AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #2,087 of 5,890
I have listened to it many times from different stores and friends. But no I do not own it. But the impressions were from a good 2 days having the IER M7 and T800 together.

I see. Not on sony side, Im open to any great IEM but M7 really iem that grows on you slowly, if to be compared AB ing even with andromeda, they will sound more "boring". But the strongest point of M7 / M9 are their precision accuracy with very exceptional layering + depth + imaging and smoothness all accross frequency. This is also I learnt something new that i dont necessarily always need larger soundstage. Not the soundstage in M7 are narrow, it is wide but at very nice point, like a stage. They were created for stage performance at first place. Pin pointing always at the best I have ever heard. The one i notice differences when you crank up on very high volume on M7, like they never sounds harsh or tiring at all, even on trebles range, very very smooth. I think its about their damper which is "only sponge" but they did their homework at R&D section. And I'm really love their overall balance presentation.
Im pretty much settled on my M7 and pick this over Andromeda.

I always curious about T800 but hesitate because I already own M7 and previous comments about T800 vs andromeda vs M7, he liked T800 over Andromeda but tough call vs M7. And 1 user also stated maybe m7 still better than his T800 but T800 has more great value.
I couldn't agree more at $300 this T800 is crazy value on another level than normal chifi.
Second thing that made me hesitate is trebles presentation that rather on bright side from what I've read. Again I never listen or try, because I need to buy one if I want to try.

Thanks for your impressions

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #2,088 of 5,890
My Fiio Q5 will arrive Monday! I am super stoked to try it out! Just ordered a balanced cable too!

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #2,089 of 5,890
I see. Not on sony side, Im open to any great IEM but M7 really iem that grows on you slowly, if to be compared AB ing even with andromeda, they will sound more "boring". But the strongest point of M7 / M9 are their precision accuracy with very exceptional layering + depth + imaging and smoothness all accross frequency. This is also I learnt something new that i dont necessarily always need larger soundstage. Not the soundstage in M7 are narrow, it is wide but at very nice point, like a stage. They were created for stage performance at first place. Pin pointing always at the best I have ever heard. The one i notice differences when you crank up on very high volume on M7, like they never sounds harsh or tiring at all, even on trebles range, very very smooth. I think its about their damper which is "only sponge" but they did their homework at R&D section. And I'm really love their overall balance presentation.
Im pretty much settled on my M7 and pick this over Andromeda.

I always curious about T800 but hesitate because I already own M7 and previous comments about T800 vs andromeda vs M7, he liked T800 over Andromeda but tough call vs M7. And 1 user also stated maybe m7 still better than his T800 but T800 has more great value.
I couldn't agree more at $300 this T800 is crazy value on another level than normal chifi.
Second thing that made me hesitate is trebles presentation that rather on bright side from what I've read. Again I never listen or try, because I need to buy one if I want to try.

Thanks for your impressions
Ohh no no no, I prefer the M7 more to the Andromeda, I actually really like the tuning of the M7 alot, its slighty more relaxed than the T800, closee to neautral and defs not boring to my ears. It's a great iem. But everyones ears are very different. I personaly would choose the T800 over the IER M7 as I like the treble presentation more. I'd also choose the T800 over the Andros as the andros and my ears don't mix well. But if you have the IER M7 I'd say honestly no need to go for the T800. Both are great iems and each have their postives and negatives. To me I did like the extra thickness the IER M7 have in the mids compared to the T800 but t800 still to me I like more. Everyone hears different, but I'd say from my personal expereince, the IER M7 are great iems, if you have them, be happy, the T800 arent needed unless you can afford them haha. But I'd say better off getting a nicer dac or dap :)

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #2,090 of 5,890
Ohh no no no, I prefer the M7 more to the Andromeda, I actually really like the tuning of the M7 alot, its slighty more relaxed than the T800, closee to neautral and defs not boring to my ears. It's a great iem. But everyones ears are very different. I personaly would choose the T800 over the IER M7 as I like the treble presentation more. I'd also choose the T800 over the Andros as the andros and my ears don't mix well. But if you have the IER M7 I'd say honestly no need to go for the T800. Both are great iems and each have their postives and negatives. To me I did like the extra thickness the IER M7 have in the mids compared to the T800 but t800 still to me I like more. Everyone hears different, but I'd say from my personal expereince, the IER M7 are great iems, if you have them, be happy, the T800 arent needed unless you can afford them haha. But I'd say better off getting a nicer dac or dap :)

Alright then, thanks again for your 2 cents. Yeah i dont think I need the T800 actually, just need to kill my curiosity. I guess someday when they come up with more refined 10 drivers T1000 comes out, i might be give them a shot. while saving money of course!

Sep 14, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #2,091 of 5,890
With the spirals I'm finding the bass is more punchy rather than tamed.
Maybe because the treble isn't as harsh I can perceive the range better.
I can listen to the t800 for hours now which I could not before by a long way

I am shocked quite at the difference these have made Vs the spintfit cp100 I was using before
I can now enjoy the details in the upper range

Just listened to my favourite tracks from the star wars soundtracks. The positioning of the various elements is there now and I can enjoy strings heavy pieces without that piercing harshness

Amazing set now

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,092 of 5,890
With the spirals I'm finding the bass is more punchy rather than tamed.
Maybe because the treble isn't as harsh I can perceive the range better.
I can listen to the t800 for hours now which I could not before by a long way

I am shocked quite at the difference these have made Vs the spintfit cp100 I was using before
I can now enjoy the details in the upper range

Just listened to my favourite tracks from the star wars soundtracks. The positioning of the various elements is there now and I can enjoy strings heavy pieces without that piercing harshness

Amazing set now

Cp100 makes the treble way way way too harsh

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #2,093 of 5,890
Sep 14, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #2,094 of 5,890
Sep 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #2,098 of 5,890
Get the cp100z with the shorter stem
Think it's the bore size rather than the length. I've got 6 different tips i have tried before the spiral dots:
Spinfit CP145, CP100, CP240, Mandarin Symbio W, Final Type E, stock/supplied

All were harsh on the treble to my ears - i was kinda resigned to having to EQ them to calm it down.

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #2,099 of 5,890
Think it's the bore size rather than the length. I've got 6 different tips i have tried before the spiral dots:

All were harsh on the treble to my ears - i was kinda resigned to having to EQ them to calm it down.

I have both cp100z and cp100 and the z with the shorter stem. Are definitely less harsh.

Did a quick review a few pages back

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #2,100 of 5,890

Did you try Auvios?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back