Is Audiovalve still going?
Sep 10, 2021 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

ThibSan

New Head-Fier
Has anyone been in contact with them since March?
I have bough a second hand solaris there. Unfortunately the amp failed under warranty I returned it against refund.

As Mr Becker was super nice I agreed to wait until the amp is fixed and sold again before getting the refund. The amp was fixed, relisted in the pre-owned section, then disappeared from them. I am guessing it was sold but I am still waiting for the refund and no one at audiovalve is able to help and provide any answer.

Am I in the only one in this situation?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 43
Hmm,
That's not funny.
Normally, the dealer takes the device in payment and pays you.

I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be any information that anything has happened.

It's best to write to him again by email if he doesn't answer, he should be able to speak English.
And ask him about the current state of affairs.

Otherwise, you would have to hire a lawyer in Germany to take legal action.
It would be best if it was someone who lives near Kassel.

I don't know if your legal insurance would cover an assignment abroad.
You would have to clarify this beforehand.
Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to hire a lawyer, especially because things like that are always very slow and expensive here in Germany.

His devices are usually quite sought-after and usually go quickly to a new owner.
Personally, I find him a bit strange. I once asked for a Luminare and the whole conversation turned to Solaris.
Although I only asked for a Luminare and a possible test device.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 43
The german goverment has sealed the production facility due to bankrupcy proceedings.
There are a number of different theory's as to why, nothing verifyable.

Sep 12, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 43
The german goverment has sealed the production facility due to bankrupcy proceedings.
There are a number of different theory's as to why, nothing verifyable.
That is very sad to hear.

Another covid death.

My Solaris is an excellent sounding amp by the way.........

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 43
There is nothing to suggest that Audiovalve has gone bankrupt, nor that anyone has fallen ill with covid and died.

The last post was official in May regarding possible trade fair events.
I would just email or call again and try to clarify this if possible.

Everything else is just wild speculation at the moment.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #9 of 43
From the fingers of Becker directly

audiovalve is closed forever.

I am very sorry.

I would have liked to continue my father's business, but my father's wife, russian wife, wants all the money and so the company is now bankrupt.

thank you for your interest in audiovalve's products.

regards

Becker

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 43
Has Mr Becker died?

The whole thing is a bit strange.
I think it is because 1) he was aiming for retirement and 2) he is no longer competitive due to the crisis and the increased prices for electronics.

It's also a disgrace that people who are still owed money are not paid, as is the case with the topic creator.

I'm still surprised that he still made a post about trade fairs on his page in May.

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #11 of 43
i know of someone that lost a pair of the $25k monoblocks, sending them in for warranty repairs, never to be seen again.

if your audiovalve product fails under warranty, probably a real good idea to get a rma before you ship it back.

there is more discussion and speculation on a german forum.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #12 of 43
There is nothing to suggest that Audiovalve has gone bankrupt, nor that anyone has fallen ill with covid and died.

The last post was official in May regarding possible trade fair events.
I would just email or call again and try to clarify this if possible.
I have been emailing quite frequently.

One person at Audiovalve was somewhat responsive but can't do much despite showing the best will. Another was just good to refer me to a name with a postal address.... Mr Becker seemed to have had some non business related issues and it seems indeed a part of the family is really not helping.

It would be interesting to know what people can do in such a situation or is many others are in the same trouble with audiovalve.
I tried to be nice to a nice "artisan" but I feel quite dumb now.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #13 of 43
Well, the departure and the way it was done are just the lowest drawer, sorry.

The journey from Switzerland to Kassel will probably be in vain.
It depends. Most of the time, when a company goes bankrupt, customers can't do anything.
If the business was closed normally, it looks different again, but it depends on who is registered as the managing director, etc....

If the business belonged to his wife by name and he ran it, she could be sued.
Even if it was a limited liability company (Gmbh) and so on.

You would first have to send 3 written reminders in Germany with deadlines, and then sue him at the district court.
If the court agrees, the bailiff comes and until then everything is very vague.
It's different from Switzerland with a debt collection office.

You should really talk to a lawyer from Germany or a lawyer in Switzerland who is allowed to represent you in Germany.
And ask him who is registered in the central register.

That's the best thing to do when you're talking about a good 2500-4000 Sfr.

If Mr Becker has transferred all his assets to his wife for some reason and he is ill, deceased or similar, then you definitely cannot do anything.
It would be a bad move on his part if he signed everything over to her even though he is still alive.
In that case, the only thing you can do is probably a lengthy civil lawsuit.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #14 of 43
I reached out to the distributer in the Netherlands @ Headphone Auditions Amsterdam. He indicated they are not closed.

Quote: "Audiovalve is by the way not dead. It is a long story, but they are producing, I received amps and all looks much better for the future a people think these days."

Weird......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back