AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #3,394 of 5,890
AQ3 pairs really well with iBasso DC01 USB dongle which results in engaging, fun and addictive sound.
With Fiio M11 electric guitars are raw and meaty, but/and sound lacks smoothness.
My video about AQ3, a great complement for T800

Spot on, really rate Portafi's reviews, really objective reviews without bashing anything, maybe didn't seem that balanced as he clearly hypes these but for good reason withthe AAQ3 imo

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #3,396 of 5,890
Spot on, really rate Portafi's reviews, really objective reviews without bashing anything, maybe didn't seem that balanced as he clearly hypes these but for good reason withthe AAQ3 imo

I'm trying to keep my reviews out of my subjective bias, but of course, there are some models that I like so much, that it's impossible :) I really respect Asudiosense approach, for me, they stand out of "average chi-fi" manufacturers, delivering more "audiophiliac" sound. Actually, T800 was great, but a bit "not my tempo", while AQ3 is closer to my tastes, so, that's the reason of my excitement :)

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #3,397 of 5,890
Lol, oops just re-read your post, realised was actually you, apologies for blowing smoke........ Absolutely nothing wrong with an excitement in a product fella, especially Audiosense their pride in what they do really shines through too from their 'budget' T180 to the slightly bonkers T800, haven't personally come across a company hitting their price performance ratio so regularly and a great company to buy from also.
I found the AQ3 a real grower, slightly underwhelmed at first but now......do I sell my T800? Have you tried a pure silver cable, been using the TRN pure silver 8 core (had tested over 95% pure) adds new dimensions to everything to my ears, well worth the 25usd investment.
Keep up the great work

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #3,398 of 5,890
I'm trying to keep my reviews out of my subjective bias, but of course, there are some models that I like so much, that it's impossible :) I really respect Asudiosense approach, for me, they stand out of "average chi-fi" manufacturers, delivering more "audiophiliac" sound. Actually, T800 was great, but a bit "not my tempo", while AQ3 is closer to my tastes, so, that's the reason of my excitement :)

Lol, oops just re-read your post, realised was actually you, apologies for blowing smoke........ Absolutely nothing wrong with an excitement in a product fella, especially Audiosense their pride in what they do really shines through too from their 'budget' T180 to the slightly bonkers T800, haven't personally come across a company hitting their price performance ratio so regularly and a great company to buy from also.
I found the AQ3 a real grower, slightly underwhelmed at first but now......do I sell my T800? Have you tried a pure silver cable, been using the TRN pure silver 8 core (had tested over 95% pure) adds new dimensions to everything to my ears, well worth the 25usd investment.
Keep up the great work

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #3,399 of 5,890
Have you tried a pure silver cable, been using the TRN pure silver 8 core (had tested over 95% pure) adds new dimensions to everything to my ears, well worth the 25usd investment

I've tried pure silver litz by FiiO, it improves treble response a little bit, but I don't think it worth spending $100 for a $170 IEMs, I need to test some less expensive cables

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #3,400 of 5,890
I've tried pure silver litz by FiiO, it improves treble response a little bit, but I don't think it worth spending $100 for a $170 IEMs, I need to test some less expensive cables

Try the TRN T3 8 Core Pure Silver cable, I know an engineer who tested its purity using the best equipment in work and came back as 96.5% pure silver (the rest nikol and other alloys to make strong and viable) and only about $25 on Ali right now (if/when they come back!). Really added a lot of bredth, depth and separation to my ears, just clearer throughout. Might even be worth a review it's such a great deal for those on a budget

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #3,401 of 5,890
Try the TRN T3 8 Core Pure Silver cable, I know an engineer who tested its purity using the best equipment in work and came back as 96.5% pure silver (the rest nikol and other alloys to make strong and viable) and only about $25 on Ali right now (if/when they come back!). Really added a lot of bredth, depth and separation to my ears, just clearer throughout. Might even be worth a review it's such a great deal for those on a budget

thank you, ordered one from AliExpress right now :)

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,402 of 5,890
My video about AQ3, a great complement for T800

Very nice review, cleg!

I'm using it to try to figure out if the AQ3 deserves a place in my desk just besides a Spring 1.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #3,403 of 5,890
Is it strange that my new favourite eartips are the Spinfit Cp100...... I been trying heaps of eartips and at first when I tried the Cp100, I found it was extremely detailed and mids were forward but soundstage was small and treble was elevated to much. That was with a different source and cable though. Now using the E1DA 9038s with Cable 171. The spinfit CP100 are absolutely the best eartips I have tried to date. All other eartips sound veiled in the mids and a lot of detail actually is missing. The soundstage is smaller than the JVC yet imaging on the CP100 is so so so much more accurate and clear. Mids sound so intimate and yet lively. Texture in the low end has been enhanced. And treble is sparkly but not sibilant as other have said in earlier posts. Going back to other eartips. Yes I may get a bigger soundstage but things sound muddled and out of place which is strange as before they felt perfect. The CP100 in my case have made the T800 a whole new level better. Much more balanced overall, much more clearer and detailes are on hyper mode. I'll order the CP100Z and compare then to the CP100. From earlier posts, the CP100Z should have less forward mids and less treble. But the presentation of the T800 and CP100 is perfect to my ears. Mids are god tier and no more thin ness as others say. They are full, centred, rich and hyper detailed. Instrument separation is A+++++. Match made in heaven :)

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #3,404 of 5,890
AQ3 graph, i dont like it but will wait to hear them first before any conclusion, that gap though
(credit @Hawaiibadboy )
unnamed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back