AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 20, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #4,486 of 10,194
Hey there Naugrim,

I run the same setup Mojo/Nighthawk for all my headphone listening, including gaming.
I have my PS4 connected to Mojo via toslink.
I think that Mojo improves the gaming experience even more than music.
The highly dynamic sound in games is where Mojo shines even more.
Soundstage, depth perception and spartial cues of the Combo are also top notch for gaming, IMHO.

I do run Mojo with my active Riva Turbo X in a desktop setup and switch between Headphone/Desktop use.
I don't know the maximum Vrms of your speakers, but in my case it's 2.0Vrms so I run 4 clicks down from line level... This will be remembered, unlike line level, after turning off Mojo.

IN THIS CASE YOU MUST ALWAYS REMEMBER TO ADJUST THE VOLUME WHEN SWITCHING TO HEADPHONE !

That's the only inconvenience I can think of, so if you can deal with that, Mojo alone should suit you well!

Cheers

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #4,487 of 10,194
oh and here is another deal on the Nighthawks... 299€...please don't tell me how much this equals for Americans :)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00TFGW238/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1479654596&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Audioquest

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #4,488 of 10,194
I've been away from the site for a while (life got crazy for me) but I wondering what NightHawk owners that have tried the new all protein leather pads have thought about any changes they've made in the sound of the original NH's. The NH's are my go-to headphone but I still curious if the new AudioQuest pads changed the sound much at all. Thank you. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,489 of 10,194
  I've been away from the site for a while (life got crazy for me) but I wondering what NightHawk owners that have tried the new all protein leather pads have thought about any changes they've made in the sound of the original NH's. The NH's are my go-to headphone but I still curious if the new AudioQuest pads changed the sound much at all. Thank you. 

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the Nighthawk's come with protein leather pads stock. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #4,490 of 10,194

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the Nighthawk's come with protein leather pads stock. 

I'm sorry, I assumed that since the newer NightHawk Carbon comes with two sets of pads, one of them being all protein leather that those pads were available now for the original NH's as well and some may have heard them. The outer portion of the pads are protein leather on the original NH's but that inner ring is a different material.  It's my bad for not keeping up and seeing that AQ is advertising the newer can's and thinking that the other pads must be out there now. Carry on. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #4,491 of 10,194
Recently joined the Nighthawk club and loving them big time! Does anyone know when the Nightowl cable and pads will be available to purchase separately for my 'Hawks.

Why didn't these come out 3 years ago when I started this quest - my wallet needs a break!

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #4,493 of 10,194
I know, they are awesome...got them at the discounted price too and it's an amazing deal for what you get.   I am too looking forward to trying out the new micro-suede pads and cable, but I guess they are a little behind on production schedule.  I am also not sure whether they will be sold as separate accessories after the Carbon/Own roll-out, or around the same time. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #4,499 of 10,194
  I'd have to agree. I've tried most up to HD800, T1/T5p, LCD2 etc. None of them kept me hooked.

Thanks. Look forward to keeping up to date on this forum.

Same with me.  I prefer the NightHawk vs the LCD-2/HD800.

I had the chance to try the Focal Utopia last week and it's probably the only headphones that I would want to buy in the future but they are $5000 here in Canada.  The Utopia are really amazing but they are so overpriced, especially versus the sound quality that you can get with the NightHawk for 1/10 of the price.  But I could say the same thing about the price of the LCD-4/HE1000/MrSpeakers Ether Flow, etc.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back