Audioquest Dragonfly which OTH headphone HD600 or AKG550
Sep 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nigel801

500+ Head-Fier
I purchased recently AQ Dragonfly and very happy with SQ and portability and it works great with my Shure SE535 now I am looking for OTH heaphone and have shortlisted two models, Sennheiser HD600 and AKG 550 but not sure which will work best hence looking for some experiences.

I tried Grado SR80 and found SQ not as great as my Shure SE535, so get the impression that AQ DF has some compatibility requirement to get the best out of it.

Please share your experience and help me out. Thanks

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 5
I purchased recently AQ Dragonfly and very happy with SQ and portability and it works great with my Shure SE535 now I am looking for OTH heaphone and have shortlisted two models, Sennheiser HD600 and AKG 550 but not sure which will work best hence looking for some experiences.   I tried Grado SR80 and found SQ not as great as my Shure SE535, so get the impression that AQ DF has some compatibility requirement to get the best out of it.   Please share your experience and help me out. Thanks

I tried my still for sale HD650 and DragonFly as many others not good match for them. Can't comment on K550 cause only heard them with Burson 160D and they were lacking sub-bass

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I tried my still for sale HD650 and DragonFly as many others not good match for them. Can't comment on K550 cause only heard them with Burson 160D and they were lacking sub-bass
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's too bad, I half expected the HD650 to be a good match for the DragonFly given their reasonable sensitivity of 103db/mw.  I guess it's the high impedance?

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for your input I was wondering if someone could explain me out of two HD600, 650 and AKG550 which one is easier to drive based impedence/db output etc then that would help, as you can guess I am not that techy in measuring audio devices. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back