AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #4,561 of 5,890
Looks like mine will be in on Tues since DHL has Monday (labor day) off.
Yes, it’s most likely due to impedance/resistance. I know it’s a super controversial topic, and I didn’t want to start any dispute but rather just share my experience. Trust me, I’m one of the skeptical ones, but this is the 1st time that my mind is open to the possibility that there may be something to it.

Anyways, I don’t want to get off topic to the topic of the AQ7. It’s a freaking great IEM, and I am so glad I got it. After the early initial impressions rolled in, I was quite worried that I wouldn’t like the sound tuning. Well, all of my fears were alleviated once I heard it for myself.
I'll have a completely open mind since I have no exposure to the t800 and I'm not particularly driven to bass heavy iems. I'm hopeful the aq7 sound profile will fit well with my expectations. *fingers crossed* Was it you that said you were a "closet basshead"? I could see myself in the same manner.

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #4,562 of 5,890
Was it you that said you were a "closet basshead"? I could see myself in the same manner.

Theres quite a few of us closet bassheads on HeadFi :)

Sep 5, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #4,563 of 5,890
Was it you that said you were a "closet basshead"? I could see myself in the same manner.

Theres quite a few of us closet bassheads on HeadFi :)

Haha just come out in the open like me and declare yourself a basshead!!!!

At least bass won't forsake us even as we get older and lose the treble frequencies due to age related hearing loss.

As Meghan Trainor says: "All About That Bass":

Sep 5, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #4,564 of 5,890
Mine are arriving on Tuesday too, some how they were scanned in NY on Thursday night, but no NJ so far.
Today I received my first pair of earbuds ( we all need one in the collection even if you are not a fan), the Smabat ST-10s -gold & black version - and they are very impressive. I was using Qobus + IFI Micro BL and after a satisfying hour, I switch to the T800 and... poor Smabat !!! T800 are very good earphones, I can wait for AQ7.
No trying to compare apples and oranges here, just saying ...😎

Sep 5, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #4,565 of 5,890

At least bass won't forsake us even as we get older and lose the treble frequencies due to age related hearing loss.

Well, there’s a reason why I own more than 1 pair of Sennheiser HD630VB. I love that I can go from flat to basshead tuning in the turn of a dial :)

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #4,567 of 5,890
Can everyone who has received there AQ7 check their serial number? Would be really cool to find out who has number 1! Fast and clean got number 2 and is located in Norway. I live in Norway but hasn't got mine yet. Maybe mine is number 3 or 1 if there is any system on it.:) Haha.. doesn't matter at all though,but very cool that they are numbered:)

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #4,568 of 5,890
Can't wait to have my aq7 at home. I'm not expecting something like t800, instead I just want a new experience
Same here! I hope it's a totally different sound than anything I own. That is what this hobby is about for me.. difference and not the constant upgrade

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #4,569 of 5,890
Can everyone who has received there AQ7 check their serial number? Would be really cool to find out who has number 1! Fast and clean got number 2 and is located in Norway. I live in Norway but hasn't got mine yet. Maybe mine is number 3 or 1 if there is any system on it.:) Haha.. doesn't matter at all though,but very cool that they are numbered:)

Mine is #36. I only saw 32 orders on Aliexpress for the AQ7, so not sure how they jumped so many numbers to 36.

Capture.PNG

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #4,572 of 5,890
Sep 6, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #4,574 of 5,890

Haha. I might be a closet bass head in denial then since most of my music listening is classical.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #4,575 of 5,890
They are here!!! Number looks like 0003.
Which of the provided eartips are you guys using with best results ??

FCF7C564-B427-4AE3-A32D-BE53F5D4A8DF.jpeg0687826F-065B-404C-82AB-84D307F01D3A.jpeg

I like the silicone tips with the green stem in terms of fit and sound. YMMV though, we all have different ear anatomies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back