AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #1,381 of 5,890
Thanks for the picture :) . How is the sub bass on the T800? I have a feeling that it is more focued on the sub rather than the mid bass which I like a lot. The Oriveti New Primacy are tuned like that but use a dynamic. So I can't wait to hear the T800. Would someone be willing to listen to a song for me on youtube? Ams great thing is that it's a very very very very good quality song and should test sub bass punch and soundstage/imaging of the T800. It's Hard Trance but I'd like to know if it sounds great as it's one of my favourite tracks. It's

Sinith & Ultraform - The Night After.

The chanel on youtube is TrueHardtranceSounds.
it is a sub bass focus for sure, it has some mid bass emphasis but less than the sub bass, the difference from dynamic driver bass is the control, it is just so well controlled

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #1,382 of 5,890
Thanks for the picture :) . How is the sub bass on the T800? I have a feeling that it is more focued on the sub rather than the mid bass which I like a lot. The Oriveti New Primacy are tuned like that but use a dynamic. So I can't wait to hear the T800. Would someone be willing to listen to a song for me on youtube? Ams great thing is that it's a very very very very good quality song and should test sub bass punch and soundstage/imaging of the T800. It's Hard Trance but I'd like to know if it sounds great as it's one of my favourite tracks. It's

Sinith & Ultraform - The Night After.

The chanel on youtube is TrueHardtranceSounds.

Hi I just did a listen for your youtube track as above via PC with a Sonata HD DAC. I hardly listen to trance, but the subbass on this song is clean, with great precision and punch on the T800. Imaging and soundstage is great IMHO. Definitely subbass is of greater quantity than the midbass in the T800. As @FastAndClean has said, the bass on the T800 is definitely more controlled than a usual DD bass but still has great punch.
Do bear in mind that it is a youtube file and T800 definitely can draw more details with higher quality sources/files.

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #1,385 of 5,890
Hi I just did a listen for your youtube track as above via PC with a Sonata HD DAC. I hardly listen to trance, but the subbass on this song is clean, with great precision and punch on the T800. Imaging and soundstage is great IMHO. Definitely subbass is of greater quantity than the midbass in the T800. As @FastAndClean has said, the bass on the T800 is definitely more controlled than a usual DD bass but still has great punch.
Do bear in mind that it is a youtube file and T800 definitely can draw more details with higher quality sources/files.
Yeah, I have this song on Flac so basically original recording of the track and compared to youtube, there is a big difference from what I hear. If the T800 handle the YT though, I know for sure it's going to sound great. The wait is killing me, being a student is hard :'( . But this Thursday coming I'll pull the trigger and order them.

Aug 17, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,386 of 5,890
me too, that is the reason why i like Moondrop Kanas so much, it has similar sub bass boost but it is even bigger, it can get brutal hah
I was originally going to go for the Moondrop KXXS, but I decided that T800 is exactly what I want. I have been wanting something crystal clear for a very long time. And honestly not many iems under 300 give clarity as I think the T800 would. Like what a gem I think it is. Lows that rumble and kick nicely with amazing detail and tightness and speed. Mids that are crystal clear and very detailed as well and treble that is amazingly detailed and extends amazingly as well? For $300? Howwww. A fun sound signature with amazing clarity. My ears are dying to hear them

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #1,387 of 5,890
Yeah, I have this song on Flac so basically original recording of the track and compared to youtube, there is a big difference from what I hear. If the T800 handle the YT though, I know for sure it's going to sound great. The wait is killing me, being a student is hard :'( . But this Thursday coming I'll pull the trigger and order them.

I can fully understand that being a student, it is not easy to afford audio stuff. I was in your shoes a decade ago and had to scrimp and save just to get enough money to buy my first entry IEM, the Westone UM pro 1. Which in today's terms would not even compare sound quality wise to a sub 30 usd Chifi IEM lol. I'm so very thankful the Chifi companies can give us reasonable prices for audiophile quality today.

But the T800 is definitely worth every penny IMHO. I would have paid more than the 298 usd after hearing it. If u not treble sensitive it is a great buy for price to performance ratio and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,388 of 5,890
Have found my favourite combo so far.

T800 with MS Spiral Dots + custom 8 core neotech upocc

So much details with nx4 dsd, wide wide soundstage with bass that's so close to dynamic driver. The highs have tamed down after approximate 24 hours of listening (will try the stock spc cable again soon). With my modded dx50, there's just a touch more warmth and lesser treble

The T800 have made me not miss my um miracle. Very happy purchase so far

IMG_20190817_170357.jpg

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #1,389 of 5,890

So much details with nx4 dsd, wide wide soundstage with bass that's so close to dynamic driver. The highs have tamed down after approximate 24 hours of listening (will try the stock spc cable again soon). With my modded dx50, there's just a touch more warmth and lesser treble

beautiful

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #1,390 of 5,890
I can fully understand that being a student, it is not easy to afford audio stuff. I was in your shoes a decade ago and had to scrimp and save just to get enough money to buy my first entry IEM, the Westone UM pro 1. Which in today's terms would not even compare sound quality wise to a sub 30 usd Chifi IEM lol. I'm so very thankful the Chifi companies can give us reasonable prices for audiophile quality today.

But the T800 is definitely worth every penny IMHO. I would have paid more than the 298 usd after hearing it. If u not treble sensitive it is a great buy for price to performance ratio and I'm sure you won't regret it.
It has been a struggle but slowly I manage haha, my first proper headphone into this amazing world of audio gear were the RHA T10i, that was when. Please no judges here haha. When I was into beats headphones/iems LOL. But I ended up selling them and then moved to some Fidelio X2. Bought myself a Cayin C5 dac/amp to drive them and that was my set up for a while. After that I started to get to know what type of sound sig I liked more, if I liked V or U shaped sound signatures, if I liked lows to be elevated, mids to be forward and same goes with treble. So I sold my Fidelio X2, sold my Cayin C5 and got my self some Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro with a furutech adl stride dac and Elemental Watson Tube amp. That was my set up for a while and still have the Watson and DT1990 untill now. I loved the sound from the 1990 so much I got myself some Xelentos and still have them untill now. In 2017 thats when things got good for me and I got myself the Oriveti New Primacy, it was my first step into chifi. They became my daily drivers and I have grown to love them like a baby haha, absolutely love the sound of them. I then sold my furutech and got myself the Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus as a dac and now I am here to get myself the T800. So I can't wait to compare them with the Xelento and DT1990 pro. The Oriveti New Primacy wowd me and I saw how good chifi could really be. No it wasnt Xelento or DT1990 level, but sure was very close. Now 2 years later here we are. 8 knowles drivers for 300 usd. The Oriveti New Primacy use 2 knowles and 1 dynamic and when them came out they were more expensive. I have a big feeling the T800 are going to blow the Xelento out of the water :wink:

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #1,391 of 5,890
It has been a struggle but slowly I manage haha, my first proper headphone into this amazing world of audio gear were the RHA T10i, that was when. Please no judges here haha. When I was into beats headphones/iems LOL. But I ended up selling them and then moved to some Fidelio X2. Bought myself a Cayin C5 dac/amp to drive them and that was my set up for a while. After that I started to get to know what type of sound sig I liked more, if I liked V or U shaped sound signatures, if I liked lows to be elevated, mids to be forward and same goes with treble. So I sold my Fidelio X2, sold my Cayin C5 and got my self some Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro with a furutech adl stride dac and Elemental Watson Tube amp. That was my set up for a while and still have the Watson and DT1990 untill now. I loved the sound from the 1990 so much I got myself some Xelentos and still have them untill now. In 2017 thats when things got good for me and I got myself the Oriveti New Primacy, it was my first step into chifi. They became my daily drivers and I have grown to love them like a baby haha, absolutely love the sound of them. I then sold my furutech and got myself the Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus as a dac and now I am here to get myself the T800. So I can't wait to compare them with the Xelento and DT1990 pro. The Oriveti New Primacy wowd me and I saw how good chifi could really be. No it wasnt Xelento or DT1990 level, but sure was very close. Now 2 years later here we are. 8 knowles drivers for 300 usd. The Oriveti New Primacy use 2 knowles and 1 dynamic and when them came out they were more expensive. I have a big feeling the T800 are going to blow the Xelento out of the water :wink:

Nothing to be ashamed of, I was scammed into buying a Beats IEM when I was younger, and only realized it was a total waste of my hardearned cash thereafter.

I look forward to your comparisons of the T800 vs the Xelentos and other gear!

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,393 of 5,890
BGGAR ratings for August
Best ChiFi August 2019
1st - Fearless Audio Roland
Second place - Audiosense T800
number 3 - Fearless Audio Lancelot
place number 4 - Fearless Audio S8F
number 5 - Moondrop A8

So anyone else can confirm T800 better than A8? Both moondrop and audiosense are really worthy chifi brand to follow. Can't wait for their hybrid that coming soon.

Aug 17, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,394 of 5,890

That looks amazing. Where did you get that cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back