Audiophiles in Dubai?
Mar 27, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #1,201 of 1,748
Thanks, Punit. I had decided to go to Dubai Audio since it appears to be the only one close to where I am. Thanks for the help.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,203 of 1,748
I was able to check out Dubai Audio on Sheikh Zayed road yesterday. Wonderful products and very friendly staff. I'm trying to get my brother-in-law into Hi-Fi, and he was quite impressed with what he heard. Adil Anwar was the gentleman who helped us out, and he was great to work with. From my short time there, they are highly recommended. DJ Corner, I must admit, did fool me because of its name. Plus, their online info wasn't straight forward enough. All the same, it's been a really fun week in Dubai, and I'll surely be back next year.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,204 of 1,748
Just some more info - they did have the new Audez'e Sine headphones on hand, as well as the new Astell & Kern Junior, in case any of you Head-Fiers are interested in trying them out.

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,205 of 1,748
  +1. Will be great to see Sennheiser officially represented at the next meet, though HD 800 , 600, 650 are always there with some of the attendee's.

Thanks I'll probably pop down myself in an unofficial capacity - I live just round the corner. Honestly though as you say there are so many of the headphones down there already - I'm not sure what we could bring with us if we did come down in an official way. As you said most of the audiophile headphones of ours are well represented. When we have something majorly new and interesting I suppose that might be the time to make an appearance. Certainly there are some things in the pipeline for later this year...

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,206 of 1,748

Thanks I'll probably pop down myself in an unofficial capacity - I live just round the corner. Honestly though as you say there are so many of the headphones down there already - I'm not sure what we could bring with us if we did come down in an official way. As you said most of the audiophile headphones of ours are well represented. When we have something majorly new and interesting I suppose that might be the time to make an appearance. Certainly there are some things in the pipeline for later this year...

You can always bring the new HD800S and HD800 along with the HD25/HD8 DJ etc or the HD600/650 even though there might be some there. Bringing the IE800 etc is good too. It'll help having more spots for people to listen and nice to have a presence since it helps grow the scene knowing official reps are involved.

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #1,208 of 1,748
I would like to hear HD800S definitely.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,209 of 1,748

You can always bring the new HD800S and HD800 along with the HD25/HD8 DJ etc or the HD600/650 even though there might be some there. Bringing the IE800 etc is good too. It'll help having more spots for people to listen and nice to have a presence since it helps grow the scene knowing official reps are involved.

Also it would be nice if we could try the Senn HDVD 800 & HD630VB

I would like to hear HD800S definitely.

It's certainly a good idea, if I come down I don't mind bringing a few bits with me for a few hours. However that weekend is my birthday weekend so I might be away! If I'm not away I might come down for an hour and bring a few of the above items. I'll try and let you all know what time I'll be there, I'm sure someone can give me a small space to display them and hopefully I'll see a few of you down there. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,210 of 1,748
Bring a birthday cake as well. :wink:

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,212 of 1,748

I'm pretty sure Orpheus old or new model will be appreciate!!!

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #1,214 of 1,748

It's certainly a good idea, if I come down I don't mind bringing a few bits with me for a few hours. However that weekend is my birthday weekend so I might be away! If I'm not away I might come down for an hour and bring a few of the above items. I'll try and let you all know what time I'll be there, I'm sure someone can give me a small space to display them and hopefully I'll see a few of you down there. 

Noted and I will make sure you have space, no worries!! Looking forward to seeing you there. We make sure to sing "Happy Birthday!" for you 
beerchug.gif

Cheers,
Ralf

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #1,215 of 1,748
Denon store (Hifi City) in the Dubai Mall Electronics section is having a sale on various HP's & iems. The PSB M4U1 is selling for AED 499. I certainly do not need another HP, I was just walking around the mall after dropping my kid to a play area & just went to the electronics section to pass the time. I walked into the Denon store & was trying out the HP's for fun. They also had Focal Spirit  & various Denon HP's. I put on the PSB & was quite impressed by the sound - great mids & sound stage, nice bass, smooth treble. Also quite comfortable although I don't really care about the "Beats" look.I put it back & made the mistake of looking at the price. These are a steal at 499, so walked out with one, though I don't need one 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.amazon.com/PSB-Performance-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00AFUE7S6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back