Audiophile Ninja cables?
Sep 7, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #46 of 214
I was more talking about the printwork on the box, the pen and the bottle opener not really the type of container. I am sure the printing costs money compared to a plain brown box, as do the pen and key chain. In my opinion this is a savings that could be passed on to the customer, used to get connectors that are marked or just pocketed by him as a profit for that matter. My point is it isn't needed. The cables are good enough to speak for themselves. Like I said I am being extremely nitpicky is all. The cable was well worth the money either way. I was just trying to give him a small suggestion. Not turn this into a crusade lol. Unless he is selling the cables in a retial store somewhere where they are on display. Then I get the branded boxing.

Oh, and if the builder happens to be reading this. If you can come up with an angled mini xlr connector or whatever it is on the AKG K371 let me know I will gladly buy another set of cables from you tomorrow. The stock one that sticks straight down rubs on my shoulder sometimes and noise gets transmitted into the headphones. And it just feels annoying. I looked for a replacement set with an angle and couldn't find any. I saw you make some for those but it was the straight type of connector.

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #47 of 214
I was more talking about the printwork on the box, the pen and the bottle opener not really the type of container. I am sure the printing costs money compared to a plain brown box, as do the pen and key chain. In my opinion this is a savings that could be passed on to the customer, used to get connectors that are marked or just pocketed by him as a profit for that matter. My point is it isn't needed. The cables are good enough to speak for themselves. Like I said I am being extremely nitpicky is all. The cable was well worth the money either way. I was just trying to give him a small suggestion. Not turn this into a crusade lol. Unless he is selling the cables in a retial store somewhere where they are on display. Then I get the branded boxing.

Oh, and if the builder happens to be reading this. If you can come up with an angled mini xlr connector or whatever it is on the AKG K371 let me know I will gladly buy another set of cables from you tomorrow. The stock one that sticks straight down rubs on my shoulder sometimes and noise gets transmitted into the headphones. And it just feels annoying. I looked for a replacement set with an angle and couldn't find any. I saw you make some for those but it was the straight type of connector.
He does custom requests - my 800s' XLR cables are from him. These are non-standard offerings. You can probably request it from Jeremy.
IMG_20210823_095331.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #48 of 214
Hey all - Thank you so much for the discussion regarding Audiophile Ninja cables. I definitely appreciate the feedback, and will incorporate into future products where possible and where it makes business sense.

This year has been crazy keeping up with all the orders, growing our cable offerings as fast as possible, managing the site, photographing our products, answering emails, etc. So I'm not always on Head-Fi, but if you have any questions, definitely reach out to me via the contact info on our website. Always happy to help. I hired 2 part time technicians this year to assist me with Audiophile Ninja's production and support, so if you get a response from Chris or Wil, don't be alarmed. They don't bite. :)

Just wanted to answer a few of the comments and questions on here on this thread. I just scanned through some of the posts, so if I missed one, I apologize and was not intended.

Labels on Connectors for R/L: We initially did have heatshrink with red/white logos that we used to cover all of our connectors that didn't have pre-marked R/L. But I wanted to simplify the look, to give it a cleaner aesthetic, and not be another brand layered with heatshrink that warps and degrades over time. Then came the idea to use the splitter/logo as a built-in method of making that determination.

After testing out the new method, most of our customers prefered the cleaner look, and using the logo for orientation, so we moved forward with that. But we still have the heatshrink available with Red/White logos. If you wish to have them added, just add a note to your order to ensure we see your request. Most of our connectors are coated, and didn't hold colored paint well on them, but I will look in the future for other materials to put a red/white dot/smear instead of heatshrink for L/R option.

Promo Items and Costs: Box, Pen, and Bottle Opener combined cost = $0.76 As a small company, it is critical to stand out and show we care about our products. Part of that quality and care needs to go into the presentation. The box with logo/site also aids in branding recognition and advertising, in addition to guiding customers to our website, where prices are the lowest, as Etsy and eBay charge their platform fees. The pen/bottle opener swag, when bought in bulk is just a few cents, which is well worth it to give our customers a little bit of something to say 'thank you'. I'm from WI, I drink beer. You betcha. What better way to say 'hello and a warm welcome from WI', than something to open booze with, eh? :)

Simplification:
I truly do try hard to keep everything simple and avoid all waste by including re-usable cable ties, no throwaway plastic, etc. Heck, at the end of a spool of cable, the few inches left, we use for building our Balanced Adapter products. When you're saving scraps to build new products, that's efficient. All the savings goes toward paying our workers a living wage here in the US, and toward designing and building new products. That's it. We work out of a basement to save on costs. I started the company as just me building 4 cable types with 1 standard length, and this past year have recently hired 2 part-time workers to assist me, and we now have 20+ cable varieties (and growing) in 12 cable lengths.

Emails - Order/Shipping/etc: Our ordering system automatically sends out emails with every order, and then again with shipment, including tracking details. There have been a few cases where the customer's email servers were down, congested, etc, and emails were rejected, delayed, or even blocked by filters. Most of them get through, but if you don't see a shipping confirmation within a week of your order, chances are it was lost in the ethereal flow of the interwebs. Just email us, and we'll let you know your order status and tracking details if it was sent.

We are a tiny business, and typically respond to emails within a few business days. We really do work our tails off to do the best we can, and appreciate your patience.

Again, thank you all for your continued feedback, and I'll check back routinely to constantly gather your ideas, and adjust our business. We add cables based on demand, so if you see one we don't have, email us. We may not be able to build yet, but more demand means it gets higher on the design/build list.

Take care, and enjoy your music -

Jeremy

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #49 of 214
Does anyone know if there will be a noticeable difference in sound quality with a 4ft vs a 6/7ft SE audio ninja cable for the Sundara? No matter how small, and if there is please describe how small of a difference it is. I have no doubt about the quality of this brand but I'm wondering if I should order two lengths or just one. (a shorter one for the ultimate quality and a longer one maybe longer than 7 actually so I can use my headphones while playing the guitar)

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #50 of 214
Does anyone know if there will be a noticeable difference in sound quality with a 4ft vs a 6/7ft SE audio ninja cable for the Sundara? No matter how small, and if there is please describe how small of a difference it is. I have no doubt about the quality of this brand but I'm wondering if I should order two lengths or just one. (a shorter one for the ultimate quality and a longer one maybe longer than 7 actually so I can use my headphones while playing the guitar)
No sound quality difference between those lenghts. You can just order the more convenient length

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #51 of 214
Hey all - Thank you so much for the discussion regarding Audiophile Ninja cables. I definitely appreciate the feedback, and will incorporate into future products where possible and where it makes business sense.

This year has been crazy keeping up with all the orders, growing our cable offerings as fast as possible, managing the site, photographing our products, answering emails, etc. So I'm not always on Head-Fi, but if you have any questions, definitely reach out to me via the contact info on our website. Always happy to help. I hired 2 part time technicians this year to assist me with Audiophile Ninja's production and support, so if you get a response from Chris or Wil, don't be alarmed. They don't bite. :)

Just wanted to answer a few of the comments and questions on here on this thread. I just scanned through some of the posts, so if I missed one, I apologize and was not intended.

Labels on Connectors for R/L: We initially did have heatshrink with red/white logos that we used to cover all of our connectors that didn't have pre-marked R/L. But I wanted to simplify the look, to give it a cleaner aesthetic, and not be another brand layered with heatshrink that warps and degrades over time. Then came the idea to use the splitter/logo as a built-in method of making that determination.

After testing out the new method, most of our customers prefered the cleaner look, and using the logo for orientation, so we moved forward with that. But we still have the heatshrink available with Red/White logos. If you wish to have them added, just add a note to your order to ensure we see your request. Most of our connectors are coated, and didn't hold colored paint well on them, but I will look in the future for other materials to put a red/white dot/smear instead of heatshrink for L/R option.

Promo Items and Costs: Box, Pen, and Bottle Opener combined cost = $0.76 As a small company, it is critical to stand out and show we care about our products. Part of that quality and care needs to go into the presentation. The box with logo/site also aids in branding recognition and advertising, in addition to guiding customers to our website, where prices are the lowest, as Etsy and eBay charge their platform fees. The pen/bottle opener swag, when bought in bulk is just a few cents, which is well worth it to give our customers a little bit of something to say 'thank you'. I'm from WI, I drink beer. You betcha. What better way to say 'hello and a warm welcome from WI', than something to open booze with, eh? :)

Simplification:
I truly do try hard to keep everything simple and avoid all waste by including re-usable cable ties, no throwaway plastic, etc. Heck, at the end of a spool of cable, the few inches left, we use for building our Balanced Adapter products. When you're saving scraps to build new products, that's efficient. All the savings goes toward paying our workers a living wage here in the US, and toward designing and building new products. That's it. We work out of a basement to save on costs. I started the company as just me building 4 cable types with 1 standard length, and this past year have recently hired 2 part-time workers to assist me, and we now have 20+ cable varieties (and growing) in 12 cable lengths.

Emails - Order/Shipping/etc: Our ordering system automatically sends out emails with every order, and then again with shipment, including tracking details. There have been a few cases where the customer's email servers were down, congested, etc, and emails were rejected, delayed, or even blocked by filters. Most of them get through, but if you don't see a shipping confirmation within a week of your order, chances are it was lost in the ethereal flow of the interwebs. Just email us, and we'll let you know your order status and tracking details if it was sent.

We are a tiny business, and typically respond to emails within a few business days. We really do work our tails off to do the best we can, and appreciate your patience.

Again, thank you all for your continued feedback, and I'll check back routinely to constantly gather your ideas, and adjust our business. We add cables based on demand, so if you see one we don't have, email us. We may not be able to build yet, but more demand means it gets higher on the design/build list.

Take care, and enjoy your music -

Jeremy
Thank you, Jeremy. I couldn't be happier with my Audiophile Ninja cables and your service (and swag!). I recommend them to everyone who asks online and in person!

Oct 5, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #52 of 214
Labels on Connectors for R/L: We initially did have heatshrink with red/white logos that we used to cover all of our connectors that didn't have pre-marked R/L. But I wanted to simplify the look, to give it a cleaner aesthetic, and not be another brand layered with heatshrink that warps and degrades over time.
Thank you for not using heatshrink on your cables. I've purchased other custom cables in the past, and the first part to fail has always been the heatshrink. The last failure in one of my cables at the y-splitter is what led me to purchase a new cable, which ultimately came from you. Part of my decision was based on the lack of heatshrink.

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #53 of 214
Another positive review of Audiophile Ninja cables. This is my third cable from them, each one has arrived quickly and issue-free. I wanted something for my Utopia other than the heavy and extra long stock cable, but aftermarket cables can get quite spendy for this model. The build quality and cable feel are perfect for me. Very happy with these cables, such a reasonable alternative to some of the more $$$ stuff out there.

lZEiRai.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #54 of 214
Another thumbs up for the Audiophile Ninja cables for my Sundara's! Ordered the same day I received my 'phones, and they were in my mailbox 5 days later! Priced well, awesome build quality, open and engaging sound, and I loved the swag! As soon as I hit "post reply", I'm going to place an order for a balanced set as well. Keep up the great work Jeremy!

Jan 22, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #56 of 214
I received a new cable for my Sundara's from Audiophile Ninja yesterday. I listened to a song that I was familiar with, changed the cable and listened to the song again. There was a difference. I didn't expect that but I wanted to give it a try. The sound was more open, clearer and a bit brighter.
It took a week from placing the order to getting it. They acknowledged the order when I placed it and then sent tracking when it shipped. The cable was reasonably priced (less than $68 with shipping). I have two other headphones, AKG 702's and Sennheiser HD6XX's that are probably going to get new cables too. Where does this stop?

Jan 24, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #57 of 214
As previously posted, I was very happy with the Audiophile Ninja standard cables I bought as a replacement for the Sundara cable. The cable brought the Sundara's to life. Much more open, to my ears anyway. I also purchased the balanced version of the same cable, and these took the Sundara's to a new level. The improvement was immediate, and not subtle. I could feel a grin on my face the moment I listened to some familiar tracks. My source is Tidal streaming, through an iFi Zen Dac balanced port.

I won't pretend I can use all of the verbiage a Stereophile or Absolute Sound reviewer uses when describing the differences they hear when reviewing particular cables or electronics. It just sounded "better" to me, and that's all I need. In this crazy world of high dollar equipment, power supplies, cables, etc. It is very refreshing to make a significant improvement to my listening experience for less than the cost of a nice dinner . On top of all of this, shipping was fast ( 5 days - order placement to cool box and swag in my mailbox).

Thanks Audiophile Ninja for a great product and customer service!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #58 of 214
As previously posted, I was very happy with the Audiophile Ninja standard cables I bought as a replacement for the Sundara cable. The cable brought the Sundara's to life. Much more open, to my ears anyway. I also purchased the balanced version of the same cable, and these took the Sundara's to a new level. The improvement was immediate, and not subtle. I could feel a grin on my face the moment I listened to some familiar tracks. My source is Tidal streaming, through an iFi Zen Dac balanced port.

I won't pretend I can use all of the verbiage a Stereophile or Absolute Sound reviewer uses when describing the differences they hear when reviewing particular cables or electronics. It just sounded "better" to me, and that's all I need. In this crazy world of high dollar equipment, power supplies, cables, etc. It is very refreshing to make a significant improvement to my listening experience for less than the cost of a nice dinner . On top of all of this, shipping was fast ( 5 days - order placement to cool box and swag in my mailbox).

Thanks Audiophile Ninja for a great product and customer service!
Exact same experience with my HiFiMan HE-400se and a balanced cable from Jeremy at Audiophile Ninja!

Jan 28, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #60 of 214
I just ordered my second set of cables from Audiophileninja. I have a balanced set I bought for my LCD-X and now I've decided to buy another one for my 10 year old HE-500 and can't wait for them to be shipped out. Build is solid, not a big believer that cables really change the sound but you cannot beat the price to quality ratio on these and am looking forward to hearing my HE-500s balanced out of my Liquid Platinum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back