AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #2,791 of 5,890
The only flaw I can say is that some my find it fatiguing and it's hard to be driven right and it needs better eartips. But many other iems that cost much much more have way bigger flaws than the T800. Campfire Audio Vega and Atlas. Many people thought they had to much low end. Campfire Andromeda, Fearless Audio S8F/Pro. Some people have found treble to hot, even hotter than the T800. All those iems cost double or triple or even four times the price of the T800..... Sony EX1000 has even hotter treble than the T800...... Many many many many iems have their own flaws. Flaws for me of the T800 is stock cables are ehh. It needs better cables. It's extremely source dependent and very very picky of source. And fit can be issue and if bad fit, the T800 can sound pretty muddy or boomy in the low end or the treble can be fatiguing. But many other iems need better eartips as well or sometimes a better cable.... So for 300USD I am not complaining. I love the tuning of the T800. LOVE IT. Now lets talk about more expensive iems having flaws? Theres an issue. We paying a lot of money and yet still getting flaws??? That is not ok

Well, to me T800 sounds good. Definitely better than anything I heard before, but I didn't have anything too great. MH755 definitely doesn't sound better than these. Crinacle said ER2XR is good, so I will get those and I could say what I think about these. But even with normal tips these sound pretty good. If there's anything I could say about these, is that everything is slightly bit distant, and that treble doesn't sound as full as some of my cheap IEMs. But in terms of resolution, detail, clarity, soundstage they beat all the cheap IEMs. Also, AudioSense is a small company so there could be unit variance.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #2,792 of 5,890
same. no person should base their buying decision on one reviewer's opinion, no matter how "respected" they are. I had this argument with some people on reddit, who when some guy was looking for suggestions on a 1.5k TOTL IEM to buy, multiple people just said "look at crinacle's list and ignore everything else". When I suggested that crinacle has his own preferred sound signature, and that a better idea would be to go to headfi and read the impressions of multiple people to build a concensus based on YOUR PREFERRED SOUND SIGNATURE, I got down-voted to hell. The excuse being "crinacle is a respected professional and people on head-fi don't know what they're talking about". So anyway, measurements are the only thing objective about audio. Though I also take issue with harman curve, as too many people view it as supposed "perfect tuning". The ironic thing that one of the most popular budget IEMs at the moment (which I also enjoy), the BLON BL-03, is not tuned to harman.
Just go to Crinacle's Discord and see what a shithole it can be. Crinacle is great, I respect his work and everything, but his followers can be a bit arrogant. They crap on you if you talk about something you haven't heard, even if two IEMs are essentially the same except in lets say bass, and if their view doesn't meet yours even if you heard it, you'll get attacked. Trying to prove something using physics and electronics laws will also get you shitted. If you asked them, only Crin's ranking matters.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,793 of 5,890
Just go to Crinacle's Discord and see what a shithole it can be. Crinacle is great, I respect his work and everything, but his followers can be a bit arrogant. They crap on you if you talk about something you haven't heard, even if two IEMs are essentially the same except in lets say bass, and if their view doesn't meet yours even if you heard it, you'll get attacked. Trying to prove something using physics and electronics laws will also get you shitted. If you asked them, only Crin's ranking matters.
Damn. It's like a religion or cult there -.- Yes what he does is great. But no where near perfect.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,794 of 5,890
Well, to me T800 sounds good. Definitely better than anything I heard before, but I didn't have anything too great. MH755 definitely doesn't sound better than these. Crinacle said ER2XR is good, so I will get those and I could say what I think about these. But even with normal tips these sound pretty good. If there's anything I could say about these, is that everything is slightly bit distant, and that treble doesn't sound as full as some of my cheap IEMs. But in terms of resolution, detail, clarity, soundstage they beat all the cheap IEMs. Also, AudioSense is a small company so there could be unit variance.
It could be. I also felt that distant feeling with my Samsung S9 but then using a different dac made it sound better. But the other thing that could get that distant feeling is the psycho acoustics of the T800. Listen to Johnny Cash Hurt and it sounds very close. The T800 have a lot of depth to their sound so it takes a bit of time to get used too.

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #2,795 of 5,890
I listen to classic rock 70s, 80s, 90s rock, grunge, metal. A lot of rap and hip hop from the 90s. A lot of edm ranging from 90s hardcore/rave, trance, hard trance, hardstyle. Some pop every here and there. Jazz. Acoustic and instrumental. And I use no EQ at all. I also listen to a lot of latin bands. Calle 13 is one of my faves, I especially love cumbia and salsa every now and then also some reggaeton. So I am very picky about tuning and usually look for an iem that is an all rounder. Nothing has sounded bad yet on the T800 :)

Ok, then I was wrong. Reading your words, I thought that you don't listen to metal.

Found that when I read "highs are bright" (like in the T800s case) and I finally try some that phones, always sound harsh or strident with thrash metal and music with lots of cymbals and highs. Because of this, I'm turning quite picky too and completely agree with you in the look for all-rounder gear that sounds good with every music genre. Tired of people that mainly listen to jazz, classical and soft genres but rate phones so high (in absolute value) when they sound meh with "harder" genres.

I'm waiting now for LZ A6s and NC5v2 upgrade to Bella, but reading your feedback, I'll give Audiosenses a try in near future. Thanks for the clarification!

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #2,796 of 5,890
Ok, then I was wrong. Reading your words, I thought that you don't listen to metal.

Found that when I read "highs are bright" (like in the T800s case) and I finally try some that phones, always sound harsh or strident with thrash metal and music with lots of cymbals and highs. Because of this, I'm turning quite picky too and completely agree with you in the look for all-rounder gear that sounds good with every music genre. Tired of people that mainly listen to jazz, classical and soft genres but rate phones so high (in absolute value) when they sound meh with "harder" genres.

I'm waiting now for LZ A6s and NC5v2 upgrade to Bella, but reading your feedback, I'll give Audiosenses a try in near future. Thanks for the clarification!
No worries. I also listen to some black metal and punk which can be intense. So for me personally. I have had no issues with the treble/highs on the T800. But I can understand why for some it may be a bit "fatiguing" but I have listened to the T800 4 - 5 hrs straight with no issues and I am using a SPC cable

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,797 of 5,890
since getting such a perfect fit with my azla sednas, I wanted to see if I could tame the 4khz peak that became noticeable again, by changing the stock grey filters. I tried using a filter removal tool to remove them, but the tool just couldn't do it (think I bought the wrong size tool). So instead of removing the greys, I stacked a white filter on top of them, and it seems to be a real solid combo. I know there were some earlier posts that tried the same thing with similar good results (stacking filters vs replacing them). It definitely seems to have reduced the peak, but I want to give it a full day or more of regular listening with different music genres to see if it really took care of it without any noticeable loss of detail. In my quick listening so far it hasn't effected micro detail in a way that bothers me at all, and it seems to have opened up the sound stage even more. So yeah, figured I resurrect the filter conversation again :wink:. I think a white + grey is equivalent to a brown (~1000 ohms resistance). But I don't think you can make direct comparisons like this bc filter insertion depth also supposedly affects sound. These new ones literally sit at the top of the stem. I just know it sounds better to my ears with the azlas & a nice SPC cable.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2,798 of 5,890
since getting such a perfect fit with my azla sednas, I wanted to see if I could tame the 4khz peak that became noticeable again, by changing the stock grey filters. I tried using a filter removal tool to remove them, but the tool just couldn't do it (think I bought the wrong size tool). So instead of removing the greys, I stacked a white filter on top of them, and it seems to be a real solid combo. I know there were some earlier posts that tried the same thing with similar good results (stacking filters vs replacing them). It definitely seems to have reduced the peak, but I want to give it a full day or more of regular listening with different music genres to see if it really took care of it. It for sure didn't effect micro detail in a way that bothered me at all, and it seems to have opened up the sound stage even more. So yeah, filter talk has died down a lot lately, but I figured I'd bring it back up again. I think a white + grey is equivalent to a brown (~1000 ohms resistance). But I don't think you can make direct comparisons like this bc filter insertion depth also supposedly affects sound. These new ones literally sit at the top of the stem. I just know it sounds better to my ears with the azlas & a nice SPC cable.
I actually never got the chance to try some filters. I think it's time maybe I start playing around with them as aswell haha. I just ordered cable 171 on Hakuzen's cable list. Not a cheap cable especially as I went for the 8 core. But I have a good feeling about it. The ISN S16 is a great SPC cable but it honestly does have a more copper sound to it when compared to other SPC cables, especially higher end SPC cables have more treble energy and detail, especially clarity but it is an amazing cable for the price. I was thinking of going for cable 175 but the SPC on it I felt would bring up the treble since it's a higher grade SPC. Higher quality copper has a crystal clear and lush sound while giving heaps of detail. I remember my old Effect Audio Ares II+ cable. It had that copper sound but it was clear and lush. Im expecting this new cable to be even clearer than the Ares ii and ISN S16 while being lush at the same time. I sure do hope it matches well :)

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #2,799 of 5,890
I'm only using the copper cable that came with the iems and spinfit cp360 I have around for now and I have not encountered much fatigue or hot trebles. Then again I'm used to the DT1990s' sound so I'm not overly sensitive in this regard. I'll try listen to some bad recordings later (which I stopped listening to since I got the DT1990s lol) to see how hot the T800s can get. My listening is mostly psychtrance, deep house and techno for now. I also listen to a lot of big orchestral music and violin concertos. There's no hotness in my collection of trance music but I'd imagine trumpets might sound hot if recorded badly.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #2,800 of 5,890
since getting such a perfect fit with my azla sednas, I wanted to see if I could tame the 4khz peak that became noticeable again, by changing the stock grey filters. I tried using a filter removal tool to remove them, but the tool just couldn't do it (think I bought the wrong size tool). So instead of removing the greys, I stacked a white filter on top of them, and it seems to be a real solid combo. I know there were some earlier posts that tried the same thing with similar good results (stacking filters vs replacing them). It definitely seems to have reduced the peak, but I want to give it a full day or more of regular listening with different music genres to see if it really took care of it without any noticeable loss of detail. In my quick listening so far it hasn't effected micro detail in a way that bothers me at all, and it seems to have opened up the sound stage even more. So yeah, figured I resurrect the filter conversation again :wink:. I think a white + grey is equivalent to a brown (~1000 ohms resistance). But I don't think you can make direct comparisons like this bc filter insertion depth also supposedly affects sound. These new ones literally sit at the top of the stem. I just know it sounds better to my ears with the azlas & a nice SPC cable.

I went a full circle with the T800. I tried various knowles filters, cables, eartips, and at the end of the day I still went back to the default stock filter and stock tips. I found the knowles filters/various tips did smooth the upper mids/lower treble harshness, but they did affect the microdetails a little bit.

I know not everyone here believes in cables making a difference to sound, but I consistently had a taming of the treble by using copper cables with the T800 compared to SPC ones (same volume pot, same source). I figured maybe it's a super low impedance/highly sensitive IEM, so it responds very differently to different cables/tips/sources. So everything is on stock config for my T800 except a 8 core NiceHCK copper cable, and this smooths the treble/upper mids enough for me without overtly losing too much microdetails.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,801 of 5,890
I'm only using the copper cable that came with the iems and spinfit cp360 I have around for now and I have not encountered much fatigue or hot trebles. Then again I'm used to the DT1990s' sound so I'm not overly sensitive in this regard. I'll try listen to some bad recordings later (which I stopped listening to since I got the DT1990s lol) to see how hot the T800s can get. My listening is mostly psychtrance, deep house and techno for now. I also listen to a lot of big orchestral music and violin concertos. There's no hotness in my collection of trance music but I'd imagine trumpets might sound hot if recorded badly.
Same here. I love listening to Psy trance on my Dt1990s pro. Maybe we are just treble heads? Haha nah I do love me some treble, but not over cooked treble. But same, I never have experienced fatigue with the T800. When I first got them, I used the stock SPC cable for a while then I started changing things slowly. But I was amazed how much a simple cable and eartip swap can do :) Ace Ventura, Vini Vici and Babalos sound awesome haha.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #2,802 of 5,890
I went a full circle with the T800. I tried various knowles filters, cables, eartips, and at the end of the day I still went back to the default stock filter and stock tips. I found the knowles filters/various tips did smooth the upper mids/lower treble harshness, but they did affect the microdetails a little bit.

I know not everyone here believes in cables making a difference to sound, but I consistently had a taming of the treble by using copper cables with the T800 compared to SPC ones (same volume pot, same source). I figured maybe it's a super low impedance/highly sensitive IEM, so it responds very differently to different cables/tips/sources. So everything is on stock config for my T800 except a 8 core NiceHCK copper cable, and this smooths the treble/upper mids enough for me without overtly losing too much microdetails.
I agree here. That's why I went with the ISN S16 as my first upgrade cable. It is SPC but it's not a usual normal SPC sound. It's closer to copper but with a touch of clarity and energy up top without making the low end too much. But now im going to a high grade copper which should sound like the ISN S16 but much clearer, better instrument seperation, better mids. Simply better everything without losing the nice smooth treble energy and especially not losing detail, instead giving more. If anyone goes for a SPC cable. The ISN S16 or S4 is the one to go for. Do not spend on a higher quality SPC cable as it will enhance treble and drop the low end slightly unless that is what you want. Yes it will be much more clearer, detailed with all the goods. But the treble could get a bit hot with the T800. If you're going to spend good money for the T800. Get yourself a high quality UPOCC Litz copper cable :). Cable 171 I think is the best copper cable for the T800. I will confirm for sure once I get my hands on it. But from experience. A higher grade copper cables always matches better with a brightish iem.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,803 of 5,890

I know what you mean about coming full circle. I loved the sound stock, but wanted to see how far I could push it, so I tip rolled/cable swapped, and for a while I settled on spiral dots + copper cable. But one day I decided to go back to the SPC cable, and couldn't believe how much detail I was missing (to my ears...). I realize I just don't like what copper does to the details, despite it sounding a bit less harsh compared to SPC. So I rolled with spiral dots + SPC, but always hated spiral dot fit (they're just too loose on the T800 imo) and eventually ended up with the sednas. The sednas are like a revelation in terms of fit, but they brought the harshness back in certain genres of music & poor recordings (azla actually advertises that they increase treble!). I can listen to deep house/indie music all day with the sednas, but unfortunately metal/low bit-rate content sucks w/o EQ, so I kind of avoid those genres & save them for some of my other IEMs. So I hope I this mod will make the T800 my all-purpose daily driver again. I mainly listen on-the-go so fit & ease of use is just as important as sound. Also over this time I also changed sources from a V30+ to a Oneplus 7T + 9038S. Which of course also affected the sound (for the better!)
It really is a delicate balance. And with these sensitive IEMs little things can make highly noticeable difference, as we all have experienced. It's just so surprising to me how wide the spectrum is in here - no clear consensus on copper vs SPC, narrow vs wide bore tips, stock filter vs new filters, etc etc. I think the only thing that we can all agree on is you need a quality, low impedance source :wink:.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #2,804 of 5,890
I actually never got the chance to try some filters. I think it's time maybe I start playing around with them as aswell haha. I just ordered cable 171 on Hakuzen's cable list. Not a cheap cable especially as I went for the 8 core. But I have a good feeling about it. The ISN S16 is a great SPC cable but it honestly does have a more copper sound to it when compared to other SPC cables, especially higher end SPC cables have more treble energy and detail, especially clarity but it is an amazing cable for the price. I was thinking of going for cable 175 but the SPC on it I felt would bring up the treble since it's a higher grade SPC. Higher quality copper has a crystal clear and lush sound while giving heaps of detail. I remember my old Effect Audio Ares II+ cable. It had that copper sound but it was clear and lush. Im expecting this new cable to be even clearer than the Ares ii and ISN S16 while being lush at the same time. I sure do hope it matches well :)
well the good thing about playing with filters is how cheap it is! Only caveat is finding a place that sells them along with a proper tool. Aside from that it's one of the cheapest mods you can do... literally just a few bucks. Worst case you return to stock.

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #2,805 of 5,890
Flaws for me of the T800 is stock cables are ehh. It needs better cables. And fit can be an issue and if bad fit, the T800 can sound pretty muddy or boomy in the low end or the treble can be fatiguing. But many other iems need better eartips as well or sometimes a better cable.... So for 300USD I am not complaining.
What is wrong with the cables on the Audiosense T800?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back