AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,831 of 5,890
Okey! Yeah, it sounds like it can be the DD or probøem with an internal wiring. Hope they treat you good though. Their customerservice is excellent and i hope that means the other way also:) their a small company so some faulty products is normal. But is very bitter for those who get them.

Every company in the world has a small percentage of QC defects. From Apple to Lamborghini, Learjet to Rolex.

Peoplw crucifying a company because of 2 defects is unrealistic and undeserved.

Oct 5, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #4,832 of 5,890
Every company in the world has a small percentage of QC defects. From Apple to Lamborghini, Learjet to Rolex.

Peoplw crucifying a company because of 2 defects is unrealistic and undeserved.
That’s the magic...al curse of the internet. Small things quickly get blown way out of proportion. How AudioSense deals with the inevitable failures that will occur with any product is far more important. It is, of course, very frustrating to the affected consumer, but I’m sure it’s very frustrating to them as well.

Oct 5, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #4,833 of 5,890
That’s the magic...al curse of the internet. Small things quickly get blown way out of proportion. How AudioSense deals with the inevitable failures that will occur with any product is far more important. It is, of course, very frustrating to the affected consumer, but I’m sure it’s very frustrating to them as well.

Well, something that needs to be considered is that Audiosense is just assembling the drivers and making the shell (along with tuning etc). They don’t make the BA drivers, Knowles does. So if a BA driver dies, isn’t that a Knowles defect not an Audiosense defect? I’m not saying it’s not Audiosense’s responsibility to address from a warranty standpoint, but some people make it sound like it’s all Audiosense.

Most of you are too young to remember the Ford Explorers with the defective tires that were causing rollovers and crashes. The defective problem was with the Firestone tires, which were not manufactured by Ford. The Firestone tires were just parts Ford bought and installed on the Explorer.

Sure, it’s a Ford vehicle and they were ultimately responsible, but the blame needed to be shared with Firestone as well.

Just like Audiosense buying Knowles drivers and installing them in the AQ7 or T800. If a Knowles driver dies due to a QC defect that is within acceptable and normal Knowles QC parameters, and Audiosense stands behind their product and replaces it under warranty, then I don’t see what the problem is. It would be unfair to bellyache that “Audiosense has bad QC”.

Oct 5, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #4,834 of 5,890
Not sure why there are so much Audiosense apologists here, especially since I don't think anything has necessarily been blown out of proportion. People are reporting the issues they have with certain units so that others can be aware and make more informed decisions.

I'm well aware how quality processes work and that issues do occur. Even more well established IEM companies have issues too. Having purchased a lot of chifi, this is the first instance I have had myself of any such issue. But as the consumer who has to deal with it, it makes me more hesitant to be one of the first to purchase a new product since most quality issue happen within the first lots. There's no point in speculating as to what the exact failure was, that's up to AS to determine. But I'm not worried that they will figure it out and satisfy their customers.

Oct 6, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #4,835 of 5,890
Not sure why there are so much Audiosense apologists here, especially since I don't think anything has necessarily been blown out of proportion. People are reporting the issues they have with certain units so that others can be aware and make more informed decisions.

Nah, not being an apologist. Just trying to keep the thread factual and based in reality.

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,836 of 5,890
Things sure went quiet about the AQ7 lately.

Let’s have some fun and get the dialogue going again...

For those of you who own the AQ7, if you could sum up the AQ7 in 1 word, what would it be? Regardless of whether you love it or hate it. It can only be 1 word though.

For me, I would say “rediscovery”. Because I am going back to songs and albums, and rediscovering some things I never heard before. Also, by digging deep into my music catalog, I am falling back in love with stuff I forgot about or haven’t listened to in a long time.

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #4,837 of 5,890

For those of you who own the AQ7, if you could sum up the AQ7 in 1 word, what would it be? Regardless of whether you love it or hate it. It can only be 1 word though.

For me, I would say “rediscovery”. Because I am going back to songs and albums, and rediscovering some things I never heard before. Also, by digging deep into my music catalog, I am falling back in love with stuff I forgot about or haven’t listened to in a long time.
no seriously, crin stooped the train, that is why the thread is quiet, but i enjoy mine immensely and that is all it matters to me in the end

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #4,839 of 5,890
no seriously, crin stooped the train, that is why the thread is quiet, but i enjoy mine immensely and that is all it matters to me in the end

42283E20-1EF0-46AC-8D10-ACD5E52BE50E.jpeg
816D98E1-C864-43D8-B5A1-807CEFDF396E.jpeg

Oct 8, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #4,841 of 5,890

My buzzword for the AQ7 would be "effortless".

Details can still be heard with good technical performance on the AQ7, despite not boosting the upper mids/treble, which is what a lot of CHIFI do to give a "fake" sense of details and clarity.

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #4,843 of 5,890
What kind of music do you guys think make the AQ7's shine the most? I listen to jazz, acoustic, indie pop, indie rock, r'n'b, soul and rap and I find that they work with everything. :ksc75smile:

Edit: also, since I've been working from home lately I've been listening to them for like six hours a day and I have experienced no fatigue whatsoever.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #4,844 of 5,890
What kind of music do you guys think make the AQ7's shine the most? I listen to jazz, acoustic, indie pop, indie rock, r'n'b, soul and rap and I find that they work with everything. :ksc75smile:

Ya i think it is good with those above genres too. I use the AQ7 for those and electronic stuff. Maybe not EDM as it doesn't have the basshead kick necessary for bass forward music.

I think AQ7 is also very good for very complex instrumentation/competing instrumentation, it has very good technicalities to shine through effortlessly. Some IEMs become a muddy mess when the music is too complex, so AQ7 is very proficient technically.

AQ7 is also quite good for vocals due to the not so depressed mids (in contrast to the usual V shaped or harmanish stuff nowadays).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back