AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #5,446 of 5,890
got my own dt300 :)

In general, I disagree with the reviews and I do not see the need for an adapter - an attinuator.
The bass is dynamic, not balanced-armature. Sounds like I'm listening to hybrids.
Yes, this is not a classic V-sound, but in general, I do not share "anger" and the need for an attenuator :)
I will note one more thing: they need good amp

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #5,447 of 5,890
Well I hate to be a dissenting opinion but... my pair are pretty great? With and without an Impedance Adapter

Bass is not "BA bass" but it's surprisingly plentiful and pretty dynamic. A little bit recessed but not as recessed as I was expecting for an all-BA IEM.

Mids are forward and pretty clean of any harshness and sibilance. Tonality leans a bit warm.

Treble is pretty neutral and out of the way but it surprisingly doesn't get lost in the mix.

Details are... pretty effin great on my pair? Separation and layering is good but imaging could be a bit more finite imo.

Impedance adaptor adds some more bass across the board and tames the upper-mids which could get a bit forward at times but it was pretty good without one still.

Full review is all typed up and ready to post but I'll listen for a bit more just to make sure...

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_111313.jpg
    IMG_20210904_111313.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210904_111653.jpg
    IMG_20210904_111653.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210904_111938.jpg
    IMG_20210904_111938.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210904_112024.jpg
    IMG_20210904_112024.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #5,448 of 5,890
Is it possible then that @RikudouGoku got a faulty pair?

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #5,449 of 5,890
I can't say for sure, but it looks like it. Although @tgx78 didin't seem to like it either? I'm quite confused to be honest.

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #5,450 of 5,890
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #5,451 of 5,890
Is it possible then that @RikudouGoku got a faulty pair?
perhaps did not coincide with taste preferences. :) Everyone has different preferences and that's okay.

As for me, the headphones can be definitely called comfortable because they do not try to show you in your ears how poorly this or that music is recorded. I have only small questions to the midrange - they could have been a little more detailed, because there is a slight veil. Headphones, I repeat, need a powerful current source(cayin i5/zishan z4 bal mod/e1da), otherwise the sound will seem sluggish.

It can be said unambiguously that the company followed the path of "sound for everyone" and moved away from the direction of "technicality". I, I confess, too, expected incredible technicality, dryness and detail, but we got what it is, and it has a right to listen

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #5,453 of 5,890
perhaps did not coincide with taste preferences. :)

As for me, the headphones can be definitely called comfortable because they do not try to show you in your ears how poorly this or that recording is recorded. I have only small questions to the midrange - they could have been a little more detailed, because there is a slight veil. Headphones, I repeat, need a powerful current source, otherwise the sound will seem sluggish.

dt300.jpg
dt300a.jpg

I can confirm that I got a faulty pair as you can see on my graph.
Maybe one of the treble BA got fried or bypassed.
Will contact AudioSense and see what they say about the channel imbalance.
Would you say the "submarine sound" is thanks to the faulty BA?

I'm really confused because my impressions were very very positive of this IEM, with and without the impedance adapter. (though I do indeed prefer it with the impedance adapter). Could've used some better imaging imo, but everything else was pretty great.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #5,454 of 5,890
Would you say the "submarine sound" is thanks to the faulty BA?

I'm really confused because my impressions were very very positive of this IEM, with and without the impedance adapter. (though I do indeed prefer it with the impedance adapter). Could've used some better imaging imo, but everything else was pretty great.
Obviously yes for under the water kind of sound with that much roll off after the presence region. Even the functioning right channel will need extensive EQing to fix the tonality for me.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #5,455 of 5,890
dt300.jpg
dt300a.jpg

I can confirm that I got a faulty pair as you can see on my graph.
Maybe one of the treble BA got fried or bypassed.
Will contact AudioSense and see what they say about the channel imbalance.
Maybe they were damaged in transit?! BAs are actually really delicate, and can be damaged just by accidentally banging them together, or something of that nature. Imagine what they go through when being shipped by people that don't always handle packages with "kid gloves", as it were. I'm actually surprised there aren't more issues with "imbalances" with these all BA phones. I DID see quite a few back when the T800 first came out, though not a ton of them.

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #5,456 of 5,890
Maybe they were damaged in transit?! BAs are actually really delicate, and can be damaged just by accidentally banging them together, or something of that nature. Imagine what they go through when being shipped by people that don't always handle packages with "kid gloves", as it were. I'm actually surprised there aren't more issues with "imbalances" with these all BA phones. I DID see quite a few back when the T800 first came out, though not a ton of them.
I'd agree with you normally, but if he received them in the retail packaging it's almost impossible. Those IEMs are packed in a crazy good case

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #5,457 of 5,890
Hard to predict as Audiosense packages are always well protected.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #5,458 of 5,890
I'd agree with you normally, but if he received them in the retail packaging it's almost impossible. Those IEMs are packed in a crazy good case

Hard to predict as Audiosense packages are always well protected.
These are good points. Well, I hope you get it sorted out, because it DOES look like there is some issue there. Maybe just a defective Knowles BA then (I'm assuming AS is still in using Knowles exclusively)?!

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #5,459 of 5,890
These are good points. Well, I hope you get it sorted out, because it DOES look like there is some issue there. Maybe just a defective Knowles BA then (I'm assuming AS is still in using Knowles exclusively)?!
Yeah I think all 3 drivers in the DT300 are Knowles. (I couldn't see one so I can't be sure, but at least 2 had the Knowles logo on them)

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #5,460 of 5,890
Yeah I think all 3 drivers in the DT300 are Knowles. (I couldn't see one so I can't be sure, but at least 2 had the Knowles logo on them)
I think all but one are Knowles prebuilt, and the last one was supposedly designed by AS and built by Knowles on the T800, so it is possible there is another collaboration/creation here for the DT300?! Sadly, I just haven't done the research on these to be in the know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back