AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 13, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #9,991 of 10,196
I tried emailing Linsoul about that cable and they were confused as to what I was asking. I have sent them a picture to hopefully show diagrammatically that I wish to know the diameter of the plastic sheath around the 2.5mm mono plug but they haven't got back to me yet. From my rough measurements, it cannot be any bigger than 6.5mm (preferably 6mm, as this seems to be the diameter of audioquest ones they came with).
Any luck with getting info yourself, ilianto?
Not yet sadly, I have to raise the funds first but just from the looks of it it seems like it would fit... Does Linsoul accept returns if not?

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #9,992 of 10,196
I doubt it.
they have a sale on it at the moment, but when I put it in my cart the sale price did not come up :thinking:, just the original price.
Just checked again and now it has gone back up? Weird.

Dec 27, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #9,993 of 10,196
Hey everyone. I have a pair of Nighthawk Carbons and am looking for a replacement cable that is longer and not so self-twisting. I've never bought any aftermarket party cables before, so am not sure where to even begin. I'd like to not change the sound signature at all. Ideas?

Dec 27, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #9,994 of 10,196
Hey everyone. I have a pair of Nighthawk Carbons and am looking for a replacement cable that is longer and not so self-twisting. I've never bought any aftermarket party cables before, so am not sure where to even begin. I'd like to not change the sound signature at all. Ideas?
This is the cable I have had on mine for years. No change.

https://periaptcables.com/products/2-type-2-dual-2-5mm

Jan 2, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #9,996 of 10,196
Pulled out my Nighthawk Carbon tonight. These are such a lovely sounding headphone.

Does anyone know where I can find a balanced cable that would work on a Pono player?

Jan 2, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #9,997 of 10,196
Jan 2, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #9,998 of 10,196

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #10,000 of 10,196
Any idea where one can purchase replacement headbands from For the liquid wood NH version ? Thanks
Yeah mine have cacked it....I've got replacement ear pads but now I just need to redo the headband as the underside has deteriorated!

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #10,001 of 10,196
Any idea where one can purchase replacement headbands from For the liquid wood NH version ? Thanks
Like @volly , and maybe yourself, the headband on my liquid woods have been in a disintegrated state for a long minute. Aside the OG long cable, might be the only other major, long-term weakness of these headphones. I reached out to AQ customer service U.S. in late 2021, even sending pictures to their engineers. However it led nowhere. It seems we’ve hit the EOL wall but if you figure something out besides buying a whole new/lightly used pair, please share. :)

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #10,002 of 10,196
i need some new pads for mine.

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #10,003 of 10,196
Like @volly , and maybe yourself, the headband on my liquid woods have been in a disintegrated state for a long minute. Aside the OG long cable, might be the only other major, long-term weakness of these headphones. I reached out to AQ customer service U.S. in late 2021, even sending pictures to their engineers. However it led nowhere. It seems we’ve hit the EOL wall but if you figure something out besides buying a whole new/lightly used pair, please share. :)
I have my birds in cryo-status for a long while now due to these issues....I love them so much....breaks my heart and ears not to hear them and wear them on my head!

I'll probably have to take the headband piece to see my wife's uncle that works with leather to get a professional job done there but for now I have not found an alternative!

Dark days.... :eagle:

Jan 23, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #10,004 of 10,196
i need some new pads for mine.
I ended up getting replacement pads for Shure SRH 940 (I think) and they worked fine. Decent fit, very comfortable, still sound fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back