audiophile quality albums
Aug 26, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #47 of 340
Sophie Zelmani - Memory Loves You

Check her out! She's a really good singer-songwriter and the quality of the music and producing on that CD is more than beyond good.

/Chopha

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #48 of 340
Alot of good suggestions here.
Defiantly Dark Side of the Moon. IMO this is one of the greatest albums ever. The total album together is just amazing. its like one song.

Also here are a few of my favorite albums. Each one of these is an amazing album as a whole

Layla and other Assorted Love Songs - Derek and the Dominoes

August and Everything After - Counting crows

Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers (personally my favorite album. The songs are amazing, they did an amazing job with this album. Each song is really a big picture song that sounds amazing on detailed headphones. What i mean by big picture song is they are really full songs. there are alot of small detail that you can appreciate wihtout great equipment. Two great songs to listen to are Wet Sand and Strip my Mind.)

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #49 of 340
IMO Rage Against The Machine's self-entitled first album is very high quality and btw it's one of my favorite albums.

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #50 of 340
31gJgPbJFUL._AA115_.jpg

Bernard Herrmann: the Film Scores LAPO/Salonen

I have it on Red Book and it is astounding, I can only imagine how well it will sound on SACD...

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #52 of 340
Quote:

Alot of good suggestions here.
Defiantly Dark Side of the Moon. IMO this is one of the greatest albums ever. The total album together is just amazing. its like one song.

Also here are a few of my favorite albums. Each one of these is an amazing album as a whole

Layla and other Assorted Love Songs - Derek and the Dominoes

August and Everything After - Counting crows

Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers (personally my favorite album. The songs are amazing, they did an amazing job with this album. Each song is really a big picture song that sounds amazing on detailed headphones. What i mean by big picture song is they are really full songs. there are alot of small detail that you can appreciate wihtout great equipment. Two great songs to listen to are Wet Sand and Strip my Mind.)

Infact, taking a second look at your post, you seem to have listed albums you like, I have no problems with them, and I believe they are all terrific records, but they dont fit in this thread IMHO, they are not audiophile quality albums

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #53 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
December - George Winston

31G1Q7EN03L.jpg

Fact

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #54 of 340
I'm gonna ditto three suggestions in this thread...

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (fantastic quality considering it was recorded in 1959)
and... Rage Against the Machine's first album on vinyl sounds fantastic, very full sound, I found it on vinyl in a charity shop recently for 50p
580smile.gif

I have just been listening to the Beastie Boy's new record on vinyl and it has a very clean live feel... very stripped down!

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #56 of 340
E.S Posthumus: Combination of Orchestra (80 Piece), Choir (Worldwide), and Electronic Production work.

Celldweller: Heavy rock, bordering on mosh pit rock, blended with trance like electronic music. This music will test out a wide range of sound.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #57 of 340
Check out the handful of Audio Fidelity discs thats are still in print as well.

Bad Company, Doobie Brothers, Deep Purple, and to a lesser extent the Faces sound great on the Audio Fidelity version.

Sep 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #59 of 340
For a country male vocalist reference album I would suggest Willie Nelson's Stardust even though these are not country tunes.

http://www.amazon.com/Stardust-Willi.../dp/B0000296J3

51AXYTJPPYL._SS500_.jpg

Willie's voice at its best with some great eternal songs like Blue Skys, Georgia on my mind, All of me, Moonlight in Vermont. I can see clearly now and of course Stardust and others.

Sep 1, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #60 of 340
"Cantate Domino" .... a long time audiophile standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back