AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #3,271 of 5,890
Do you have 1st or 2nd gen? Most of my listening is via phone. 2nd gen is supposed to have fixed power issues with mobile phones.
I have 2nd gen. It isn't really power issues. It's just that the first 3 modes are to much power for iems which results the iem to be extremely loud. But if you set replay game on a music apo to -16db. Then there is no issue.

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #3,272 of 5,890
Screenshot (422).png

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #3,274 of 5,890
So after a few months of listening to the T800. I went back to stock eartips. For me, the T800 using cable 171 and E1DA 9038s as source, the stock tips give me the most clarity, detail and treble energy. The treble doesn't feel as sharp or fatiguing anymore. It's very energetic but smooth. So much treble detail with thr stock tips. Mids are sounding really good, I feel theres more warmth but not in a bad way. Somehow it has a much more focused sound. Soundstage is slightly smaller than the other tips but this really allows me to hear much more details overall and I like this. It's a more intense, in your face experience. The JVC were spacious but sometimes I wanted more treble energy or more low end kick and while still crystal clear, I felt detail in the treble was missing. The AKG Samsung eartips give more energy but low end I wanted more. Stock eartips give this. But cable 171 opened the sound up while making low end much tighter and cleaner. It's crazy how much eartips can make. Once I recieve my Tin P1, I'll do a deeper comparison. But I think clarity with stock tips on the T800 is better. Just need a more nuetral source and cable.

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #3,275 of 5,890
So, since my t800 are being sent back for an imbalance issue, i may want to try something new. Ive always wanted to try empire ears lineup but to be honest, they seem overpriced. BUT, were starting to see phantoms go for 700 or so used. Is there anyone that can chime in on how some of the EE lineup is vs the t800? My main thing is low end here. The t800 is fine but, i want a tight punchy bass and ive always heard EE has these amazing subs. Any info is appreciated as i await a fix to my t800.

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #3,276 of 5,890
Hey folks don't know if anyones tried the AQ3 yet but definitely rec them, got mine in yesterday. Initial impression VERY smooth having come from the T800's, excellent textured deap detailed and tight bass not boomby and not a gross amount of sub, 'slight' veiled mids but really cross over nicely to the upper frequencies. At first I thought the treble a little to rolled off and missing some micro details but with a bit of amping I'm getting much more everything. If I was to surmise sweapingly almost the person love child of the Tin T4 (rediculously low fatigue like the T4 also) and the T800 adding some better micro detail retrieval, more distinct separation and accurate positioning (or just a great hybrid). Obviously not rediculous detail canons like the T800's but their much smoother 'warmer', no shoutty 6-8k peaks they've tuned the upper/mid and high frequency Knowles really nicely and can't detect any overlap between DD and BA like you can many hybrids, I wouldn't know I was wearing hybrids until I looked into it's translusant guts. The AQ3's a keeper and can always get a sweat deal if you chat to them on Ali nicely :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3,277 of 5,890
My only gripe is in an effort to actually be successful in the West and not burst everyone's eardrums, unlike 99% of other chifi brands their not ultra sensitive so if you want KZ ear blead amping to **** you will drive into distortion

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #3,279 of 5,890
So, since my t800 are being sent back for an imbalance issue, i may want to try something new. Ive always wanted to try empire ears lineup but to be honest, they seem overpriced. BUT, were starting to see phantoms go for 700 or so used. Is there anyone that can chime in on how some of the EE lineup is vs the t800? My main thing is low end here. The t800 is fine but, i want a tight punchy bass and ive always heard EE has these amazing subs. Any info is appreciated as i await a fix to my t800.
Avoid Phantom! Poorly tuned. It's really messed up how much it cost for such poor tuning. Didn't Flinick get involved with the tuning? He also ranked Spiral Ear SE5U #1. Yeah, he got bad ears.

Phantom really brought EE cred down way low.

Their bass is hard hitting. Legend X or Valkyrie.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #3,281 of 5,890
So does anyone here own the AQ3 and can give some impressions / comparisons? I'm currently searching for IEMs in that price range and those caught my eye, but there is not much info available. Thinking about the Tin T4 or the P1, but the AQ3s look quite promising.

Difficult I've got all 3, tbh I'm gunna flog the P1's, really is massively fit dependant, I have to insert so deap every time I move my.jaw it cuts out the music plus you need the power of the entire Chinese national grid to get anything meaningful from them I also prefer something a bit more engaging The T4's been my go to for a while as it simply plays everything very well, is exceedingly comfortable and very musical. It does lack some micro detail being a single dynamic and pin point accuracy I'd say the AQ3 shares many of these trates and adds that micro detail missing from the T4, possibly larger staging too, only a couple of hours in though

Jan 17, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #3,285 of 5,890
Hey folks don't know if anyones tried the AQ3 yet but definitely rec them, got mine in yesterday. Initial impression VERY smooth having come from the T800's, excellent textured deap detailed and tight bass not boomby and not a gross amount of sub, 'slight' veiled mids but really cross over nicely to the upper frequencies. At first I thought the treble a little to rolled off and missing some micro details but with a bit of amping I'm getting much more everything. If I was to surmise sweapingly almost the person love child of the Tin T4 (rediculously low fatigue like the T4 also) and the T800 adding some better micro detail retrieval, more distinct separation and accurate positioning (or just a great hybrid). Obviously not rediculous detail canons like the T800's but their much smoother 'warmer', no shoutty 6-8k peaks they've tuned the upper/mid and high frequency Knowles really nicely and can't detect any overlap between DD and BA like you can many hybrids, I wouldn't know I was wearing hybrids until I looked into it's translusant guts. The AQ3's a keeper and can always get a sweat deal if you chat to them on Ali nicely :ksc75smile:

Thanks for the first impressions. How is the timbre and note weight on the AQ3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back