AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2,101 of 5,890
Sep 15, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #2,102 of 5,890
Nope - don't see anyone shipping to UK for them. They appear to be Radioshack's own brand?
Pure copper cable smooths out the treble perfect imo. I was using spiral tips with a SPC cable and it was on the verge of being harsh but, manageble. But after I changed to a pure copper cable I was able to use any tip I wanted because it's smoooooth. Plus no need to mess with dampeners

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #2,104 of 5,890
Ok so I got the T180’s and the T260’s yesterday so I am still getting to grips with them. However I do like the sound out of the T260’s a lot more.

I am not very good at describing the experience but I will give it a try. The T260 sound fuller (2 armatures) and generally sound super satisfying. Really enjoying them. Much more bass and really easy to listen to for hours and hours without the fatigue that I usually get.

These are my first armature only iem’s and I’ve got to say I am a little bit in love with the sound of these.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #2,105 of 5,890
Ok so I got the T180’s and the T260’s yesterday so I am still getting to grips with them. However I do like the sound out of the T260’s a lot more.

I am not very good at describing the experience but I will give it a try. The T260 sound fuller (2 armatures) and generally sound super satisfying. Really enjoying them. Much more bass and really easy to listen to for hours and hours without the fatigue that I usually get.

These are my first armature only iem’s and I’ve got to say I am a little bit in love with the sound of these.

Great to hear that.

I'll be getting a partly sponsored review unit and would compare the t260 to some other iems I own.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #2,108 of 5,890
So after more testing, I have determined that I prefer the T180 with no damper at all. I.e. the way it originally came stock from Audiosense.

This is, of course, after switching to something other than the narrow bore stock tips. Once you cut off the core of the stock Shure Olive style tips, you can install them on the nozzle and act as permanent adapters. This allows you to install pretty much any other tip you want.

My favorite tips are KZ Starlines, followed by Auvios. The wider (than stock) bore really smooths the treble, so having no damper is not a problem. I benefit from all of the treble clarity with no harshness. Using any dampers, even greys, in combination with wide bore tips kills too much of the treble sparkle for my tastes.

In addition, due to the use of a vented BA driver, I added a 2.0mm bass vent to the T180 shell (as the shell has no bass vent). The low end is now bumped up and is more satisfying than it was without the vent.

In that same note, the T180 is capable of a surprising amount of sub bass when EQ is used.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #2,109 of 5,890
Got my Q5 today in the mail. And wow. I am glad I went with this device. Picked it up used on the site. If there is one word that comes to mind it's CLEAN. Wow is it so so smooth and clean sounding. Everything sounds dynamic and big but with a velvetblile smoothness. :L3000::L3000:

I am running balanced output 2.5mm - it's just perfect.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #2,110 of 5,890
Got my Q5 today in the mail. And wow. I am glad I went with this device. Picked it up used on the site. If there is one word that comes to mind it's CLEAN. Wow is it so so smooth and clean sounding. Everything sounds dynamic and big but with a velvetblile smoothness. :L3000::L3000:

It's a wonderful combo for sure.

Enjoy

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #2,111 of 5,890

I prefer the v30 because the q5 add a bit more warmth to the sound for my ears. But I have not used my balanced cable so I will try that tomorrow

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,112 of 5,890
I prefer the v30 because the q5 add a bit more warmth to the sound for my ears. But I have not used my balanced cable so I will try that tomorrow
I think q5 and q5s is pretty neutral and colorless

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #2,114 of 5,890
I find the V30 to be lacking in comparison to my Fiio 10K, that is what made me start looking into a better Dac / amp setup. The V30 has less sound-stage, and overall dynamics in comparison to the E10k. I haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison but, I can hear already the Q5 is a couple notches better than both.

As far as the stack goes, I have it stacked with my V30 as it's my "DAP". The stack fits in the hand nice, it feels like a normal DAP basically. I have a new OTG otw I will post pics when i get it, my OTG cable now is too long.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #2,115 of 5,890
I find the V30 to be lacking in comparison to my Fiio 10K, that is what made me start looking into a better Dac / amp setup. The V30 has less sound-stage, and overall dynamics in comparison to the E10k. I haven't had a chance to do a direct comparison but, I can hear already the Q5 is a couple notches better than both.

As far as the stack goes, I have it stacked with my V30 as it's my "DAP". The stack fits in the hand nice, it feels like a normal DAP basically. I have a new OTG otw I will post pics when i get it, my OTG cable now is too long.

People will always like cell phones are they seem like an "all in one solution" but honestly a cell phone just will never really compare or can compete with a pure DAP. Phones were never intended or implemented for pure audio regardless their claims, hence the common statements like, noise, no-sound-stage, timbre, dynamics, depth, etc as complaints. I know some can not afford a pure DAP but a cell phone will just never be in the same league. Never will anyone say I prefer my Motorola phone over my AK or Cowon or Fiio etc DAP and if they do I have to say they are running it wrong or something else is the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back