AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #17 of 5,890
I agree fully about the mids,it's really transparent.
What do you think about the sub bass? Isn't it really good for a BA? To me it actually reminds me a little bit of a dynamic driver cause it don't have"dry" bass that is typical of most BA designs.
Must be because it is a vented design i think.
man, the mids are so smooth, beautiful, layers and layers to the whole sound, that is not your typical chi fi, reminds me off the HD650 a bit

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #18 of 5,890
I agree fully about the mids,it's really transparent.
What do you think about the sub bass? Isn't it really good for a BA? To me it actually reminds me a little bit of a dynamic driver cause it don't have"dry" bass that is typical of most BA designs.
Must be because it is a vented design i think.
the bass is great, it goes lower than all of my BA in ears, the treble is clean and smooth but with added sparkle, cymbals sound very realistic and natural, that is an amazing earphone, it is very detailed but smooth and musical, i have another one that is smooth and very detailed (HQ10) but it has boosted mid bass and it is rolled of in the sub bass region, T800 is the better earphone for sure
also i don't need to EQ the T800, they are just very well tuned

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 5,890
the bass is great, it goes lower than all of my BA in ears, the treble is clean and smooth but with added sparkle, cymbals sound very realistic and natural, that is an amazing earphone, it is very detailed but smooth and musical, i have another one that is smooth and very detailed (HQ10) but it has boosted mid bass and it is rolled of in the sub bass region, T800 is the better earphone for sure
also i don't need to EQ the T800, they are just very well tuned
So they know how to tune

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 5,890
they sure know, i bet that their other models are excellent too, the 3 and 2 driver models use that yummy huge knowles woofer, i have to resist

I want to know more about the T300, 3 drivers one, are they as good as T800?

Is the T800 bass light? big sub bass? well texture? punchy? mid bass bleed? really curious about T800 also but I don't know if I would spent that much right now, or just saving up for a TOTL iems. Waiting for your detailed reviews and comparisons later on buddy

Jun 27, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 5,890

Is the T800 bass light? big sub bass? well texture? punchy? mid bass bleed? really curious about T800 also but I don't know if I would spent that much right now, or just saving up for a TOTL iems. Waiting for your detailed reviews and comparisons later on buddy
i don't have the T300 and cant comment, T800 is not bass light, it has right amount of bass, more than typical DF target, less than Harman target, the bass is well textured and punchy, no mid bass bleed, the mid bass is under control

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #24 of 5,890
Well i actually have the T300 to,but i have not listened to it very much yet ( been using the T800 nonstop) but i can write a few words atleast.
The tuning is quite different to the 800. Where the 800 is very open sounding in the midrange,the 300 is more closed in and not very spacious. The bass is a bit elevated,but is not a bass head iem. The bass sound like a typica BA bass,dry and pretty fast

i guess it.s pretty good for the Money,but it is not my prefered tuning . It's an easy listen as least.
I feel it's an missed opportunity because there is pretty good drivers in there… But of course YMMV
On a more serious problem,at least for me,is that the stem is extremely narrow. So none of the usual tips you have laying around will fit. so
if you like me Changes tips for fine tuning,well forget about that.
I have worked around that problem for now with the use of tape around the stem to thicken it.But i Think it's a bad idea from Audiosense to build it like this.
If you have a 100 usd burning in you're pocket,use it elsewhere is my advice

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #25 of 5,890
Well i actually have the T300 to,but i have not listened to it very much yet ( been using the T800 nonstop) but i can write a few words atleast.
The tuning is quite different to the 800. Where the 800 is very open sounding in the midrange,the 300 is more closed in and not very spacious. The bass is a bit elevated,but is not a bass head iem. The bass sound like a typica BA bass,dry and pretty fast

i guess it.s pretty good for the Money,but it is not my prefered tuning . It's an easy listen as least.
I feel it's an missed opportunity because there is pretty good drivers in there… But of course YMMV
On a more serious problem,at least for me,is that the stem is extremely narrow. So none of the usual tips you have laying around will fit. so
if you like me Changes tips for fine tuning,well forget about that.
I have worked around that problem for now with the use of tape around the stem to thicken it.But i Think it's a bad idea from Audiosense to build it like this.
If you have a 100 usd burning in you're pocket,use it elsewhere is my advice

Thanks for your quick honest answer, I found one impression too that T300's mids seems recessed, not my liking. I like what you're describing about T800, open sounding, forward and clear mids and technical details like soundstage, imaging, clarity, textures.
I think what made the T800 sounds very special are chambers and vents. Will pay attention more to the T800 then. Waiting for more reviews and FR

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #28 of 5,890
I don't have the Kanas Pro, will have the regular Kanas soon (probably today), will compare them after work

By memory of your past KP? not accurate enough but, get roughly comparison

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 5,890
FastAndClean.
Audiosense and Knowles tuners clearly got the tuning right on this set,and you obviously don't need crossovers for making an IEM sound good.
Do you have any idea if there are any advantages NOT using crossovers?
I mean there has to be a reason for them to go the extra mile and laborate with the tubes like they done here?
I don't have the technical know how for this kind of question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back