AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #5,056 of 5,890
I got the DT100 and been listening to it for about a week now,and must say this one was a big suprise. Never thought a single BA could sound this complete. Someone here Said it sounded similar to the the penon orb,and that is not to far off actually Cause that was my first thought when i hit play. the same warm bass/mid but with actuall treble where you don’t have to be a bat to hear it. This is probably the tuning the orb wishes it sounded like... the included tips really bottleneck this iem cause it is very tunable by swapping tips,and right now i’m using the pink stemmed
”vocal” tips that you get with Fiio iems. Thoose really brings out the treble nice and makes cymbals more alive.
to me DT100 is a bit to warm sounding on certain albums, but never sounds muddy and that is good,just a bit thick sometimes.
But my ideal tuning is something like my Thieaudio clairvoyance,so others might actually love the warmer bass/mid on the DT100.
Mid is really clear and is to my ears not laid back nor to up front,more U than V tuning (with ”vocal”tips). What the DT100 is somewhat lacking is dynamic. compared to a good dynamic driver,the slam and heft from the hit on a bass drum is not bad but a bit looser and softer compared to a good dynamic driver. I listen to mostly rock/metal and DT100 works just fine to my ears,but compared to for example Fiio FH3 it lacks that snap in the bass that Fiio hav.

For the modders out there,there is a thin mesh filter under the metal grill that is glued,but i belive it is removable with not to much effort,and Will probably bring a bit more treble/air from this iem.
to sum it. This iem is for thoose who like a warm signature with clear somewhat up front mids and depending on tips used,gets a non sibilant treble that’s never offensive in any way, but also does not lacking to much details. The DT100 puts many of my more expensive iems (yes i’m looking at you Orb and Fiio FA7) to shame. And that is impressive considering the price.

In a couple of weeks i Will recieve the brand spankin new AQ0 from Audiosense,and it Will be very interesting comparing thoose two against each other. Coming up....

Attachments

• A77BA58A-202E-406C-AC78-3AD6C55DC1BD.png
    A77BA58A-202E-406C-AC78-3AD6C55DC1BD.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #5,057 of 5,890
Wondering if anyone has both dt100 and dt200 and could compare? Especially considering dt200 is $135 now and a really well-tuned iem, just lacked a bit of treble energy and I think dt100 would have less. Also looking forward to receiving AQ0 today (hopefully).

EDIT: Found the comparison by @tgx78 in post #5003

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #5,058 of 5,890
Wondering if anyone has both dt100 and dt200 and could compare? Especially considering dt200 is $135 now and a really well-tuned iem, just lacked a bit of treble energy and I think dt100 would have less. Also looking forward to receiving AQ0 today (hopefully).
I will have the DT100 soon...(already got the DT200)

@tgx78 Got both though.

Feb 13, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #5,062 of 5,890
Initial AQ0 impressions: V-shaped, nice linear down-sloped bass with good texture and sub-bass slam, smooth upper treble, and lifted upper mids with slight peak somewhere in the with occasional mild sibilance. Above average soundstage, good cohesiveness and full/warm sound. Decent for the price (especially discount price), but overall it's a pretty average single-DD. Build/design are gorgeous imo and they are pretty small, so they fit great. Unfortunately, there is definitely some driver flex as well.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #5,063 of 5,890
Initial AQ0 impressions: V-shaped, nice linear down-sloped bass with good texture and sub-bass slam, smooth upper treble, and lifted upper mids with slight peak somewhere in the with occasional mild sibilance. Above average soundstage, good cohesiveness and full/warm sound. Decent for the price (especially discount price), but overall it's a pretty average single-DD. Build/design are gorgeous imo and they are pretty small, so they fit great. Unfortunately, there is definitely some driver flex as well.

Thanks for the impressions. The $100ish region for single DD types is extremely competitive.

Are the upper mids hot in the AQ0?

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #5,064 of 5,890
Thanks for the impressions. The $100ish region for single DD types is extremely competitive.

Are the upper mids hot in the AQ0?
Yeah, I think so. But in comparison to other similar cheap single dds and considering they have a quite a bit of low end heft they are not too bothersome.

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #5,066 of 5,890

I don't have anything useful to add, but just wanted to say that i really think that the new design they are going with looks awesome, like REALLY good!
Kinda flashy!

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #5,067 of 5,890
I ordered my AQ0 set soon after the announcement here. My unit “has departed country of origin” for the last few days. The estimated delivery date is February 22-March 14. :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #5,068 of 5,890
I ordered my AQ0 set soon after the announcement here. My unit “has departed country of origin” for the last few days. The estimated delivery date is February 22-March 14. :frowning2:
Prepare for the worse! :triportsad: For me, Ali was always late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back