AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Apr 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

indieman

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 9
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the reply. I am curious because apparently some have got it working with iPad... Oh well I'm planning on getting it any way. I'll do some experimenting with it and my idevices :)

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am curious because apparently some have got it working with iPad... Oh well I'm planning on getting it any way. I'll do some experimenting with it and my idevices
smily_headphones1.gif

A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 9
No problem.

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back