Audiophiles Anonymous
Mar 11, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #511 of 522
sadly yes..the only thing I havent upgraded is my dave/blu2...otherwise I have been through tons of amps and HP's etc

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #512 of 522
I must say, with the DAVE and Envy paired with the Sus and LCD-5 I'm pretty satisfied.

I AM still trying tubes in the Envy that between a basic Garage 1217, Cavalli LP and Bigger Ben amps I have managed to collect. I have a good assortment of 6SN7, 6F8G, 12A*7 and 6J5G tubes to try as well as Elrog 300B.

Aug 20, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #514 of 522
I hear you and that's totally understandable. This hobby gets expensive quite fast. Not only this, the upgrade itch at times prevents us from getting properly used to stuff already owned.
Wow aint that the truth. I'm not complaining none of us have a gun to our heads to make us buy this stuff but the upgrade cycle is addictive . I try, that is try to work with brands that have an upgrade path at least. One example would be DCS they have both software and hardware enhancements to most of their gear which really protects your investments

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #515 of 522
Wow aint that the truth. I'm not complaining none of us have a gun to our heads to make us buy this stuff but the upgrade cycle is addictive . I try, that is try to work with brands that have an upgrade path at least. One example would be DCS they have both software and hardware enhancements to most of their gear which really protects your investments
Yeah finding brands with long term support really protects your investment.

A good example imo is T+A. My MP2000R was released back in 2015.
Somewhen in 2016 it received the Mk2 upgrade and this year (8 years after release) It will receive a new Streaming Module. The upgrade is also super affordable at ~600 bucks.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #516 of 522
I actually never thought this might really happen, but after 6 years of upgrading and moving gear, I finally reached a sense of real satisfaction in my setup.

It seems I reached my endgame, as there is not a single item I'd rather have than the gear I own, regardless of price.

Especially 2023 has been a big change with the move to the Envy, addition of a dedicated Server and even electrostatic and dynamic headphones. Just like many of you, I spent way more than initially planned, but it all worked out.

Feels like audiophile heaven right now!

Of course that doesn't mean, that I won't add new stuff to my collection. Whenever Meze releases something new, I'll be right there pressing the pre order Button. Dan Clark also earned this level of trust for future products.
However all these additions are currently fictional and unreleased.

So to all of you, still suffering from the upgrade addiction, there might be some hope that it ends eventually

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #517 of 522
I actually never thought this might really happen, but after 6 years of upgrading and moving gear, I finally reached a sense of real satisfaction in my setup.

It seems I reached my endgame, as there is not a single item I'd rather have than the gear I own, regardless of price.

Especially 2023 has been a big change with the move to the Envy, addition of a dedicated Server and even electrostatic and dynamic headphones. Just like many of you, I spent way more than initially planned, but it all worked out.

Feels like audiophile heaven right now!

Of course that doesn't mean, that I won't add new stuff to my collection. Whenever Meze releases something new, I'll be right there pressing the pre order Button. Dan Clark also earned this level of trust for future products.
However all these additions are currently fictional and unreleased.

So to all of you, still suffering from the upgrade addiction, there might be some hope that it ends eventually
Bad news fellow crackhead. Meze is. Supposedly a revised Empyrean. It makes no sense to me as they already have the Elite. It looks like this one would fit between the original and that.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #518 of 522
Bad news fellow crackhead. Meze is. Supposedly a revised Empyrean. It makes no sense to me as they already have the Elite. It looks like this one would fit between the original and that.
Well I am well aware that they are working on a new headphone with Rinaros Hybrid Array Drivers as well as a new one using their new dynamic driver. There is stuff in the Pipeline, probably always will be.

Last Meze release was 2022 with the 109 Pro. Last Rinaro release 2021. Therefore I'd expect it even in 2024 already

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #519 of 522
I owned the Empyrean the moment it came out. Had it for quite a while before going the 1266 TC route. Eventually got tired of the buy and sell, rinse and repeat routine and sold everything.

I got back in a few months ago and bought the Empyrean again. I surprised bow good it was. However my go to music is Classic Rock, and the Empyrean is too polite sounding. Took a flyer on a used Final Audio D8000 non pro and paired it with a used Mjolnir Dynalo Pure Power mk2, an inexpensive NUC running Euphony software with a linear power supply, and I am in heaven.

I’ve owned the Dynalo a few years ago as well. Great amp. The D8000 to me is a better option than the TC. Bass might be as good, treble not as bright, and a real midrange. The only part that is not as good is the huge soundstage of the TC.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #522 of 522
Maybe, but I also could get sub-bass distortion on super heavy bass tracks; could be mitigated with pads closer to ears but I just got tired of dealing with them, and the mids were always off to me.

A lot of electronica TBH, the organic and rich qualities of the TD with the leaner 1000se sounds balanced, fleshed out and plenty fast. I also listen to a fair amount of folk, vocals and stripped down acoustic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back