AudioTechnica ATH-PRO5V Review
Nov 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZooMo

New Head-Fier
So, after months of research, I decided to buy the ATH-PRO5V for my limited needs, but something I use at least 10 hours of each day.

I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

First is the cups do not fit around my entire ear and sit sort of on the end of my ears, and worse, the way the can is made, they slide off backwards.  I was putting the band at the front of my head so that maybe it would sit better, but nope, it just made my head itchy.  If I put the right ear on my left ear and the left ear on my right ear, they feel slightly better.  Plus, no matter how much I tried to lessen the suck, by expanding the band more and more, I have red ears and the feeling of a fever or something. I hate the pivoting cups, which were described, but they did not describe how annoying they would be and how you would need to reposition them each time to put them on your head.  I bought them from Amazon, so not sure if I can return them.  I will have to look into that. I also paid for next day shipping and was so excited and then so disappointed.  The audio quality, for what I do, was only marginally better than my crappy Koss Ur/29s, if any. 

I tried to keep them on for a few hours, but they got so uncomfy, I put my crappy Koss Ur/29s back on, which at least fit over my whole ear.

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah,your search skills need some improvement. I have never heard of the Pro5V. 

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 5
Well, I have been reading here and googling for months.  I had specific search terms otherwise, I got dizzy.  Plus, the M50s were a bit more than I wanted to spend for my needs.  

I did read alot but sometimes words that audiophiles use to describe the sound, which is your interest in headhones, make no sense to me.  My main sound concern was crispness of the spoken word, which I have yet to find a review on any headphones for that reason.  Not alot of help/advice here for newbies that do not have game playing/studio mixing needs.

Anyway, thank you, and Happy Turkey Day!!

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Try this thread - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-59-portable-headphones-compared-earpollution-throwbax-subjekt-ak-hd1000-added-11-21

Quote:
Well, I have been reading here and googling for months.  I had specific search terms otherwise, I got dizzy.  Plus, the M50s were a bit more than I wanted to spend for my needs.  

I did read alot but sometimes words that audiophiles use to describe the sound, which is your interest in headhones, make no sense to me.  My main sound concern was crispness of the spoken word, which I have yet to find a review on any headphones for that reason.  Not alot of help/advice here for newbies that do not have game playing/studio mixing needs.

Anyway, thank you, and Happy Turkey Day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back