AudioValve Solaris universal amp
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #16 of 104
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #18 of 104
Another very positive review. By the way, the more I use my Solaris the more I am convinced it is the end-game amp I've been looking for. I plan to keep it until I or it dies - and if it goes first I am certain I can get it repaired. :)

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #19 of 104
For all my American friends (I hope I have some) there is a " special visitor coupon" on our website ( www.audiovalve.info ) as a popup window with a really good discount, only condition - you bring the paper doc (your email copy) with you to NYC on the canjam 2020 table AudioValve. See you in 3 weeks and don't forget your headphone :wink: Look for this wall banner and ask for Helmut ...

banner%20canjam%202020%20comp.jpg

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #20 of 104
Just a question about the 6 pin Stax plug in. In current market, all Stax headphones have 5 pin plug while the Solaris contains 6 pin Stax plug in. Is there any issue to plug in current Stax 5 pin headphone to the 6 pin plug in of Solaris?

My great gratitude!

Sincerel!

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 104
Just a question about the 6 pin Stax plug in. In current market, all Stax headphones have 5 pin plug while the Solaris contains 6 pin Stax plug in. Is there any issue to plug in current Stax 5 pin headphone to the 6 pin plug in of Solaris?

My great gratitude!

Sincerel!
None in my setup. :)

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #23 of 104
What do you mean? Do you mean you don’t have Stax headphone or you don’t have Stax plug in or you don’t have Solaris?
Sorry. I mean my 5-pin Stax-pro bias MrSpeakers Voce electrostatic headphones work perfectly with my Solaris amplifier. The center pin on the Solaris jack is not needed.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #24 of 104
I'd like just to post a few thoughts about my experience with the AUDIOVALVE SOLARIS. All what I will right is my opinion and worth only as my opinion. I'm an audiophile music lover and not a technician, and I apologize for any non-correct info I might write. I started with a LUMINARE, but got a good deal with MR. Helmut Becker for an upgrade to the SOLARIS. By the way, Mr. Becker (owner and creator of AudioValve is a fantastic person, giving me all the info I was needing for the last months).
I'm currently using 3 phones: Abyss 1266, Stax 009, and oBravo Ra C Cu. 3 different kind of experiences to use along with my current mood.
- Stax 009 is a truthful headphone: pure and raw reveal of what you are playing; delightful sound from the Solaris, but .... maybe needing more deepness into Mids and Lows - of course some EQ "fix" this and so I do it; enough power to listen to moderate levels (as I always do) to appreciate the little micro details that the 009 gives me; IMO 009 with tube Amp is a sure go
- Abyss 1266 is a "beast" when properly driven ! A truly beast ! I use a special hand made cable by INVICTUS CABLE (Italy) the Emiliano used a Pure Neotech Silver conductor with a cryogenic treatment to both conductor and connectors (after a 200 hours burn-in, the sound is sublime and a lot more refined in all aspects against the stock cable); use it with a Furutech 4 pin XLR via OTL mode in High Gain - here I can here a little more open sound than using Normal Gain; sound speaking, I feel these Headphones as a great performer, with a natural sounding tone, layered Sub Bass, Detailed Mids, Crazy good Highs with zero hiss or harshness, and a brutal wide open Soundstage; a major downside for me is its weight, although fitting is perfect to my head
- Last but not least, my "lovely" oBravo Ra C Cu; these are a peculiar IEM's due to a sensitivity of 93dB and 182Ohm's impedance; hard to drive IEM not because of Power but because of getting the "best" balance between power and tone (I can't get the right words here, but I hope you understand this feeling); I have 2 different cables to use with it: a hand made cable by INVICTUS CABLE with Silver/Gold Neotech 7N with cryogenic treatment and a balanced 4.4 Furutech gold jack; and a 2 Mts. ROMI AUDIO Sensation cable with pure silver conductor and pure copper shield, using dual Neutrik XLR outputs; I don't have any connection with Stymax (oBravo) only as a Client, but honestly speaking these are for sure a work of Art ! Crazy detailed and expanded soundstage, with a perfect imaging placing instruments on your head as if you were ate the Hall/Studio/Theatre, fantastic creamy layered Sub Bass and Bass, the best Mids I hear so far, excellent detailed Highs - a truly 3D experience I can have with a IEM (or even almost all Headphones I have experienced); 2 major downsides: crazy expensive and can't be use portable with their best performance.
I use SOLARIS on a daily basis as my evening/night relaxing routine. I hear a lot of genres, mainly to appreciate the details and trying to feel the music and what the singer is trying to express. Honestly I couldn't do this with all my previous gear because I hadn't this kind of (perfect) balance to my tastes; I had stronger Amps, weaker Amps, SS Amps, all for Headphones purpose, but not a "Swiss Army" Amp (that I haven't yet tested all the options - Phono and Speakers).
AudioValve naive DAC is really very good (I had it at the LUMINARE), but I decided to buy the SOLARIS without that option as I already have several DAC's to use with it that I prefer.
All these opinions about Headphones/IEM are all from the SOLARIS. Great organic natural tone, layered Sub Bass, lively extra wide soundstage, fantastic detailed rounded Highs, and specially a kind of Power that I couldn't get any gear I tried with it to distort anything ! This is really amazing. A lot of inputs (XLR and RCA) and even Pre-Out option, several Headphones outputs and Speakers outputs. All of these points built with a great quality, very tight and well designed.
In Sum, this was one of the best buys I ever made and zero regrets ! It's a beast (in the best Audiophile way), it's gorgeous, it's fantastically hand made with precision German touch (!), and (this one) is mine :relaxed:
I try to get close (as possible) to the people that sell me or advise me on gear, so my great Thanks to Emiliano (Invictus cable), Johnny (Romi Audio), Vance (MyHeadFi), Phil (Audio Concierge), and Helmut Becker (AudioValve). I spend money but I'm HAPPY with what it gives me.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #26 of 104
Solaris and RKV3 are basically identical amplifiers, but twice as powerful as luminaries. We switched to a different tube type 3 years ago from PCL805 to ECL65 / 6F5P.

The PCL 805 tube was no longer available worldwide and ECL85 has been able to secure many thousands of pieces for us.

So today, the performance data are slightly higher in comparison to the models before 2015.

Luminare has 2 x ECl85 per channel and delivers about 8 watts per channel. The two larger products bring have 12 watts per channel.

Since the chassis of Solaris and RKV 3 are almost identical except for the STAX function, it can be assumed that both sound the same.

Overall, the larger amplifiers are sovereign, because they have more reserves.

We still have some sources of information about Luminare, Solaris and RKV 3 available for you to visit.

They are partly German, partly written in English and give impressions from other users.

: https://audiovalveforum.de/upload/forum/

and a big german forum

https://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=225
I have made two short YouTube video of Audiovalve Solaris in that I’m extremely grateful to Mr. Becker and his company, after I received my Solaris yesterday. This luxurious piece of art will be my company to help me through this dark time:
Unbox:

My favorite functionalities:

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #28 of 104
I have been listening Solaris for two weeks, mating with RME adi dac and all the headphones as well as earphones. To me, Stax limited300 and Sennheiser IE800 sound best through Solaris. It made my Stax limited 300 sounds so detailed with micro and macro details. It reminds me of Warwick Acoustic 26000 USD electrostatic flagship. For interconnection, I prefer my Dana RCA to my benchmark XLR cables. I found myself prefer Stax mode in that it is more linear with a bigger soundstage. Dunu Luna sounds ok with Solaris too. I’m sure if I love my Susvara, and RHA CL2 through Solaris compared to other alternatives.

Now I’m thinking if it worth the money to upgrade my Stax limited300 to 009 or 009s. I love the warmth and bass of limited300, so I don’t know if 009 and/or 009s could offer similar but better sound.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #29 of 104
Now I’m thinking if it worth the money to upgrade my Stax limited300 to 009 or 009s. I love the warmth and bass of limited300, so I don’t know if 009 and/or 009s could offer similar but better sound.
I chose Dan Clark Audio Voce electrostatics over Stax 009's primarily because the Voce had much better bass and overall tonality - to my ears, and through the Solaris. If you can audition them I recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back