AudioValve Solaris universal amp
Jun 14, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #92 of 104
So if I understand this amp correctly, one can use it to drive AB-1266 and Susvara, next to some electrostats like 009 and 007? Are there any other amps that can do the same? I am thinking of adding an amplifier to my Bartok so that I can upgrade it down the line to Rossini (which does not have a headphone amp), and currently I am happy with AB-1266, but who knows what this hobby will do to me in case I start looking around for a different headphone. Having one amp that can do it all would be nice. Currently considering Woo Audio WA33 (unsure which version) and Riviera AIC-10 (or AFC-10). Anyone heard it all and can tell me their opinion? Thank you

Jun 14, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #93 of 104
So if I understand this amp correctly, one can use it to drive AB-1266 and Susvara, next to some electrostats like 009 and 007? Are there any other amps that can do the same? I am thinking of adding an amplifier to my Bartok so that I can upgrade it down the line to Rossini (which does not have a headphone amp), and currently I am happy with AB-1266, but who knows what this hobby will do to me in case I start looking around for a different headphone. Having one amp that can do it all would be nice. Currently considering Woo Audio WA33 (unsure which version) and Riviera AIC-10 (or AFC-10). Anyone heard it all and can tell me their opinion? Thank you
Other amps that are similar are Ifi pro ican + Ifi pro iesl, Malvalve headamp three and Paltauf KHV-ESD.

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #94 of 104
LTA Z10e is another all in one. LTA Z10e

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #95 of 104
I recently compared this amp at home against Viva Egoista 2A3 with my friends and we found out that Viva is much better - more dynamic. more resolution, more energy ect. but Solaris also very very good amp.

Attachments

• 2021-06-12 20.16.09.jpg
    2021-06-12 20.16.09.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2021-06-12 21.39.13.jpg
    2021-06-12 21.39.13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2021-06-12 18.21.30.jpg
    2021-06-12 18.21.30.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 2021-06-12 17.51.21.jpg
    2021-06-12 17.51.21.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jun 19, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #96 of 104
I wonder if anyone has anything on the following with regards to the Solaris:

(1) How good is its optional internal DAC? (there seems to be literally no info or review by anyone on that option - convenience factor is obvious, and I wonder how well the synergy works vs. external DAC options)

(2) How does it compare with the Linear Tube Audio MZ3?

Thanks for any advice..

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #97 of 104
Have you considered the Raal HSA1b? It can drive the Sr1as (ribbon headphones) and traditional headphones.

https://raalrequisite.com/amplifiers/hsa-headphone-speaker-amplifier/

It is $4500. It can drive anything pretty well. I suggest it because the SR1as are so good, and might compliment your TCs nicely.

Jun 20, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #98 of 104
Have you considered the Raal HSA1b? It can drive the Sr1as (ribbon headphones) and traditional headphones.

https://raalrequisite.com/amplifiers/hsa-headphone-speaker-amplifier/

It is $4500. It can drive anything pretty well. I suggest it because the SR1as are so good, and might compliment your TCs nicely.
Thank you for the suggestion. I like the amp and what I read about it. I plan to audition it in a month or two when restrictions allow. But, are there any other ribbon headphones, else than RAAL?

Jun 20, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #99 of 104
Thank you for the suggestion. I like the amp and what I read about it. I plan to audition it in a month or two when restrictions allow. But, are there any other ribbon headphones, else than RAAL?
Not at the moment. So, that’s a good point. The Solaris and Z10e can be used with a lot of different electrostatics

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #101 of 104
jeez I see a few new units still for sale by US distributors. I would imagine you could negotiate a great "deal" but buy at your own risk if there is a failure.

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #102 of 104
Question about Audiovalve Solaris IMP and OTL modes
First of all, I would like to thank in advance anybody that can support me with this question.
I have been using the amplifier in OTL with my Sennheiser HD800S .
Now I have bought a pair of Focal Utopia that I understand should be used in IMP mode.
My question comes because I was told by the salesman that using OTL mode I was risking damage to the headphone in case a valve goes faulty
Can anybody confirm that this is really a risk with this amplifier?
And also, can you agree with my current setting? When I connect the Focal in OTL I hear an increase in noise
Again, thank you for your support
Albert

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #103 of 104
I cannot speak to the valve causing an issue should it go bad. I have not had one go out yet.

The "noise" you are experiencing between the 2 HP's is due to a difference in the impedance between them.

Adjust your gain.

Nov 26, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #104 of 104
I cannot speak to the valve causing an issue should it go bad. I have not had one go out yet.

The "noise" you are experiencing between the 2 HP's is due to a difference in the impedance between them.

Adjust your gain.
Dear tjl5709. Thank you very much for your response and your indication about the hum resolution. Much appreciated. I am a complete ignorant and any support is more than welcomed. Particularly coming from an experienced used.
It would be great when other member of the forum could elaborate on this idea of potential damage risk to a headset when in OTL mode and something goes wrong, like a valve burning off.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back