the future.

I use flac (no MQA tested). The DAC is a Schiit Gungnir MB.

Anyone else who has an opinion about how A+3 compares to A+2 soundwise?

Difficult to say unless you have two versions side by side, but I had that exact feeling too. I was trying to search in the settings if there are some new changes which could affect the sound. Anyway it's too much work to go back and forth between the versions, I'll stick for now with A+3 in the hope for some updates.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #77 of 81

Difficult to say unless you have two versions side by side, but I had that exact feeling too. I was trying to search in the settings if there are some new changes which could affect the sound. Anyway it's too much work to go back and forth between the versions, I'll stick for now with A+3 in the hope for some updates.

Thank you for sharing. Yes, I indeed have both versions installed and switched back and forth. I also thought about A+3 updates and that they might improve the sound in the future. However, so far A+2 is my reference.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #78 of 81
  I just installed Audirvana 3 (upgrade from version 2). I am not very happy with it. It changes the sound for my system pretty clearly to the worse: more analytic and flatter sound. I changed back to the latest version 2 update. I hope there will be some support of version 2 for the future.

I use flac (no MQA tested). The DAC is a Schiit Gungnir MB.

Anyone else who has an opinion about how A+3 compares to A+2 soundwise?

Are you upsampling in A+ or sending the original bitrate to the DAC and letting the upsample to the megaburrito filter? If yes to the later would you say it is just because of the "improvement" in computer management?

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #79 of 81

Are you upsampling in A+ or sending the original bitrate to the DAC and letting the upsample to the megaburrito filter? If yes to the later would you say it is just because of the "improvement" in computer management?

I am not up-sampling, I am using A+ in integer mode 1 with everything additional switched of (up-sampling, filters, etc.). I did not mention that I use a Wyrd and an external USB to SPDIF converter (Singxer F1) before entering the Gumby. With USB direct I had the impression that the SQ was depending on the computer source (Mac Mini vs. MacBook Pro, use of the computer).

Now I think the Singxer F1 isolates the Gumby from those effects. I just started playing with real time filtering via Dirac Live (which uses additional CPU) and the results are very good.

Mac Mini / flac -> Audirvana -> Dirac Live -> Wyrd -> Singxer F1 -> Gumby

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #80 of 81

I am not up-sampling, I am using A+ in integer mode 1 with everything additional switched of (up-sampling, filters, etc.). I did not mention that I use a Wyrd and an external USB to SPDIF converter (Singxer F1) before entering the Gumby. With USB direct I had the impression that the SQ was depending on the computer source (Mac Mini vs. MacBook Pro, use of the computer).

Now I think the Singxer F1 isolates the Gumby from those effects. I just started playing with real time filtering via Dirac Live (which uses additional CPU) and the results are very good.

Mac Mini / flac -> Audirvana -> Dirac Live -> Wyrd -> Singxer F1 -> Gumby

Ok, now after some listening I am not convinced that Dirac Live helps my system. I think I still prefer A+2 over everything else.

Apr 17, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #81 of 81
Is anyone having issues with displaying the full view of an audiounit?

I'm currently using DMG Audio Equilibrium and cannot see the menubar at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back