AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 29, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #6,151 of 10,196
So...Anybody having issues with the new "Mic" cable? My button function has completely quit working??? Tried resetting the phone, cleaning the ends, etc. no luck? Anybody else having any issues? Thanks!

PS - Using an iPhone 6S

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #6,153 of 10,196
Yup, I do have both and will test out pad swapping soon...

I've got all three and can test them out with both NH and NO.

Thanks, nmatheis!!!

bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #6,157 of 10,196
Not to my ears. Between the Microsuede and Protein leather, the leather has less bass and more treble. I've never heard the hybrid pads.

While what you are hearing between the MS and PL pads may not be the consensus of the folks here, I believe that you are hearing what you are hearing.
I think we can agree that we all hear somewhat differently!

Jan 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #6,158 of 10,196
While what you are hearing between the MS and PL pads may not be the consensus of the folks here, I believe that you are hearing what you are hearing.
I think we can agree that we all hear somewhat differently!

An increase or decrease in bass is not a subjective thing. It can be objectively measured. Can anyone on here with the right equipment measure the bass response between the ultrasuede and Boost pads? NOT the hybrid/classic.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #6,159 of 10,196
An increase or decrease in bass is not a subjective thing. It can be objectively measured. Can anyone on here with the right equipment measure the bass response between the ultrasuede and Boost pads? NOT the hybrid/classic.

Fair enough..........

If  the measurements do (or do not) agree with what your ears are telling you, will you go with the measurements or your ears?

blink.gif

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #6,160 of 10,196
Fair enough..........

If  the measurements do (or do not) agree with what your ears are telling you, will you go with the measurements or your ears?

:blink:

I'm as objective as they come. I'm going with the measurements. But it would be great if Skylar chimed in. An increase in bass vs a decrease in bass are literally opposite actions. How can we be so divided? I find that weird.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #6,161 of 10,196
I'm as objective as they come. I'm going with the measurements. But it would be great if Skylar chimed in. An increase in bass vs a decrease in bass are literally opposite actions. How can we be so divided? I find that weird.

As you have NO and most of us have NH, perhaps the folks on the NO forum could chime in on what they hear (more or less bass) with both sets of pads.

nmatheis has the NH and NO + all 3 sets of pads.  I know you only have the Protein Leather (aka 'boost') and Microsuede (aka US or ultrasuede) pads. His results are one mans opinion, but I will find it interesting at any rate.

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #6,162 of 10,196
As you have NO and most of us have NH, perhaps the folks on the NO forum could chime in on what they hear (more or less bass) with both sets of pads.

nmatheis has the NH and NO + all 3 sets of pads.  I know you only have the Protein Leather (aka 'boost') and Microsuede (aka US or ultrasuede) pads. His results are one mans opinion, but I will find it interesting at any rate.

Me too. There's not much chatter on those other threads. I just don't think there are very many Nightowl owners yet. That's why I've been bugging you guys over here :smiley:

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #6,165 of 10,196
People can talk about soundstage all they want but listen to Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin with the Nightowls. If the soundstage were any wider it would sound disjointed and weird. I'd love to be able to hear the hd800 just for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back