AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #3,406 of 5,890
My aq3 is here, will listen a bit and give my first impressions
1580831227242..jpg

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,407 of 5,890

Waiting for your impressions...

I need to decide between the AQ3 as my first pair of mid-tier IEMs and HD6xx headphones.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #3,408 of 5,890
1580831227242..jpg
Ok first impressions of the AQ3 (take them with a grain of salt)
overall sound signature is V shaped (for me) not close to neutral like others said
sub bass is very strong but only the very low bass (under 80-90hz), they somehow managed to isolate the boost low with those tubes
the woofer is very well damped, it is snappy and there is no bloat, very good texture with smooth kind of tone (the semckarch for example has powerful and tight bass but it sounds rough like PA subwoofer)
the midrange is recessed but mostly the lower mids, that makes the male vocals less dense, they are very clean but no warmth, upper mids have more energy compared to the lower mids so female vocals are more forward in the whole sound profile, the mids are very clean indeed but a bit dry, however they are not shouty, they avoid the shoutynes because the upper mids are not overly boosted, still more upper mids than lower mids
treble is sparkly but not peaky like the T800, nice and clean treble that has similar energy to the upper mids
soundstage is wide and it has good dept, very nice soundstage, the instrument separation is very good because of the less warm cleaner profile
overall they are very good for electronic music and big orchestra (Hans Zimmer)
for female vocals they are good but for male they will not be my first choice

thats it for now

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #3,409 of 5,890
overall sound signature is V shaped (for me) not close to neutral like others said
sub bass is very strong but only the very low bass (under 80-90hz), they somehow managed to isolate the boost low with those tubes
the woofer is very well damped, it is snappy and there is no bloat, very good texture with smooth kind of tone (the semckarch for example has powerful and tight bass but it sounds rough like PA subwoofer)
the midrange is recessed but mostly the lower mids, that makes the male vocals less dense, they are very clean but no warmth, upper mids have more energy compared to the lower mids so female vocals are more forward in the whole sound profile, the mids are very clean indeed but a bit dry, however they are not shouty, they avoid the shoutynes because the upper mids are not overly boosted, still more upper mids than lower mids
treble is sparkly but not peaky like the T800, nice and clean treble that has similar energy to the upper mids
soundstage is wide and it has good dept, very nice soundstage, the instrument separation is very good because of the less warm cleaner profile

thats it for now

Nice short impressions!

Thank you for sharing them.

Have you already heard Spring 1?
If so, which one do you prefer, Spring 1 or AQ3?

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #3,412 of 5,890
Feb 4, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #3,415 of 5,890

thats it for now

Agree about the treble, soundstage and instrument separation, but all other impressions are opposite to mine. Give them around a 100 hours of burn-in time, they will grow on you.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3,416 of 5,890
Feb 4, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #3,418 of 5,890
i just changed the tips from wide bore to narrow bore (Sony tips), the sound is improved in terms of musicality with narrow bore tips, a bit warmer, that will be my tip of choice

thats it for now

Wow its amazing the divergence of impressions about the mids, have to say found them kind of lean, 'slightly' rescest and almost dull at first but really opened massively with a nice burn in, like all my favourite iems I didn't really rate them that much at first. Whilst I bow to your superior knowledge experience I still stand by what I'm hearing, maybe some psychoacoustics trick, either way a like. I've settled on spinfit cp100's which also have a relatively wide bore

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #3,420 of 5,890
I've just ordered some aq3 as I've read they have great bass. If I like them I may order t800 too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back