Audiophile rage
Mar 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #31 of 61
(This was like 6 months ago)

A friend of mine (not so close) and I started to argue about headphones. He started with the "Beats are the best" crap. Then he said "Beats are the best headphones ever made. Nothing is better than Beats.". Then I said "So, if Beats are the best headphones ever made, what was the best one before Beats came out?". He then said "Duh! Before Beats headphones were terrible! Everybody had the Apple ones".

I wanted to punch him so hard...

Ignorance is Bliss.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #32 of 61
There was once a guy asked me to try my HD 202s when I bring them  to school. You know what he did? Crank the volumn to maximum. Hell I checked his phone, the one he used to drive my hp, and found out his build-in 8 bands EQ were all maxed out as well. I asked why he did that and he told me he want his music loud. You don't know how much I wanted to grab a pen, stab and break his ear drums back then.

Apr 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #33 of 61
Quote:
There was once a guy asked me to try my HD 202s when I bring them  to school. You know what he did? Crank the volumn to maximum. Hell I checked his phone, the one he used to drive my hp, and found out his build-in 8 bands EQ were all maxed out as well. I asked why he did that and he told me he want his music loud. You don't know how much I wanted to grab a pen, stab and break his ear drums back then.

well its his ears 
wink.gif
 unless he blew your headphone drivers then it becomes a problem for you

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Lol it sounds we have been through a similar situation. I had brought my HD202 to tution and a friend asked to borrow it, he asked for some dubstep so i plugged it into my phone, the setting's were my custom eq, and preamp about -8db, and 50-60% volume (i wanna keep my ears intact) next thing he said crank it up, so i upped the volume to 80%, he said "MOAR", so i cranked it up to 100%, he still kept asking me to push it so i increased the preamp to -4db (at this point my ears would be strained already) and i had to crank it up to 0 db, then + 4db, then +8 db, then + 10db, but he still asked to go louder, so at my last ditch attempt i maxed everything i got in my phone, went to +14 db 100% volume. Only now he is satisfied. But now i was able to hear everything clearly sitting 3 feet from him across the table leaking from a CLOSED headphone, not that it was a grado or something open. Pity his ears.
blink.gif

Also disappointed how loud people audition headphones at the audio shop, i can hear a K701,DT770,T1 and others across from the other side of the shop (10+ feet away) and it wasn't exactly quiet either, probably average street noise level. Borrowed my amp once, next thing i found out they had switched the bass and gain switch on.... Only realized it later at home when my music sounded unusually boomy with bass.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #35 of 61
Quote:
Lol it sounds we have been through a similar situation. I had brought my HD202 to tution and a friend asked to borrow it, he asked for some dubstep so i plugged it into my phone, the setting's were my custom eq, and preamp about -8db, and 50-60% volume (i wanna keep my ears intact) next thing he said crank it up, so i upped the volume to 80%, he said "MOAR", so i cranked it up to 100%, he still kept asking me to push it so i increased the preamp to -4db (at this point my ears would be strained already) and i had to crank it up to 0 db, then + 4db, then +8 db, then + 10db, but he still asked to go louder, so at my last ditch attempt i maxed everything i got in my phone, went to +14 db 100% volume. Only now he is satisfied. But now i was able to hear everything clearly sitting 3 feet from him across the table leaking from a CLOSED headphone, not that it was a grado or something open. Pity his ears.
blink.gif

Also disappointed how loud people audition headphones at the audio shop, i can hear a K701,DT770,T1 and others across from the other side of the shop (10+ feet away) and it wasn't exactly quiet either, probably average street noise level. Borrowed my amp once, next thing i found out they had switched the bass and gain switch on.... Only realized it later at home when my music sounded unusually boomy with bass.

i brought my ibasso dx100 and sony z1000 to school and my friend asked to audition it. at the listening level that i usually listen on, he claimed he couldnt hear anything and asked me to turn it up louder... my other friend then asked me about the price of my z1000 and then  told me i got ripped off and i should have gotten beats by dre and he said beats by dre made him feel like hes in a club or in the studio. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #36 of 61
my first cans were a pair of k242s. 
everyone said i listen to my music too loud, even though i didn't. 
I'll give you a standard conversation.

*someone taps me on the shoulder*
them:can you turn your music down? i can hear it.
me:sorry, i cant really, this is as low as they go ( i have minor hearing loss...)
them: but i can hear it...it is too loud.
me:xf_eek:h, that is because they have holes in the back. so they sound better.
them:that is stupid. you should get noise cancelling ones.
me:i like these, and noise cancelling is a scam
them: well, your music is still too loud. you need to turn it down.
me: ........

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #37 of 61
Quote:
my first cans were a pair of k242s. 
everyone said i listen to my music too loud, even though i didn't. 
I'll give you a standard conversation.

*someone taps me on the shoulder*
them:can you turn your music down? i can hear it.
me:sorry, i cant really, this is as low as they go ( i have minor hearing loss...)
them: but i can hear it...it is too loud.
me:xf_eek:h, that is because they have holes in the back. so they sound better.
them:that is stupid. you should get noise cancelling ones.
me:i like these, and noise cancelling is a scam
them: well, your music is still too loud. you need to turn it down.
me: ........

well i hate using open cans in public, its too noisy for me to listen to music with open cans. for leakage, i cant care much what others think to be honest lol

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #38 of 61
3 months ago I was listening happily to my Denon D5000's and FiiO E17 (which I had owned for about 2 months back then), decided to go for a shower. Came back and the E17 wouldn't turn on. I instantly freaked out and opened the thing to reveal that there were two melted pools of white plastic inside.... pic related, it's where the melted plastic was.

Edit: Also to somewhat negate my rage, 100th post! woop woop!

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #39 of 61
Quote:
3 months ago I was listening happily to my Denon D5000's and FiiO E17 (which I had owned for about 2 months back then), decided to go for a shower. Came back and the E17 wouldn't turn on. I instantly freaked out and opened the thing to reveal that there were two melted pools of white plastic inside.... pic related, it's where the melted plastic was.

Edit: Also to somewhat negate my rage, 100th post! woop woop!

did you take your setup to shower?

Apr 5, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

i brought my ibasso dx100 and sony z1000 to school and my friend asked to audition it. at the listening level that i usually listen on, he claimed he couldnt hear anything and asked me to turn it up louder... my other friend then asked me about the price of my z1000 and then  told me i got ripped off and i should have gotten beats by dre and he said beats by dre made him feel like hes in a club or in the studio. 

aww what does he know about being ripped off...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #42 of 61
Quote:
aww what does he know about being ripped off...
rolleyes.gif

lol and also the friend who auditioned it said he can hear highs with z1000 (im not really sure what he means to be honest) and he said the headphone sounds "sharp". i agree with the "sharp" part and i know exactly what he means by that because i own the headphone. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 i personally would also use "sharp" to describe it too. forgot to mention, theres also another friend who auditioned the headphone after him, he said it sounded really clear. i also agree with that. however the friend that made the remark that i got ripped off just walked by, saw my other friends auditioning my z1000 ,did not bother to listen to my z1000, only asked me the price and said i got ripped off lol

Quote:
Nope just regular use with the provided usb-cable into my pc.

i dont know, i used to have a fiio e17, it worked fine, it still works fine, just right now i transfered ownership to my younger brother. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #43 of 61

Yeah, seems like he spends a lot time in a Studio on a regular basis and knows all about accurate sound reproduction.... :D

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

well its his ears 
wink.gif
 unless he blew your headphone drivers then it becomes a problem for you

It's not my problem if his ears become useless, but I am easily pissed off when ever I see somebody listening to music with deafening loud volume. That and using EQ wrongly

Quote:
blink.gif

Maybe I should apply for a job at any hearing aid center lol, people this generation will soon be regular customers in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back