AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #2,041 of 5,890
Just got my SilverFi IEM-X cables back from plussound.

OMG the T800 are alive :astonished:

1DBUe1al.jpg

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #2,042 of 5,890
Shortly I’ll finally be able to order some T800s, is there a preferred cable composition universally accepted, all copper or silver and copper, etc?
Are any cables sold by Audiosense that are clearly better?

The plan is order everything at the same time and with the DHL option in play if Audiosense has a awesome upgraded cable to add it in!
Thanks

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #2,043 of 5,890
Shortly I’ll finally be able to order some T800s, is there a preferred cable composition universally accepted, all copper or silver and copper, etc?

The plan is order everything at the same time and with the DHL option in play if Audiosense has a awesome upgraded cable to add it in!
Thanks
I think the silver-plated copper cable is pretty good. Try it first before you order something else.

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #2,045 of 5,890
Is that the stock cable? Do you have links you can share to find these if they are not typically stock?

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #2,047 of 5,890
There are other options for people who don't wish to mess with directly adding, removing filters. Additional benefit is free tips, treble adjustment for those who maybe treble sensitive, and easy to remove/add on. No need to play with the internal bore or remove anything internal on the T800.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ostry+filters&ref=nb_sb_noss

You can tune however you like via 3 different ways. Blues have almost no effect but have a metal mesh, while the red reduce treble a bit and the black cut a lot of the treble out being fabric. Note, these have a narrow bore filter inside the tips and are removable.
I would like to THINK YOU.
Your tip about the Ostry ear tips was right on!
Loving them.

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #2,048 of 5,890

Thanks

The latest batch of T800 I heard comes with an upgraded SPC. They add a spare copper cable inside the packaging too.
I think the cables included with the latest batch of T800 are the ones they sell seperately on their AE store, but mine was the pioneer batch of T800s, so maybe someone can confirm this.

I know there are 2 camps regarding whether cables will really change the sound signature, and I respect both views. But personally I find copper cables tame the treble a bit compared to silver cables. But the difference is not light and day, and eartips and dampers will make a more marked difference in sound IMHO. Just try the stock cables first and see if u like it.

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,050 of 5,890
Thanks folks, I really appreciate the help!

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #2,051 of 5,890
for t800 im using the largest of the stock silicone tips. does anyone know the diameter? i want to order jvc spiral dots. what size should i get?

I had to size up on the spiral dots. Small on stock and most tips. Medium small on the spiral dot. I remember seeing a post of something in the diameter of spirals dots. Will try to find it

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #2,053 of 5,890
The latest batch of T800 I heard comes with an upgraded SPC. They add a spare copper cable inside the packaging too.
I think the cables included with the latest batch of T800 are the ones they sell seperately on their AE store, but mine was the pioneer batch of T800s, so maybe someone can confirm this.

I know there are 2 camps regarding whether cables will really change the sound signature, and I respect both views. But personally I find copper cables tame the treble a bit compared to silver cables. But the difference is not light and day, and eartips and dampers will make a more marked difference in sound IMHO. Just try the stock cables first and see if u like it.

agree 100%
listen w/ the stock cable first. but definitely play around w/ different eartips to see which gives you the preferred sound signature. This is also my personal opinion, but I don't see the need to change filters/dampers either bc you can effectively change the sound signature simply by changing ear tips. I am using a custom $80 copper/silver mix cable, & while I do notice a difference over stock, it's not nearly as noticeable as what my $15 spiral dots do.

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #2,054 of 5,890

Yes the newer batch of T800 come with the cables Audiosense sell. Nice lightweight but good cables. I use the ISN S16 though but no need for a cable change as the stock cables are great :). And I defs agree, tips and dampers do the biggest sound tuning as for cables its small on each frequency but it does add up to a difference. For me the ISN S16 gives an improvement of about 30% on the sounds as a whole. It's not immediatly noticeble untill you really listen. But the tips is what gave bigger jump, more low end, forward mids, smoother treble. Or too much low end, mids sound like doo doo, treble rape.

Sep 13, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,055 of 5,890

Users who are viewing this thread

Back