Audiophiles Anonymous
Nov 27, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #406 of 522
it's totally dependent on the design/quality of the amp.
I concur. SR1a out of Bakoon 13R and CFA3 is simply sublime, and yet their power ratings are way below 100W.

Nov 27, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #407 of 522
I listened to the SR1a and 1b yesterday in my own system (Aurender W20SE and Holo May KTE) and it sounded excellent. I think that this system still images and soundstages more like headphones than speakers, but it does throw the soundstage a little bit more in front of you compared to most headphones. If I decide to buy the SR1a and 1b, I don't think it will be my main "go to" headphone but I think it would get a good share of listening time.

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #408 of 522
Dear friends, new head-fiers and oldies who remember me, I wanted to report in our Audiophile Anonymous that after taking some time off, and speaking with a therapist, I am feeling much better. I hope you don't mind me sharing, what I learned.

I am now of an opinion that one needs to satisfy 4 pillars to be in a good shape, which can be described as 1) physical health (self explanatory); 2) emotional health (romance, friends and family), 3) mental activation (things you are actively working on and are challenging, from which you learn and gain satisfaction); and finally 4) aspirations (things you want to achieve in life, irrespective of the timeline).

This made me realise that for me head-fi was serving as point 3 (mental activation), and point 2 (emotional support during pandemic), but I was still lacking point 4 in life. As many of you know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a hobby, making online friends, and spending time gear shopping. BUT, when that takes over your life (as it did mine), you realise (sometimes too late), that you need help and changes in your life are warranted.

I am writing to you all, in hopes that there is someone this message resonates with. For those who find themselves on head-fi a bit too much, and are still not happy, think about those 4 points. Are you lacking in any of those? Can you perhaps spend some extra time/effort, or ask for help, in order to develop yourself in them? I for one have took this time off to spend more time with my family and friends (to improve point 2, which slipped me during pandemic), and focused my mind on challenging tasks at work (repurposed the head-fi gear research time into work related technical tasks that required me to learn new skills) which made me happy/satisfied, but more importantly, it unlocked new opportunities for long term aspirations (finally solving the point 4).

In any case, thank you all, who wrote me a personal message wishing me well, I appreciate it a lot (you have no idea). Cheers

Nov 27, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #409 of 522
Dear friends, new head-fiers and oldies who remember me, I wanted to report in our Audiophile Anonymous that after taking some time off, and speaking with a therapist, I am feeling much better. I hope you don't mind me sharing, what I learned.

I am now of an opinion that one needs to satisfy 4 pillars to be in a good shape, which can be described as 1) physical health (self explanatory); 2) emotional health (romance, friends and family), 3) mental activation (things you are actively working on and are challenging, from which you learn and gain satisfaction); and finally 4) aspirations (things you want to achieve in life, irrespective of the timeline).

This made me realise that for me head-fi was serving as point 3 (mental activation), and point 2 (emotional support during pandemic), but I was still lacking point 4 in life. As many of you know, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a hobby, making online friends, and spending time gear shopping. BUT, when that takes over your life (as it did mine), you realise (sometimes too late), that you need help and changes in your life are warranted.

I am writing to you all, in hopes that there is someone this message resonates with. For those who find themselves on head-fi a bit too much, and are still not happy, think about those 4 points. Are you lacking in any of those? Can you perhaps spend some extra time/effort, or ask for help, in order to develop yourself in them? I for one have took this time off to spend more time with my family and friends (to improve point 2, which slipped me during pandemic), and focused my mind on challenging tasks at work (repurposed the head-fi gear research time into work related technical tasks that required me to learn new skills) which made me happy/satisfied, but more importantly, it unlocked new opportunities for long term aspirations (finally solving the point 4).

In any case, thank you all, who wrote me a personal message wishing me well, I appreciate it a lot (you have no idea). Cheers
Welcome back old friend! Glad you are doing better.

Nov 27, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #410 of 522
I concur. SR1a out of Bakoon 13R and CFA3 is simply sublime, and yet their power ratings are way below 100W.

The manufacturer lists 100W due to how much of that power gets burned off. But hey, if it works, it works :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 27, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #411 of 522
Jan 29, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #413 of 522
When does it end???
Never, haha. I’m still chasing and looking for ways to better my gear and improve the sound. For the most part, my foundation with the DAVE and M-scaler is rock solid. I’m dialing the sound in with tweaks like cables and such.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #414 of 522
Jan 29, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #416 of 522
I'm about to add a Cayin c9 to the mix with Socrates interconnects. I've fine tuned the cable down to Socrates so naturally the interconnects follow suit.
Forget cable until you have dumped at least $10k in your gear.

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #417 of 522
The manufacturer lists 100W due to how much of that power gets burned off. But hey, if it works, it works :wink:
the cfa3 is very powerful...a fair bit more so than the 13r which I own,,,I use my sr1a with the 1b which is a great combo

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #418 of 522
Forget cable until you have dumped at least $10k in your gear.
:point_up:Priorities should be headphones, amp, source, [EDIT: power conditioner], then cables.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #419 of 522
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #420 of 522
:point_up:Priorities should be headphones, amp, source, [EDIT: power conditioner], then cables.
Correct. I've got mest mk2, dx312 source which is point of diminishing returns imo. I can absolutely tell a difference in cables. Yes I "only" have roughly $3700 in it but that's a nice chunk of change for a portable setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back