AudioTechnica HA2002 - World's prettiest headphone amplifier? Pics!
Jul 28, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #16 of 65
No, that's probably when it was made/finalized.

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #17 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
No, that's probably when it was made/finalized.

Yep - that makes a lot more sense, as it's written on the AT papers - my brain just isn't working too gud right now. Still, that would make it even more recent! The lacquer must still be drying off
icon10.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #20 of 65
Absoutely gorgeous!

Have you/can you open it up to see what's inside the amp?

Jul 28, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #24 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madcat05
Audiocubes II still has it listed.

Down the bottom of the page it says "Availability
Special order item only. Limited quantity while supply lasts. This product is usually shipped within 7-10 days".

Jul 28, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #25 of 65
didn't notice until now, but the amp is now listed as discontinued on the AT site.

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #27 of 65
jpelg,
Maybe this weekend (with the aid of a few beers) I'll pop open the hood and take some pics. The amp is pretty heavy! I'm pretty interested to see what's in there myself. I need to get a better screwdriver first - would be a shame to mar even the screws on this thing.

kramer,
Yeah, the reflections posed a big problem for taking pics, especially the volume knob and headphone cups which are slightly convex. I did what I could to reduce reflections in the first 2 pics so that you can see the wood grain better - heh, looking into the headphones/knob you can see the big black felt blanket I'm holding up to kill the reflections off the amp's front panel. I need to locate a polarizing filter for next time.

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #28 of 65
Another intersting note about this amp: It has two inputs. One input is labeled "Direct" and the other is "AC Coupled". In the manual there is a simple circuit diagram depicting the difference. The AC coupled input has a capacitor between the input and the potentiometer (volume). The "Direct" is just a direct feed into the potentiometer. I figured direct seems more proper (AC coupled would roll off the bass, no?) so that's what I've been using.

Jul 28, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #29 of 65
Where can I get the W2002s?

And EXTREMELY nice pics man, made me drool a bit.

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #30 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Yep - that makes a lot more sense, as it's written on the AT papers - my brain just isn't working too gud right now. Still, that would make it even more recent! The lacquer must still be drying off
icon10.gif

That's alright, didn't dawn on me that what that means is, you quite possibly got the last one ever made! Last batch, anyway...I didn't realize they were still being made this year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back