AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,846 of 5,890
Okay I've had the grey dampers with the T800 for 2 weeks now so I thought I'd try to leave my impressions of it. I've pretty much settled in now.

Setup - stock tips size small and 4 core copper cable

Bass - when called for it's there.. sub bass and mid bass are linear and good texture and sounds full with good extensions. Same or a hair less then stock

Mids - good, strings, vocals sounds clear and in position as it should be. May sound like a smidge back on some songs.. not sure if it's the recording or earphones.. pushed up a bit more than stock

Highs - airy, clear, detailed and no sibilance (I dont hear the extra ss or shh). No harshness to it but it is on the brighter side. Never hurts my ears. Star of the show. I'm not sure if I should say its brighter.. but definitely more clear... female vocals sounds amazing.

Sound stage is noticeably bigger and more detailed then stock.i am a curious guy and always want to listen to expensive iems and fiddle with what I have but honestly for 2 weeks now I've been in my own happy bliss.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #1,851 of 5,890
So, omg... I can not believe how fast these things are shipped.

I ordered them on Sunday and Monday was even a Holiday - and they look like they will make it here TODAY!!! I have NEVER seen ANYTHING ship that fast from China. That's crazy good!! Super impressed by the shipping methods of Audiosense.

My tracking says it just left Indianapolis. I live in Ohio so, there is a good chance they make it today... Tomorrow at the latest! It made it through customs in a couple hours.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #1,852 of 5,890
So, omg... I can not believe how fast these things are shipped.

I ordered them on Sunday and Monday was even a Holiday - and they look like they will make it here TODAY!!! I have NEVER seen ANYTHING ship that fast from China. That's crazy good!! Super impressed by the shipping methods of Audiosense.

My tracking says it just left Indianapolis. I live in Ohio so, there is a good chance they make it today... Tomorrow at the latest! It made it through customs in a couple hours.
They are shipping through DHL Express so its pretty fast. I’m at Singapore and i usually receive stuff from them within 3 days. Hope you enjoy your new iems!

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #1,853 of 5,890
Actually, no.... It's Fedex IP. It's the default for Audiosense shipping to US.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,855 of 5,890
Made it to USA from China in 3 days before 9am even....

20190904_090650_HDR.jpg

So, very first impressions...

They sound like garbage on the LG V30 using both reg mode and aux mode. Haven't tried the HIM mode yet but can't imagine it gets better. I thought there was something wrong with them even, they get super distorted in the bass. I mean, it made them sound like they were broken. Not sure what I am going to do with my mobile setup now.

I am listening to them on my PC chain - Topping D10 + Liquid Spark = Magic! They do sound great here. I am listening to Yosi Horikawa and I have never heard "Wandering" sound like this, so much separation between the sounds. Same way with the "Bubbles" track - most headphones are on the verge of sounding messy but, this is super clean.

Also... Not sure why there is so much talk about them being over treble. I think it's balanced, doesn't seem in your face much at all. My hearing is good up to 17k so I would think I should be hearing it.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #1,857 of 5,890
Also... Not sure why there is so much talk about them being over treble. I think it's balanced, doesn't seem in your face much at all. My hearing is good up to 17k so I would think I should be hearing it.
It is a bit treble boosted but I'm sure that part of the problem is because some people were not using good sources to drive these (as it didn't work well on LG V30 for you), resulting in a quite distorted treble boosted feeling.

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,858 of 5,890
The Sonata HD DAC doesn't sound great either. It's better than the v30 but still distorts a bit. E10k sounds good as does my PC chain. I just gotta find a new mobile DAC now. Maybe a DAP I don't know. It's going to need to be something clean. Would rather have a dongle size thing for my phone's USBc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back