AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #3,767 of 5,890
Mar 11, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #3,768 of 5,890
What daps are good with ba iems? Hiby R5 seems to be a better combo with ba iems since it seems to have a lower output impedance (although I cant find the numbers, reviewers have all said that there is noticeably less noise on the R5 than the fiio M11)

Mar 11, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #3,770 of 5,890
Hiby R5 is at 300 usd now too. Seems to be a good price, but don't know what to feel about having multiple mid tier daps...

Mar 11, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #3,772 of 5,890
Hiby R5 is at 300 usd now too. Seems to be a good price, but don't know what to feel about having multiple mid tier daps...
The DX160 and the Hiby R5 would be my 2 choices, though I dont own the R5. The DX has output impedance of .3, and has the power to drive the Tin P1 very well at 1.2w (from balanced). As stated it is dead silent on everything I have used on 3.5mm and 4.4mm high or low gain. But you really cant go wrong with either. The R5 screen is a lot smaller (if that is important to you).

The R5 seems as though the ui is a bit snappier, but the DX has (reportedly) a bit better sound, and bigger soundstage. I cant confirm this, because I only own the DX.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #3,773 of 5,890
The DX160 and the Hiby R5 would be my 2 choices, though I dont own the R5. The DX has output impedance of .3, and has the power to drive the Tin P1 very well at 1.2w (from balanced). As stated it is dead silent on everything I have used on 3.5mm and 4.4mm high or low gain. But you really cant go wrong with either. The R5 screen is a lot smaller (if that is important to you).

The R5 seems as though the ui is a bit snappier, but the DX has (reportedly) a bit better sound, and bigger soundstage. I cant confirm this, because I only own the DX.
Yeah those 2 seems to be the best, looking into them right now.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #3,774 of 5,890
Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,775 of 5,890
Yeah those 2 seems to be the best, looking into them right now.
I bought an R5 from AliExpress last week when they were on offer.
Due to arrive tomorrow. Will give it a good listen w/ T800's

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #3,776 of 5,890

Well, I can confirm all you said. Had both but I sold the R5 because the DX160 is better looking, sounds beautiful with a much wider stage and the screen is gorgeous.it's a very satisfying DAP for those of us that don't have money to throw around every couple of months. Only downside is Bluetooth/wifi connection isn't as solid as R5 but that's a minor issue for me. Pairs very well with Audiosense T800.

Mar 13, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #3,777 of 5,890
Have had a pair of T800 for a couple weeks now and I can't say enough about them. There are many 6-8 BA iems out and coming out but for the price these are superb. I never expected 2ba's to produce the amount of bass that these do. The details are on point, soundstage is wide, though i've heard wider, I really don't know what can beat these for the price? I got mine from my go-to site HiFiGo, they have been shipping throughout the crisis and always get my items to me quickly.
I've got a new cable coming but Aliexpress seems to be taking a really long time right now, but that's understandable, if anyone has specific questions i'll do my best to answer.
If you're thinking of purchasing them you can let me know too and i'll see about getting a 5-10$ off coupon from HiFiGo as they're usually cool about it.
Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Mar 13, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #3,778 of 5,890
Have had a pair of T800 for a couple weeks now and I can't say enough about them. There are many 6-8 BA iems out and coming out but for the price these are superb. I never expected 2ba's to produce the amount of bass that these do. The details are on point, soundstage is wide, though i've heard wider, I really don't know what can beat these for the price? I got mine from my go-to site HiFiGo, they have been shipping throughout the crisis and always get my items to me quickly.
I've got a new cable coming but Aliexpress seems to be taking a really long time right now, but that's understandable, if anyone has specific questions i'll do my best to answer.
If you're thinking of purchasing them you can let me know too and i'll see about getting a 5-10$ off coupon from HiFiGo as they're usually cool about it.
Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Love mine too.very satisfied with them. They also sound more open/detailed with 4.5mm Tips and get holographic/trimmed treble with silver-plated copper cables. The bass + detail cable is pure copper cables. So you can also change how they sound that way. I tried other filters too but ended up going back to stock Knowles Acoustic Filter (Grey) 330ohms I think (best balance of everything).

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...00virtualkey66550000virtualkey721-BF-1999-000

Bass heads should try (White) 680ohm Knowles Acoustic Filter.but that cuts the top end off.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...00virtualkey66550000virtualkey721-BF-1859-000

Dope IEM worth twice the price.

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #3,779 of 5,890
Love mine too.very satisfied with them. They also sound more open/detailed with 4.5mm Tips and get holographic/trimmed treble with silver-plated copper cables. The bass + detail cable is pure copper cables. So you can also change how they sound that way. I tried other filters too but ended up going back to stock Knowles Acoustic Filter (Grey) 330ohms I think (best balance of everything).

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...00virtualkey66550000virtualkey721-BF-1999-000

Bass heads should try (White) 680ohm Knowles Acoustic Filter.but that cuts the top end off.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...00virtualkey66550000virtualkey721-BF-1859-000

I have a set of Ostry tips on the way and, just for the heck of it, I'm going to take out the stock filter and try it using one set of the Ostrys. I know it will change the sound because the filter is further away from the drivers (actually in BA world they are called recievers… hehe), but I just don't know how much and what it will be like.... Just thought I would play because I am totally satisfied with them as they are, and I can't really imagine they could get MUCH better... :)

Between the T800 and my Tin P1 I am at end game for IEMs for a long time to come. To my ears they do everything I want them to do, and both IEMs EQ VERY well too, so if I need to change up a bit I can.

Mar 14, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #3,780 of 5,890

I've been using Symbio W's exclusively since last year and luckily I ordered a copper cable :) really intrigued by the white acoustic filters now, gotta grab a set and experiment. Thank you friend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back